Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends to discuss the enigmatic and deadly champion, Kalista. This relentless marksman has been on the Rift since November 20, 2014, and she’s part of the Marksman class, typically played in the Bottom lane. So, why am I reviewing Kalista? Well, she’s an absolute powerhouse, and I can’t wait to share all the ins and outs of this champion with you. Strap in, and let’s get started.
Let’s kick things off with a little backstory. Kalista, the undying specter of wrath and retribution, hails from the ominous Shadow Isles. She’s summoned to pursue deceivers and traitors, but there’s a catch – you’ve got to pay with your soul to get on her good side. In her mortal days, Kalista was quite the justice-seeker. She had a strong sense of fairness and even played a sisterly role in young Viego’s life when he was thrust into kingship. Oh, and Isolde was there to lend a hand too.
Now, it’s time to dive into Kalista’s skills:
- Passive – Martial Poise: Kalista can lunge short distances when she launches a basic attack or her Q, Pierce.
- Q – Pierce: This is a fast-moving spear that pierces through enemies and deals damage.
- W – Sentinel: When Kalista and her Oathsworn target strike the same enemy, they deal bonus damage. You can also send a soul to scout, revealing the path ahead.
- E – Rend: Kalista’s basic attacks impale her target with spears. You can activate this ability to rip out the spears, slowing and dealing escalating damage.
- R – Fate’s Call: Kalista teleports her Oathsworn ally to herself, giving them a dash and knocking back enemy champions.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Let’s break down the pros and cons of playing as Kalista:
- High mobility
- Becomes a powerhouse once mastered
- Excellent at securing objectives like Baron Nashor and Dragon
- Deadly combo potential with her ultimate
- Unbeatable kiting abilities
- A bit rough in the early game
- Relatively squishy
- Vulnerable to gap-closing champions
- Has a steep learning curve
- Only 90% of her AD converts into auto-attack damage
Best Items for Champion
Alright, here’s where the magic happens. Let’s discuss the best items to bring out the best in Kalista:
Doran’s Blade: This one’s handy for those poke matchups where patience and extra health are your friends.
Guinsoo’s Rageblade: My top pick for Kalista. It pumps up her damage and transforms critical strike chance into on-hit magic damage, a perfect fit for this champ.
Blade of the Ruined King: Perfect for shredding tanks and squishy opponents. Pair it with Kraken Slayer and watch the fireworks.
Kraken Slayer: This one’s all about increasing your damage potential in fights and skirmishes.
Runaan’s Hurricane: Excellent for clearing minion waves and dealing bonus damage when enemies clump up.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
Now, let’s talk strategy. Where should you play Kalista?
- ADC with a Pre-Made Aggressive Support: Kalista shines in the bot lane when paired with a support who knows how to coordinate and go aggressive.
- Top Lane: While not her optimal position, it can work if you have a favorable matchup and don’t want to rely on a support in the bot lane.
- Mid Lane: Some brave souls bring Kalista mid, using her mobility and damage output to pressure mages and assassins.
- Solo Lane for Low to Diamond Elo: In the lower to Diamond ranks, Kalista can handle herself well in solo lanes, especially when the quality of support play is hit or miss.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Kalista can be a real game-changer, but it’s essential to know who she excels against and who can give her a hard time. She’s a fantastic choice against Seraphine and Ziggs in the bot lane. However, Vayne and Miss Fortune can be her kryptonite, so steer clear of these matchups.
Price of this Champion in 2023
You can grab Kalista for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points in 2023.
Kalista is undoubtedly one of the best ADCs, especially in duoQ. Her ultimate, Fate’s Call, can create game-changing plays, but it does require smart coordination with your support. It can be a lifesaver for your support and a great initiation tool for teamfights. Plus, she’s one of the best ‘wombo combo’ champs when played as an ADC. Her damage potential with Rend is through the roof.
However, she’s no walk in the park. You heavily rely on your Oathsworn partner for your ultimate, so if they’re not in sync, it can feel pretty useless. Additionally, her jump animations can slow down her attack speed when you’re above 2 AS, so timing is crucial.
Best Guide for Kalista in 2023
For those who want to master Kalista, I highly recommend checking out this in-depth guide:Kalista Guide.
Best Skins for this Champion
If you’re looking to style on the Rift, here are some Kalista skins to consider:
- SKT T1 Kalista: A humanized version of Kalista, but her bright yellow spears make her stand out quite a bit.
- Blood Moon Kalista: As mentioned earlier, this is a fan favorite. It transforms Kalista into a fearsome and ritualistic warrior with a striking red color scheme and eerie animations. The mask removal animation is especially cool, revealing the vengeful spirit within.
- Project: Kalista: Project skins offer a futuristic twist on champions, and Kalista is no exception. She gets a high-tech look, complete with sleek lines and cybernetic particles. If you’re into sci-fi aesthetics, this one’s a must-have.
- Championship Kalista: For those who like their champions to have a touch of prestige, Championship Kalista is a solid choice. With a cool blue theme and intricate detailing, this skin celebrates her competitive side. Plus, it comes with a stylish chroma option to change things up.
- Marauder Kalista: This skin gives Kalista a badass, undead warrior appearance. With polished visuals and a hint of ancient mystique, it’s a great pick if you’re going for a menacing and otherworldly vibe.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are a few more tricks and interesting facts to keep in mind when playing Kalista:
- Team Synergy: Kalista’s ultimate, Fate’s Call, is all about teamwork. Make sure you and your Oathsworn ally are on the same page. Effective coordination can be the key to victory.
- Rend Timing: Timing is everything with Rend. Save it until you’re sure you can secure those extra stacks for maximum damage. Remember, patience is a virtue.
- Scouting with Sentinel: Use your Sentinel (W) to scout for vision in the river. Send it as far as it can go to gather crucial information and avoid ganks.
- Ultimate Engagement: Don’t be afraid to use Fate’s Call for engaging or collapsing on out-of-position enemies. It can turn the tide of a skirmish or teamfight.
So there you have it, folks! Kalista is an exciting champion with a lot of versatility, and with the right knowledge and skills, you can make her a real powerhouse on the Rift. Whether you’re unleashing her wrath against foes or looking your best with her skins, Kalista offers an engaging experience for League of Legends players.
Who is Kalista in League of Legends?
Kalista is a marksman champion from the Shadow Isles known for her pursuit of deceivers and traitors. She can summon a spectral ally and has unique abilities like Martial Poise, Pierce, Sentinel, Rend, and Fate’s Call.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Kalista?
Pros include high mobility, objective control, and combo potential with her ultimate. Cons involve a challenging early game, vulnerability to gap-closing champions, and a steep learning curve.
What are the best items for Kalista in 2023?
Ideal items for Kalista include Doran’s Blade, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Blade of the Ruined King, Kraken Slayer, and Runaan’s Hurricane.
Where is the best lane and role to play Kalista?
Kalista is most effective as an ADC (Attack Damage Carry) in the bot lane, particularly when paired with an aggressive support. She can also be played in the top and mid lanes, especially in lower to Diamond Elo.
What are some important tips and tricks for playing Kalista?
Key tips include effective coordination with your Oathsworn ally for her ultimate, timing Rend for maximum damage, using Sentinel for vision in the river, and not hesitating to use Fate’s Call for engaging in fights.