Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, I’m diving into the explosive world of Ziggs, the bomb-tossing yordle. This champion, released back on February 1, 2012, falls under the mage class and can be found wreaking havoc in the middle and bottom lanes of League of Legends. But why am I so excited to review this champion? Well, it’s simple – I’ve got a soft spot for the “artillery” style of play, similar to the way AP Kog’Maw operates. So, let’s light the fuse on this Ziggs adventure!
Ziggs isn’t your typical yordle. He’s all about big bombs and short fuses, and he’s not afraid to let things explode in spectacular fashion. Originally, he was an inventor’s assistant in Piltover, leading a rather predictable life. That is, until he crossed paths with the mad bomber Jinx. After a wild night on the town, Ziggs decided to take Jinx’s advice and headed to Zaun. Now, he’s living life on the edge, pursuing his explosive passions and causing chaos wherever he goes. But don’t let that mischievous grin fool you; Ziggs has a heart. He won’t let harm come to innocent children, and he doesn’t intend to kill anyone on purpose. It’s all about the art of the explosion for him!
Let’s dive into the nuts and bolts of Ziggs’ explosive arsenal:
Passive – Short Fuse: Ziggs’ basic attacks periodically deal bonus magic damage, and this cooldown is reduced whenever he uses an ability.
Q – Bouncing Bomb: Ziggs tosses a bouncing bomb that deals magical damage.
W – Satchel Charge: Ziggs lobs an explosive charge that detonates after 4 seconds or when activated again. It deals magical damage to enemies and knocks them away. Ziggs gets knocked back too, but he takes no damage. Oh, and you can use the Satchel to make enemy turrets explode. Fun, right?
E – Hexplosive Minefield: Ziggs scatters proximity mines that go boom on enemy contact, dealing magic damage and slowing them down. If the same target triggers multiple mines, the damage is reduced.
R – Mega Inferno Bomb: Ziggs unleashes his ultimate creation, the Mega Inferno Bomb, launching it a huge distance. Enemies close to the blast zone take more damage than those farther away.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ziggs
Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. What are the pros and cons of playing Ziggs?
- Long-range abilities make Ziggs a formidable poke champion.
- He’s a strong damage dealer who can strategically zone out opponents.
- Ziggs is unique among artillery champions because he has an escape mechanism.
- Landing skillshots can be tricky, making his damage somewhat unreliable.
- He struggles against teams with hard-engage compositions.
- Don’t count on him for melting tanky foes.
Best Items for Ziggs
Now, let’s talk items that will make Ziggs a force to be reckoned with on the Rift:
Corrupting Potion: My go-to starting item for Ziggs. It provides solid sustain throughout the game while boosting your trading damage in lane.
Dark Seal: Grab this early. It lets you stack a ton of ability power for a mere 350 gold, especially if you position yourself wisely in fights.
Tear of the Goddess: An essential early pick for mana sustain. With your mythic item and Archangel’s Staff, it swiftly transforms into Seraph’s Embrace.
Sorcerer’s Shoes: These boots are a must-have. Magic penetration is a valuable stat that you shouldn’t ignore in favor of extra armor, MR, or CDR.
Luden’s Tempest: An excellent first item, providing the offensive power and mana sustain you need. Its special effect boosts your poke and siege potential. There’s no need to swap this for Archangel’s Staff; that’s overkill in the mana department.
Best Lanes and Roles for Ziggs
So, where does Ziggs excel, and where should you unleash his explosive power?
Bottom Lane ADC: Ziggs is an absolute blast (pun intended) in the bottom lane as an ADC. He tends to win most matchups when played skillfully. Watch out for duos like Xayah and Rakan or any hook-heavy lanes—they could spell trouble. With smart mana management and a support who can peel or sustain, you’ll be unstoppable.
Top Lane: Personally, I’d steer clear of playing Ziggs in the top lane. Once your opponents start building magic resist, which is pretty standard for most champs, Ziggs loses his punch. You’ll end up farming and building Magic Penetration items to regain your damage, but during that transition, you’ll lose your bullying potential, and your opponents might start to outscale you. Start mid, get the hang of Ziggs, and then venture into other lanes.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Time to take a look at Ziggs’ matchups and who he excels against or struggles with. Keep in mind, this is just my take on it:
Winning Bot Lane Against: Ziggs tends to dominate bot lane against champions like Nilah and Draven. They just can’t handle his explosive arsenal.
