Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the thrilling world of League of Legends to explore the electrifying champion known as Jayce. This artillery class champion, released back in 2012, has captured the hearts of many players with his versatile gameplay. As a gamer myself, I can’t wait to share the ins and outs of playing Jayce and why I’m so excited to review this champ. But first, let’s take a look at what makes Jayce tick and why I’m drawn to his gameplay.
Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow, is more than just a hunky inventor with a fancy hammer. He’s a guardian of Piltover, and his mission is to protect the city’s relentless quest for progress. Armed with a transforming hextech hammer, Jayce uses his brains and brawn to ensure Piltover stays safe. While he’s admired as a hero, Jayce isn’t a fan of the spotlight. Still, his dedication to his hometown is undeniable. His tall, muscular frame, intense blue eyes, and signature leather coat make him a striking figure in Piltover’s bustling streets.
Now, let’s get down to business and break down Jayce’s abilities:
- Passive – Hextech Capacitor: When Jayce switches weapons, he gets a quick burst of movement speed.
- Q – To the Skies! / Shock Blast: In Hammer Stance, he leaps to an enemy, dealing physical damage and slowing foes. In Cannon Stance, he fires an electric orb, causing damage to enemies hit.
- W – Lightning Field / Hyper Charge: In Hammer Stance, it restores mana per strike passively and creates a damaging lightning field when activated. In Cannon Stance, Jayce gains a burst of energy, maxing out his attack speed for a short period.
- E – Thundering Blow / Acceleration Gate: In Hammer Stance, it deals magic damage to an enemy and knocks them back. In Cannon Stance, he deploys an Acceleration Gate, increasing the move speed of allies who pass through it. Firing Shock Blast through the gate enhances its speed, range, and damage.
- R – Mercury Cannon / Mercury Hammer: Jayce’s ultimate transforms his weapon, granting new abilities and increased range. His first attack reduces the target’s Armor and Magic Resist.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s talk about the pros and cons of playing Jayce, and this is just my two cents:
- Jayce is an absolute blast to play, especially once you’ve mastered him.
- He boasts excellent wave clear.
- Punishing those who make mistakes? Yep, that’s Jayce’s specialty.
- His mid-game performance is S++ tier.
- Jayce is a laning snowball monster.
- He can farm safely from a distance even when facing a jungler who loves camping.
- Jayce’s range is quite limited.
- You need some serious skill to unleash Jayce’s full potential.
- Autopiloting with Jayce? Nah, you can’t.
- He’s not the strongest champ in the early game.
- Jayce leans heavily on his team for support.
- Beware of ganks – Jayce can be an easy target.
Best Items for Champion
Now, let’s gear up Jayce for some epic action! Here are the top items I recommend for Jayce:
Manamune: This item is Jayce’s best friend when fully stacked. It solves his mana issues and cranks up the damage on all his abilities.
Serylda’s Grudge: Jayce’s third-item power spike! It provides a juicy 30% armor penetration, making his abilities hit even harder.
Black Cleaver: A popular choice for Jayce, it synergizes beautifully with his kit, offering health, cooldown reduction, and armor penetration. Perfect for shredding through tanky foes.
Edge of Night: If you’re looking for defense, this item is a game-changer. It grants a spell shield and bonus health, making it a solid fourth item.
Youmuu’s Ghostblade: When facing squishy foes, Youmuu’s is your go-to third item. It offers mobility, attack damage, armor penetration, and cooldown reduction – everything Jayce craves.
Guardian Angel: As your fifth item, Guardian Angel provides a safety net, allowing you to go all-in. If you die with it up, your abilities are still on cooldown – a lifesaver!
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
Jayce is an early game lane bully, but he doesn’t scale as well as some other top laners. He doesn’t provide a ton of utility when behind. Personally, I find matchups easier in the mid lane. Trust me; it’s frustrating when you pick Jayce top and get countered hard.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s talk matchups. Jayce excels against champions like Jax and Teemo in the top lane. However, watch out for Rengar and Olaf – they’re Jayce’s worst nightmares.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, you can grab Jayce for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points.
