Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends to talk about a champion who’s been around for quite some time – Mordekaiser. If you’re curious about this hulking Juggernaut and why I’m excited to review him, read on. Mordekaiser was released way back in 2010, and his unique playstyle is something I can’t wait to share with you. So, let’s jump into the spooky realm of Mordekaiser.
Picture this: Mordekaiser, a brutal warlord from a forgotten era, wielding necromantic sorcery to enslave souls for all eternity. His powers are legendary, and there are ancient souls that fear his return. He’s a conqueror, an entity who hungers for power and dominance over both the living and the dead.
Let’s break down Mordekaiser’s abilities. He’s a formidable force on the Rift:
- Passive – Darkness Rise: Mordekaiser gains a damage aura and bonus movement speed after landing 3 attacks or spells on champions or monsters.
- Q – Obliterate: He smashes the ground with his mace, dealing damage to enemies. The damage increases when hitting a single target.
- W – Indestructible: Mordekaiser stores damage he deals and takes to create a shield, which can be consumed for a heal.
- E – Death’s Grasp: He pulls all enemies in an area towards him.
- R – Realm of Death: This is his ultimate ability, where Mordekaiser drags his victim to a different dimension, stealing a portion of their stats. If he kills them, he retains these stats until they respawn.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Mordekaiser
Here’s the lowdown on Mordekaiser:
- He’s manaless, so no need to worry about running out of resources.
- Mordekaiser is decent at all stages of the game, making him a reliable pick.
- A fantastic duelist, especially against tanks and melee champions.
- He can remove enemy champions from a fight temporarily with his ultimate.
- With built-in bonuses, magic damage on-hit, a shield, and healing, he’s versatile.
- His ultimate gives him a statistics buff that can turn the tide of a battle.
- Enemy champions can cleanse his ultimate with QSS, so watch out for that.
- He’s somewhat immobile and lacks a true escape option.
- Besides Flash, he doesn’t have a reliable escape mechanism.
- There’s a lack of hard crowd control in his kit.
- He’s often banned, so you might not always get to play him.
- Some find his skillshot animations a bit clunky.
Best Items for Mordekaiser
When it comes to items for Mordekaiser, you’ve got options:
Doran’s Shield: It’s the best overall starting item for a safe laning phase, with plenty of sustain.
Doran’s Ring: If you’re aiming to snowball, this one packs more damage, but less sustain. Good for poke-heavy matchups.
Dark Seal: Risky, but it can pay off in lower ELOs if you can keep your deaths low and stack Mejai’s.
Blasting Wand: A solid first back item and a component for Rylai’s Crystal Scepter and Riftmaker.
Bramble Vest: A must-buy against champions like Aatrox and Olaf.
Kindlegem: Offers HP and CDR, both great on Mordekaiser, and a component of Iceborn Gauntlet.
Plated Steelcaps: Necessary for tough matchups like Jax and Fiora.
Aether Wisp: My personal favorite for the passive movement speed and AP it provides.
Best Lanes and Roles for Mordekaiser
Mordekaiser shines in the top lane as an AP bully. He has great sustain, an extensive item pool, and excels in dueling and teamfights.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
In the matchup game, Mordekaiser triumphs against champions like K’Sante and Sion but struggles against Kayle and Olaf. Keep these matchups in mind for a smoother game.
Price of this Champion in 2023
For those wondering about the price tag on Mordekaiser, he’ll cost you 1350 Blue Essence or 585 Riot Points.
Having Mordekaiser in your champion pool is a real game-changer. His passive makes him an excellent duelist and tank-shredder. The bonus movement speed from his passive allows you to stick to your opponents, and his ultimate can turn the tide of a battle.
Best Guide for Mordekaiser in 2023
Now, if you want to master Mordekaiser, I’ve got a fantastic guide for you. Check out this comprehensive guide. It’s packed with tips and strategies to take your Mordekaiser game to the next level.
Best Skins for Mordekaiser
Mordekaiser boasts an impressive collection of skins, each with its unique style. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Infernal Mordekaiser: This skin is visually stunning, with fiery particles and a menacing presence. Though it’s great, it’s rated lower due to its similarities with another skin.
- King of Clubs Mordekaiser: This skin oozes regal vibes with golden armor and a massive crown. It’s visually appealing but faces competition from other skins with similar themes.
- Dragon Knight Mordekaiser: Embracing a dragon aesthetic, this skin features an impressive character model with exposed scales. It ranks lower due to fewer particle changes.
- Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Mordekaiser: While it excels in rock and roll animations, the character model design falls short compared to others. It offers a different flavor but some might prefer character models over animations.
- Pentakill Mordekaiser: A classic choice for Mordekaiser mains, this skin offers a rock-inspired character model, blazing particles, and an outstanding dance emote. It’s cost-effective with high quality.
- Lord Mordekaiser: Often overlooked but remarkable, Lord Mordekaiser combines a brutal yet regal appearance with distinctive purple particles. A skin that deserves consideration.
- PROJECT: Mordekaiser: As Mordekaiser’s only legendary skin, it brings a range of new animations and features, including futuristic abilities and an outstanding ultimate transformation.
- High Noon Mordekaiser: Perfectly fitting the Western-style demon theme, it features a character model that’s fitting for Mordekaiser. Unique train-related animations and impressive details set it apart.
- Dark Star Mordekaiser: This skin takes the top spot with its cosmic power, featuring planet-shattering animations and an overall universe-conquering theme.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap up, let’s dive into some tricks and interesting tidbits about Mordekaiser:
- Mordekaiser may have drawn inspiration from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, particularly Conquest.
- He was the only champion without any mobility or crowd control effects until patch V5.4, where Creeping Death was changed to give him bonus movement speed.
- Believe it or not, Mordekaiser might have been responsible for around 80% of all live bugs in League of Legends. Spooky, right?
- Mordekaiser’s helmet closely resembles the ‘M’ in Sodom’s logo, a nod to heavy metal culture.
Here’s a tip: In team fights, use your ultimate, Realm of Death, to lock down the biggest threat on the enemy team. This isolates them and can turn the tide in your favor.
Also, remember to stack up your shield with Indestructible before trading; it can make a massive difference in battle.
Keep in mind that Mordekaiser can be kited by ranged champions. Wait for them to use their dashes or movement abilities before going in with your Death’s Grasp for a higher chance of landing it.
So, there you have it, fellow gamers. Mordekaiser is a champion with a rich history and a unique playstyle, and I hope this guide has shed some light on why he’s such a cool pick on the Rift. Now, go forth and conquer, just like Mordekaiser would want you to.
Who is Mordekaiser in League of Legends?
Mordekaiser is a brutal warlord wielding necromantic sorcery, released in 2010, with powers that enslave souls and make him a conqueror of both the living and the dead.
What are Mordekaiser’s abilities and playstyle?
Mordekaiser’s abilities include a passive aura, a ground-smashing Q, a shield-generating W, a crowd-pulling E, and an ultimate that steals stats and temporarily removes an enemy from a fight.
What are the pros and cons of playing Mordekaiser?
Pros include being manaless, versatile with bonuses, shield, and healing, and excelling in duels. Cons include lack of mobility and hard crowd control, as well as occasional bans.
What are the best items for Mordekaiser in 2023?
Some recommended items for Mordekaiser include Doran’s Shield for sustain, Bramble Vest against specific matchups, and Aether Wisp for movement speed and AP.
What are Mordekaiser’s best skins and interesting facts about him?
Mordekaiser’s top skin is Dark Star Mordekaiser, and interesting facts include his possible inspiration from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and being involved in many bugs in the past.