Samira burst onto the League of Legends scene on September 21, 2020. As a Marksman class champion, she specializes in the Bottom lane, bringing a unique and high-octane playstyle to the game.
Why did I choose to review this champion, you ask? Well, it’s simple – Samira is just plain cool. She’s the kind of champion who thrives on diving headfirst into teamfights, seeking thrill and adrenaline in every encounter. If you’re a fan of daring maneuvers and flashy moves, Samira is the champion for you. Let’s dive deeper into her world and see what makes her tick.
Samira stares death in the eye with unyielding confidence, seeking thrill wherever she goes. After her Shuriman home was destroyed as a child, Samira found her true calling in Noxus, where she built a reputation as a stylish daredevil taking on dangerous missions of the highest caliber. Wielding black-powder pistols and a custom-engineered blade, Samira thrives in life-or-death circumstances, eliminating any who stand in her way with flash and flair.
Samira is quite a stubborn and impulsive woman, determined to show that she is not afraid of danger, enjoying the adrenaline rush that it caused her, despite everything she cared a lot about her parents wishing they were safe.
- Passive – Daredevil Impulse: Samira builds a combo by hitting attacks or abilities unique from the previous hit. Samira’s attacks in melee range deal additional magic damage. Samira’s attacks against enemies affected by immobilizing effects will dash her to her attack range. If the enemy is knocked up, she also keeps them knocked up briefly.
- Q – Flair: Samira fires a shot or swings her sword, dealing damage. If cast during Wild Rush, strike all enemies in her path upon completion.
- W – Blade Whirl: Samira slashes around her, damaging enemies and destroying enemy missiles.
- E – Wild Rush: Samira dashes through an enemy (including structures), slashing enemies she passes through and gaining Attack Speed. Killing an enemy champion refreshes this ability’s cooldown.
- R – Inferno Trigger: Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, wildly shooting all enemies surrounding her.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- High Snowball Potential
- Strong Team Fighting Ability
- High Skill Ceiling
- Extremely Fun & Rewarding
- Useless When Behind
- Easily Countered by Hard CC
- Extremely Hard to Master
- Requires Quick Thinking
- Tends to be Feast or Famine
Best Items for Champion
Infinity Edge: With the changes to Mythics and Legendaries, Immortal Shieldbow is no longer a Mythic, which hurts a lot of our early game survivability. In exchange, we now get Infinity Edge as our Mythic again! While it has a REALLY bad build path, it’s a high damage item that we can consistently grab second now in most games. It’s mostly a stat stick that gives you some insane damage scaling. Useless if you get outranged though (see Galeforce).
Galeforce: This item provides Samira with the extra early game damage and mid-game mobility that she needs to keep up with champs like Jinx or Jhin. The big issue is that you can’t build this AND Infinity Edge. However, if you go Galeforce, you should grab The Collector so you can snowball the game even harder! The main goal of this item for Samira is to look for kills, snowball, and end before the lack of IE catches up to you (usually around 3.5 items)!
Duskblade: This item provides great invulnerability. I used to prefer Youmuu’s Ghostblade but after its nerfs, it’s a very rare buy anymore. Duskblade of Draktharr is a great choice if you’re looking to shred through squishies while also dodging CC. Duskblade’s “bug fix” has made it a very situational item rather than a core item. Since it no longer grants invulnerability DURING R, you have to use it to either escape a fight or start one and use the invulnerability to reposition properly. It’s a bit of a different playstyle but overall Duskblade still makes Samira a powerful champion if the circumstances are right. If you’re not a fan of super aggro Samira that needs great positioning, go for the IE build instead!
Refillable Potion: It unfortunately got nerfed but overall, Refillable is there to give you bonus sustain and trade potential. If you feel like you’re kind of struggling in lane or that you really like to take trades, buy this. Don’t fall for the trap of buying 15 Health Potions every game!
Vampiric Scepter: With Immortal Shieldbow being a Legendary item now, you can sit on this in bad lanes and either commit to the item first or go straight into your other first item options like Collector. Regardless, it’s a great item at providing early sustain especially if you have a Refillable Potion as well!
B.F. Sword: Sadly, we’re back to the meta where B.F. Sword is back to being a strong first item (we’ll miss you Noonquiver!). This is your first item if you’re looking to grab Galeforce. It’s hard to save up for this at times, but it’ll deal the most damage out of any other first item!
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
Samira is most effective when played on the bot lane. She is a unique, short-range marksman who excels at high-octane carry moments.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now I’m going to tell you a little bit about the champion’s stats. Samira excels in the bot lane against Aphelios and Kai’Sa. On the other hand, Seraphine and Ziggs are her worst nightmare, so it’s best not to play against them.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, Samira’s price in the in-game store is 3150 Blue Essence (BE) or 790 Riot Points (RP).