Playing as Jayce is a never-ending thrill, especially when you unleash his immense damage potential. While champions like Ornn and Malphite can be challenging to take down, Jayce’s kit offers plenty of opportunities for outplaying opponents through kiting and skillful execution. Each game with Jayce feels consistent, and you never start from scratch. I strongly recommend giving him a try – you might just have a blast!
However, if Jayce falls behind, making a comeback can be tough. That’s why you need a strategic mindset. Avoid risky plays without knowing where the enemy jungler is, as one death can leave you feeling ineffective. Sometimes, you’ll face challenging situations, especially against champions like Irelia or Yorick. During those moments, playing safe is key to avoid feeding the enemy team.
Best Guide for Jayce in 2023
For those eager to master Jayce in 2023, I’ve found an incredible guide that you should check out right here:Jayce Guide.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk fashion! Jayce has several fantastic skins to choose from:
- Arcane Jayce (Released: November 8th, 2021) – While it improves the base model and adds new animations, it doesn’t fundamentally change the champion.
- Jayce Brighthammer (Released: November 17th, 2016) – This skin gives Jayce a heavy armor and orc-like hammer appearance. It looks fantastic but slightly resembles Garen.
- Debonair Jayce (Released: February 14th, 2013) – Dressed in a tuxedo, Debonair Jayce is stylish but doesn’t offer significant gameplay changes.
- Full Metal Jayce (Released: July 6th, 2012) – This skin transforms Jayce into a robot scientist with well-executed particles and a cool voice filter.
- Forsaken Jayce (Released: May 3rd, 2015) – With dark robes and a robot arm, this skin offers a unique, dark aesthetic.
- Battle Academia Jayce (Released: May 15th, 2019) – This skin enhances Jayce’s appearance and animations, making abilities clearer and dynamic. A top choice!
- Resistance Jayce (Released: November 12th, 2020) – Combining ruggedness and steampunk vibes, this skin tells an intriguing alternate story for Jayce. One of the best choices.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some cool facts about Jayce:
- Jayce was the 100th champion released.
- He’s one of the few champions with a Recall animation.
- Jayce starts the game with an unlocked Ultimate ability.
- He can access all four abilities at Level 1.
- Jayce’s dance references MC Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This.”
- His title, “the Defender of Tomorrow,” pays homage to Superman.
When playing Jayce, remember to abuse your range advantage, poke before committing to fights, and manage your mana wisely. Jayce is a force to be reckoned with, but he requires strategy to reach his full potential.
So there you have it, gamers! Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow, is a high-skill champion with electrifying potential. Whether you’re dominating the top lane or unleashing shockwaves in mid, Jayce is a champ that keeps you on your toes. Give him a whirl, and I promise you won’t be disappointed. Continue reading for more exciting insights and tips.
Who is Jayce in League of Legends, and what are his abilities?
Jayce is a versatile champion known as the Defender of Tomorrow. He wields a transforming hextech hammer and has abilities in both Hammer and Cannon Stances. His abilities include To the Skies!, Shock Blast, Lightning Field, Hyper Charge, Thundering Blow, Acceleration Gate, Mercury Cannon, and Mercury Hammer.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Jayce?
Pros: Jayce excels at wave clear, punishing mistakes, and has a strong mid-game performance. He can also farm safely from a distance and is a laning snowball monster.
Cons: Jayce has limited range, requires skill to master, and is not the strongest champion in the early game. He relies on his team for support and is vulnerable to ganks.
What are the recommended items for Jayce in 2023?
Key items for Jayce include Manamune, Serylda’s Grudge, Black Cleaver, Edge of Night, Youmuu’s Ghostblade, and Guardian Angel. These items enhance his damage, mana management, and survivability.
What are the best lanes and roles for Jayce?
Jayce is typically played in the top or mid lane. He excels as an early game lane bully but doesn’t scale as well as some other champions. Mid lane can be a more favorable matchup for him.
What are the best skins for Jayce, and are there any interesting facts about the champion?
Some notable Jayce skins include Battle Academia Jayce, Resistance Jayce, and Full Metal Jayce. Interesting facts about Jayce include that he was the 100th champion released, has a unique Recall animation, and starts the game with his Ultimate ability unlocked.