Nightmares Against: On the flip side, Seraphine and Swain give Ziggs a hard time. Playing against them is best avoided, trust me.
Price of Ziggs in 2023
Ziggs can be yours for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. That’s the cost of adding this explosive yordle to your champion roster in 2023.
Alright, here’s the scoop on Ziggs from my personal experience. If you can consistently land those skillshots, you’ll be a damage-dealing dynamo in any fight. Ziggs offers an escape mechanism that can double as a brief stun or knockup to keep opponents at bay. What really sets him apart, though, is his ability to control objectives like Dragon or Baron Nashor. You can zone out your foes in tight spots, using Hexplosive Minefield or dropping a Mega Inferno Bomb to punish them for getting too close. It’s all about positioning and map control with this champ.
Best Guide for Ziggs in 2023
Looking for an in-depth guide to mastering Ziggs in 2023? Look no further! Check out this comprehensive guide I found: Best Ziggs Comprehensive Guide. It’s chock-full of tips and strategies to make you a Ziggs master.
Best Skins for Ziggs
Now, let’s talk fashion! Here are some of the best skins to style your Ziggs with:
- Major Ziggs: This war general theme is simple but suits Ziggs well.
- Mad Scientist Ziggs: Embrace your inner mad scientist with this skin, complete with unique ability changes (except for his W).
- Hextech Ziggs: While a bit pricey, this skin offers a sleek character model and unique animations.
- Snow Day Ziggs: It’s a great value skin with a winter theme, though the constant snow sound can be a tad annoying.
- Battle Boss Ziggs: Dive into the arcade theme with 8-bit animations, even though it doesn’t quite capture the “boss” vibe.
- Pool Party Ziggs: A classic skin with water balloon abilities and a ducky float for his W. It’s a poolside party!
- BZZZiggs: Enjoy a bee-themed skin with creative ability designs and a humorous character model.
- Odyssey Ziggs: Embrace the futuristic sci-fi look with impressive ability animations, especially for the W.
- Sugar Rush Ziggs: Goofy and sweet-themed skin with amusing character model and animations. It’s a sugar rush of fun.
- Master Arcanist Ziggs: This skin fits Ziggs thematically as a wizard, complete with relevant item references. It’s pure magical mayhem!
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before I wrap this up, here are some neat tricks and facts about Ziggs that you might find intriguing:
- Ziggs is the first champion to have all abilities (except innates) of the same type: ground-targeted area of effect.
- He’s one of the few champions that can apply crowd control on themselves, just like Caitlyn, Lissandra, Rumble, Sion, Varus, Vi, and Xerath.
- Ziggs’ dance is a nod to ‘Midget Superstar.’
- His full name is Zigmund, and it means “victory” and “protection.”
- Ziggs and Nautilus were originally conceived as ‘Ivan the Mad Bomber.’
- You can use Ziggs’ abilities to zone and control objectives effectively, like Dragon and Baron Nashor.
So there you have it, summoners! Ziggs is a blast to play, pun intended, and if you love explosions and artillery-style champions, he might just become your new favorite. Whether you’re raining down bombs from a distance or blowing up turrets with Satchel Charge, Ziggs brings the boom to the Rift like no other. So get out there, toss some bombs, and have a blast!
What are Ziggs’ main abilities in League of Legends?
Ziggs has four main abilities: Passive – Short Fuse (bonus magic damage), Q – Bouncing Bomb (tosses a bomb for damage), W – Satchel Charge (knocks enemies away), E – Hexplosive Minefield (scatters mines for damage and slow), and R – Mega Inferno Bomb (ultimate long-range explosion).
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Ziggs?
Pros include long-range poke, zoning abilities, and an escape mechanism. Cons include the difficulty of landing skillshots and struggles against hard-engage teams.
What are the recommended items for Ziggs in League of Legends?
Recommended items for Ziggs include Corrupting Potion, Dark Seal, Tear of the Goddess, Sorcerer’s Shoes, and Luden’s Tempest for strong damage and mana sustain.
Where is the best lane and role to play Ziggs?
Ziggs excels as a bottom lane ADC but should be avoided in the top lane due to scaling issues. Starting mid is recommended for new players.
What are some interesting facts about Ziggs in League of Legends?
Ziggs has unique facts like being the first champion with all ground-targeted area-of-effect abilities, applying crowd control on himself, and his full name meaning “victory” and “protection.” He’s also known for effective objective control with his abilities.