Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, I’m diving into the dreamy world of Lillia, the champ who dropped on the Rift back in July 2020. Lillia falls under the Slayer class and can rock it in the Jungle, Top, and Middle lanes. So why am I reviewing this champ? Well, because Lillia is cool, unique, and packs a punch, making her a bit of a head-scratcher for many players. By learning the ropes with Lillia, you can stay a step ahead of those who are still puzzled by her moves. Let’s get started!
Lillia, our sweet, shy, fae fawn, takes her curious wanderings through Ionia’s forests to heart. She’s on a mission to figure out why the dreams of mortals can’t reach the ancient Dreaming Tree anymore. Armed with a magical branch, she seeks to discover the unrealized dreams of people, all while nurturing her own growth and helping others find their inner sparkle. She’s a delightful blend of curiosity, clumsiness, and determination.
- Passive – Dream-Laden Bough: Smacking a champ or monster with a skill dishes out some max Health damage over time.
- Q – Blooming Blows: Lillia gets speedier with each spell hit and can whack foes for some magic damage. She also adds some true damage to the edge of the attack.
- W – Watch Out! Eep!: This one causes a ruckus, dealing hefty damage to a crowd of enemies, with the center taking the worst of it.
- E – Swirlseed: Lillia tosses a seed that deals damage and slows anything it lands on, but it doesn’t stop until it meets a wall or target.
- R – Lilting Lullaby: Lillia’s lullaby is the stuff of dreams. She makes enemies with Dream Dust on them all sleepy, and they even take extra damage when rudely awakened.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- Lillia brings the damage, and she’s nimble as heck, thanks to her passive.
- She’s a pro at starting and stopping team fights.
- If the situation demands it, she can go tanky.
- She’s a speed demon in the jungle, making her a great counter-jungler and ganker.
- That global sleep from her E and R combo? It’s a game-changer!
- Before level 6, Lillia lacks hard crowd control.
- Her sleep takes a moment to kick in, letting enemies potentially escape.
- If you go full AP, she’s as squishy as a marshmallow.
- She’s a short-range champ, which means bullies like Darius can give her a hard time.
- When it comes to tanking, she’s a no-go – you’ll need a tanky teammate to step in.
- As a relatively new champ, she can be tricky to master with no set playstyle, lane, or build to follow.
Best Items for Champion
Alright, let’s dive into the gear that’ll make Lillia an absolute beast on the Rift:
Liandry’s Anguish: Start with this bad boy. It’s a perfect fit for Lillia, and it synergizes like a dream with her passive. Whether you’re facing tanks or squishies, this item dishes out the pain and even amps up your ability haste for quick skills and high DPS.
Dark Seal: While building your mythic, grab a Dark Seal early if you’re in a good spot to do so. I usually pair it with an amplifying tome on my first base. Don’t forget to snag Boots while building your mythic for that extra speed!
Sorcerer’s Shoes: Get your boots before your mythic. In a predator meta, as an AP jungler, you want to zip around the map quickly. Sorcerer’s Shoes are your go-to, especially for the magic penetration they provide.
Demonic Embrace: This item is in sync with Lillia’s passive and Liandry’s Anguish. It doesn’t scale with AP, but it deals max %HP-based damage, boosting your DPS significantly based on your targets’ HP.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
While Lillia primarily rocks the jungle, she can also take on the role of a lane bully in the Top lane. Her speed and agility make her a nightmare for slow Top laners who can’t keep up. She’s especially effective against tanks, thanks to her poking abilities and passive.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
So, let’s talk about some champ matchups for Lillia. She thrives against champions like Jax and Shyvana, often dominating the lane. On the flip side, she’s not too fond of facing off against Fiddlesticks and Kindred, who can give her a tough time. It’s best to avoid these matchups.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, you can add Lillia to your champion roster for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. It’s not too heavy on your wallet, making her accessible for gamers looking for some dreamy action.
Alright, let’s get down to my honest take on Lillia. She’s an exceptional champion with a unique playstyle revolving around her speed and movement. Her global range initiation combo using her E and R can turn the tide of a game in your favor, and her efficient counter-jungling can keep your team ahead.
However, Lillia isn’t without her weaknesses. You’ll need some time to get used to her sleep mechanics and perfect the timing after a good number of games. She’s vulnerable to assassins and bruisers like Darius or Kha’Zix who can one-shot her when she gets too close. Plus, if you opt for a full AP build, she’s as fragile as they come. For effective team fighting, she’ll need a tank to back her up. As a relatively new champion, she comes without a pre-set playstyle, lane, or build, making her a bit challenging to learn.
Best Guide for Lillia in 2023
If you’re looking for a fantastic guide to master Lillia in 2023, I’ve got just the thing for you. Check out this guide for expert tips and strategies that will elevate your Lillia game.
Best Skins for this Champion
Lillia doesn’t just bring versatility in her playstyle; she also offers some stylish skins. Here are a couple of my favorites:
Spirit Blossom Lillia: Released in the Spirit Blossom Universe, this skin brings a clean and melodious theme to Lillia. The smooth particles are a sight to behold, although the Dream-Laden Bough effect looks a tad rough. The skin features a sweet recall animation where Lillia stands at the entrance of her sacred grove.
Nightbringer Lillia: This darker, more sinister take on Lillia was released in September 2021. It oozes power and terror, with shorter, impactful sound effects for her abilities. The skin’s recall animation is top-notch, and Lillia rocks a more imposing look.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Lillia comes with some nifty tricks and interesting tidbits you might find fascinating:
- Lillia has different animations, voice lines, and blooms depending on how many stacks of Blooming Blows she’s racked up.
- Her name and title likely play on the Latin word “lilia,” which means “lily” in English.
- You might remember that Lillia was teased in-game with the Lillia’s Haiku token loot item back in July 2020. It was a little token of what was to come.
And there you have it, folks! Lillia, the dreamy champion with a unique twist. She might take some getting used to, but once you master her, you’ll be dancing through the Rift like nobody’s business. Happy gaming!
Who is Lillia in League of Legends?
Lillia is a champion in League of Legends known for her dreamy and unique playstyle. She is a fae fawn with a mission to uncover the dreams of mortals while nurturing her own growth.
What are Lillia’s champion abilities and roles?
Lillia’s abilities include Dream-Laden Bough, Blooming Blows, Watch Out! Eep!, Swirlseed, and Lilting Lullaby. She can be played in the Jungle, Top, and Middle lanes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Lillia?
Lillia has advantages like high damage, agility, and the ability to start and stop team fights. However, she lacks hard crowd control early, can be squishy with a full AP build, and is vulnerable to short-range champions.
What are the best items and lanes for Lillia in 2023?
Recommended items for Lillia include Liandry’s Anguish, Dark Seal, Sorcerer’s Shoes, and Demonic Embrace. She excels in the Jungle but can also be a strong Top lane bully, particularly against tanky champions.
What are some champion picks and counter picks for Lillia in League of Legends?
Lillia performs well against champions like Jax and Shyvana but struggles against Fiddlesticks and Kindred. Understanding these matchups can help you succeed with Lillia.