Hey there, fellow summoners! If you’re looking for the lowdown on League of Legends‘ freshest champion, Akshan, you’ve come to the right place. Released back in July 2021, Akshan is one of those charismatic champs who’s equally adept at doling out justice and looking dashing while doing it. He’s got a unique blend of marksmanship and assassin skills, making him a force to be reckoned with in the middle lane. But before we dive into the nitty-gritty, let’s get acquainted with some basic facts.
Picture this: a daring daredevil named Akshan, who’s got a knack for sticking it to the bad guys with style. He’s not your typical brooding anti-hero; Akshan oozes charisma and righteousness. He’s a master of stealth combat, sneaking up on his foes when they least expect it. And here’s the kicker: he’s got a legendary weapon that can reverse death itself. His moral compass? Simple—just don’t be a jerk.
Now, let’s break down Akshan’s toolkit:
- Passive – Dirty Fighting: Akshan’s attacks and abilities pack an extra punch every third hit against champions, granting him a handy shield if they’re the target. Plus, he gets a speed boost when he attacks. Talk about style points!
- Q – Avengerang: Akshan throws a boomerang that hits enemies on the way out and on the way back. It’s like playing catch, but with deadly projectiles.
- W – Going Rogue: This ability marks enemy champions as Scoundrels when they off your teammates. If you get revenge by taking them down, you resurrect your fallen allies and earn some bonus gold. Plus, you go incognito and get a speed boost. It’s like playing spy, but cooler.
- E – Heroic Swing: Akshan fires a grappling hook into terrain and swings around it while peppering enemies with shots. Swing high, swing low, and swing into action!
- R – Comeuppance: Akshan locks onto an enemy champ and stores up bullets. Release them to deal massive damage based on your target’s missing health. It’s like a high-stakes game of Russian roulette.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s talk pros and cons. In my humble gamer opinion:
- Akshan scales like a champ into late-game, thanks to his unique itemization.
- His roaming game is top-notch, with that nifty stealth mechanic.
- He’s a master of surprise, picking off low-health foes from a distance.
- Resurrecting allies? That’s just epic!
- Akshan’s range is shorter than your average marksman, making early game a tad challenging.
- He struggles against tanky foes and isn’t the best 1v1 duelist.
- Managing cooldowns is crucial, and he relies heavily on abilities.
Best Items for Akshan
Okay, so when it comes to gear, here’s what I recommend:
- Bloodthirster: If you’re on a roll, this can tip the scales in your favor during one-on-ones. Plus, it keeps you going in those epic, extended fights that Akshan excels in.
- Lord Dominik’s Regards: When the enemy starts building armor or has a lot of health, this item is your best friend. But if they’re bursting you down, consider a Guardian Angel for some extra survivability.
- Muramana: In those slow-paced farmfests, grab a Tear of the Goddess early. Muramana plays nicely with Akshan’s kit and boosts your damage. Perfect against champions like Ziggs, Viktor, and Malzahar.
- Guardian Angel: When you’re up against a heavy AD team, don’t think twice—grab a Guardian Angel. It’s your safety net, but remember, you sacrifice some damage for durability.
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade: If you’re going for an on-hit build, this item dishes out extra on-hit damage. It’s a match made in heaven with certain builds and playstyles.
Best Lanes and Roles for Akshan
Playing Akshan in the mid lane can be a rollercoaster ride. At first, it might seem like a tough nut to crack, especially with his unique abilities like the swinging E. But hang in there and put in the practice because the rewards are worth it. Early game, Akshan packs a punch, and his ability to roam and apply pressure across the map is impressive. Surprise your foes with stealth and catch them off guard. Late game, flanking and assassinating carries is where the fun begins. It’s high risk, high reward, so buckle up and learn his kit inside out.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s dive into some matchups:
Top Lane Takedowns: Akshan tends to shine when facing off against champions like Briar and LeBlanc on the top lane. But watch out, because Poppy and Warwick can give him a run for his money. So, be smart about your matchups, and you’ll come out on top.