As an ADC, Samira is an extremely aggressive pick. Her powerful early game makes her a strong champion that can gain a lead as soon as possible. Once she begins to snowball, she can start destroying teams with her ultimate, Inferno Trigger. While it may take some practice, she can use her quick combos to instantly burst down enemies before they get the chance to react. Plus, with her W, Blade Whirl, she can block vital skill shots for her allies. This makes her a wonderful counter to things like Seraphine’s Encore or Ornn’s Call of the Forge God.
Unfortunately, with how powerful she can be early on, Samira can struggle without a lead. If she falls behind, it becomes incredibly hard to catch up and deal damage. You heavily rely on AD scalings and crit to deal damage, so things like Flair and Inferno Trigger will do little to no damage without items. You’re also extremely combo reliant, and if the enemy has someone like Leona, Sett, Pantheon, or anyone else with short-cooldown CC, the game becomes REALLY hard to play. It’s not impossible, but it’s definitely difficult. With the reset mechanic on her E, Wild Rush, you need to think fast at all times and watch the entire fight. Failure to do so will have you caught out before you act with your resets.
Best Guide for Samira in 2023
For the best guide on playing Samira in 2023, I highly recommend checking out this guide. It’s a comprehensive resource that can help you master this high-energy champion.
Best Skins for this Champion
- Space Groove Samira: This epic skin offers captivating splash art, accurate in-game model details, skill enhancements, unique sound effects, particles, and a new recall animation featuring Samira with transforming space creatures. Players can also purchase the Chroma Bundle to customize the skin’s colors. Obtain it through skin shards, rerolling three skin shards, or by purchasing it for 1350 Riot Points.
- High Noon Samira: As a recent epic skin, High Noon Samira features stunning splash art, updated sound effects, skill improvements, distinct particles, and a unique recall animation. It’s a perfect fit for Samira in the High Noon skin line. The skin’s color can be customized with the Chroma Bundle. Acquire it through skin shards, rerolling three skin shards, or by buying it for 1350 Riot Points.
- PsyOps Samira: Released alongside Samira in September 2020, this epic tier skin offers a well-executed splash art, updated skills, unique sound effects, enhanced particles, and a variety of colors when using her ultimate ability. Players can opt for the Chroma Bundle to change the skin’s color. Obtain it through skin shards, rerolling three skin shards, or by purchasing it for 1350 Riot Points.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
- Samira’s name could come from either Sanskrit “Samīra” which means “wind, breeze, air,” or Arabic “Sāmira” which translates to “night-companion” or “nighttalker,” derived from the feminine active participle of “samara” meaning “to spend the night.”
- Samira’s movement animations change depending on whether her recent attack used the gun or blade.
- The blocking animation of Blade Whirl has Samira explicitly shoot every single incoming projectile.
- Samira was teased in-game with the Style-Rank S Emote Style: Rank S loot item earnable in patch V10.17. It was awarded by scoring a takedown after fighting in a manner like Daredevil Impulse.
- To maximize Samira’s style points, try to use unique attacks by using different abilities often. Keep as many style points as possible.
- In team fights, avoid going in unless you have at least an A or something close to it. You will gain max stacks if you use your Wild Rush (E) to close the gap and then activate your Ultimate (R) in the fight.
- You can use your Wild Rush (E) to dash to enemy champions. This can help you reposition in a fight.
There you have it, a comprehensive guide to Samira, the high-octane ADC who thrives on thrill and action. Whether you’re diving into teamfights or taking down enemies with style, Samira brings excitement to the game. So, get out there and unleash her daring spirit on the Rift!
Who is Samira, and what role does she play in League of Legends?
Samira is a Marksman champion in League of Legends who primarily plays in the Bottom lane. She’s known for her aggressive playstyle and high-octane carry potential.
What are Samira’s abilities and strengths as a champion?
Samira’s abilities include Daredevil Impulse (passive), Flair (Q), Blade Whirl (W), Wild Rush (E), and Inferno Trigger (R). She excels at high snowball potential and strong team fighting but requires quick thinking and is easily countered by hard crowd control.
What are the best items to build on Samira in 2023?
Recommended items for Samira include Infinity Edge, Galeforce, Duskblade, Refillable Potion, Vampiric Scepter, and B.F. Sword, depending on your playstyle and the situation.
What are Samira’s best lanes and matchups in the game?
Samira is most effective when played in the bot lane. She performs well against champions like Aphelios and Kai’Sa but struggles against Seraphine and Ziggs.
How much does Samira cost in the in-game store in 2023, and what are some of her best skins?
In 2023, Samira costs 3150 Blue Essence (BE) or 790 Riot Points (RP) in the in-game store. Some of her best skins include Space Groove Samira, High Noon Samira, and PsyOps Samira, each offering unique features and visual enhancements.