Middle Lane Mayhem: In the middle lane, Akshan performs admirably against Corki and LeBlanc. However, be cautious when dealing with Anivia and Neeko—those two can be your worst nightmares.
Price of this Champion in 2023
As of 2023, you can pick up Akshan for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. Not too shabby for a champion with style and substance, right?
So, here’s the scoop on Akshan from a fellow gamer’s perspective. He’s a versatile mobile marksman and assassin rolled into one. His damage output is primarily physical, with a dash of magic damage thrown in. What sets him apart is his late-game scaling, making him a beast in the later stages of a match. But, fair warning, his early-game burst isn’t as fearsome, and his item build can be a tad pricey.
His strengths include incredible roaming capabilities with his indefinite stealth, fantastic pick potential, and the power to bring back fallen allies. On the flip side, he’s got one of the shortest attack ranges for a marksman, struggles against tanky opponents, and isn’t the best at one-on-one duels. Plus, he’s pretty reliant on his ability cooldowns.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some nifty tips and intriguing tidbits about Akshan:
- Akshan’s dance moves were inspired by an Indian music video called “Malhari.” So, the next time you bust a move with him, know that you’re grooving to Bollywood vibes.
- His voice is provided by none other than the talented actor Sunil Malhotra. You’re not just playing a champion; you’re hearing a star.
- Akshan is the 22nd champion in League of Legends who doesn’t use Ability Power (AP) in his kit. He’s all about the physical damage.
Best Guide for Akshan 2023
If you’re looking to save time and improve your Akshan game, check out this handy guide for Akshan in the mid-lane: Akshan In-Depth Guide.
Top Akshan Skins
As for skins, Akshan’s got a couple of stylish options:
- Crystal Rose Akshan: Priced at 1350 RP, this skin drops him into the Crystal Rose universe. He’s crashing a fancy feast for a lady’s attention, decked out in a sleek white-themed outfit with unique recall animations and particle effects.
- Cyber Pop Akshan: Also priced at 1350 RP, this skin catapults Akshan into a futuristic world where he battles oppressive tech companies. Expect sleek animations and futuristic effects.
And there’s an honorable mention for Battle Academia Akshan, which exists in Wild Rift and explores his life as a student with special abilities. Keep an eye out for more skins in the future, but for now, these are the cream of the crop.
So there you have it, a comprehensive guide to Akshan, the daring champion who’s all about justice and style. Whether you’re diving into the middle lane or plotting your revenge, Akshan’s got the moves to make it happen. So get out there, summoners, and let’s do some justice!
Who is Akshan, and when was he released?
Akshan is a League of Legends champion known for his charismatic and righteous demeanor. He was released on July 22, 2021.
What are Akshan’s main abilities and strengths?
Akshan has a passive called “Dirty Fighting” that grants bonus damage and a shield. His abilities include “Avengerang,” “Going Rogue,” “Heroic Swing,” and “Comeuppance.” He excels in late-game scaling, roaming, and picking off low-health targets with stealth.
What items are recommended for Akshan, and where is he best played?
Recommended items for Akshan include Bloodthirster, Lord Dominik’s Regards, Muramana, Guardian Angel, and Guinsoo’s Rageblade. He shines in the mid-lane, where he can make the most of his early-game power and roaming potential.
Who are Akshan’s favorable and unfavorable matchups?
Akshan performs well against champions like Briar and LeBlanc in the top lane and Corki and LeBlanc in the mid-lane. However, he struggles against Poppy, Warwick, Anivia, and Neeko.
What are some unique facts and tips about Akshan?
Akshan’s dance was inspired by an Indian music video, “Malhari.” He’s voiced by actor Sunil Malhotra and is one of the few champions in League of Legends who doesn’t rely on Ability Power (AP). Tips include mastering his E ability, using his Q wisely, and focusing on isolating and assassinating enemies rather than teamfighting.