Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, I’m diving into the world of League of Legends to explore a champion that’s been making waves since its release back in 2012. Say hello to Kha’Zix, the adaptable assassin that hails from the void. In this article, we’ll break down everything you need to know about Kha’Zix, from his lore to his champion abilities, and I’ll even throw in my two cents on the best ways to play this cool, bug-like champion. So, why am I so excited to review this champion? Well, Kha’Zix is not your typical run-of-the-mill assassin; he’s a beastly bug with the power to evolve and adapt, making him a lethal threat in the right hands.
Kha’Zix’s story is one of evolution and survival, set in the ever-expanding Void. This nightmarish creature began as a mindless, bloodthirsty beast, but over time, it evolved not only physically but also mentally. Now, Kha’Zix is a cunning and intelligent predator, capable of planning out its hunts and terrorizing its prey in ways that go beyond the physical.
When he was first created, Kha’Zix knew only one thing: to kill and consume. But his unique ability to evolve allowed him to develop sentience, intelligence, and even a dark sense of humor. He seeks out “worthy prey,” constantly aiming to grow stronger and take down those he deems his equals. One of his most notable rivalries is with Rengar, the Pridestalker, and their epic battles have left Kha’Zix hungry for more.
Now, let’s break down Kha’Zix’s abilities:
- Passive – Unseen Threat: When Kha’Zix is unseen by the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat, which lets his next basic attack deal bonus magic damage and slow his target.
- Q – Taste Their Fear: This ability deals physical damage, with increased damage against isolated targets. If evolved, it refunds a portion of its cooldown against isolated targets, and Kha’Zix gains increased basic attack range.
- W – Void Spike: Kha’Zix fires exploding spikes that deal physical damage to enemies hit. Evolving this ability turns Void Spike into a cone attack, slows enemies, and reveals them for a short duration.
- E – Leap: Kha’Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage upon landing. Evolution increases the range and resets the cooldown on champion kill or assist.
- R – Void Assault: This ultimate ability allows Kha’Zix to evolve one of his abilities at each rank. When activated, he becomes invisible, gains increased movement speed, and triggers Unseen Threat.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Let’s talk pros and cons:
- Kha’Zix dishes out a ton of damage.
- His E and R abilities make him highly mobile, allowing for repositioning in fights.
- He’s a cleanup artist, capable of taking down multiple targets in a single skirmish.
- You can build him as either an assassin or bruiser.
- Plus, he’s from the void – how cool is that?
- His evolved W, Void Spike, dishes out a massive slow that can really swing fights in your favor.
- Until you evolve his W, Kha’Zix has limited crowd control (CC).
- He often relies on his laners to set up ganks.
- Kha’Zix shines when he can isolate and assassinate targets, making him vulnerable in teamfights.
- As an assassin, he’s on the squishy side.
- Most of his damage is burst-oriented, so don’t expect sustained DPS.
- He’s not the best jungler when it comes to teamfights.
Best Items for Champion
Now, the fun part – what should you be building on Kha’Zix in 2023? Well, it depends on your playstyle and what you want to achieve with this adaptable assassin. Here are some options:
Duskblade of Draktharr: This item is all about securing kills in teamfights. It makes you untargetable on kill, allowing Kha’Zix to pick off enemies while avoiding those pesky abilities. Plus, the ability haste mythic passive makes it reliable and powerful, especially if you’re ahead.
Youmuu’s Ghostblade: Need to zoom across the map and stay one step ahead of your enemies? Youmuu’s is your go-to item for that. It provides a significant speed boost, which can lead to more gank and kill opportunities.
Eclipse: If you’re focused on dueling, Eclipse is your pick. With armor penetration, max health damage, omnivamp, a shield, and bonus movement speed, this item is tailor-made for taking on beefy bruisers and fighters.
Goredrinker: When you need to survive against tough team compositions, Goredrinker has your back. It transitions Kha’Zix into a bruiser style, making him tankier for reliable engagements and survival in fights. Just remember, this is not the choice for pure assassin builds.
Best Lanes and Roles for Kha’Zix
In my experience, Kha’Zix can be a strong jungler, but he might not be the best pick for every situation. While he used to be my main jungler at one point, I’ve found that he lacks early game initiative and might not be the best at helping lanes in the early game. However, he excels in certain aspects.
He’s particularly good at securing objectives and stealing camps, making him a threat to the enemy jungle. If you find yourself playing Kha’Zix, remember that he’s not the best choice when facing teams with a lot of area-of-effect (AOE) abilities and crowd control (CC). In my opinion, early game junglers might be a better choice if your goal is to help your lanes get a lead.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Let’s dive into who Kha’Zix excels against and who he might want to steer clear of. Based on my experience, here’s a quick breakdown:
Kha’Zix Wins Jungle Against:
Kha’Zix Struggles Against:
So, if you’re up against Bel’Veth or Talon, you might have an easier time in the jungle. However, watch out for Fiddlesticks and Maokai, as they can make your life as Kha’Zix a real challenge. It’s often best to avoid facing them if you can.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Kha’Zix is priced at 4800 Blue Essence (BE) or 880 Riot Points (RP) in the League of Legends store in 2023.
In my gaming journey with Kha’Zix, I’ve found him to be a remarkably versatile champion. One of the standout features is his ability to be built in multiple ways, either as an Assassin or a Bruiser. These two playstyles offer completely different experiences, yet both can dish out substantial damage while maintaining impressive mobility. And let’s be honest, Kha’Zix is just leagues ahead of Rengar, right?
However, Kha’Zix isn’t without his flaws. Ganking can be a bit tricky if your laners lack proper crowd control or the enemy has champions with substantial dashes. He heavily relies on the isolation mechanic to one-shot squishy targets with his Q. If the enemy plays smart and sticks together, it can be challenging to efficiently pick them off.
Best Guide for Kha’Zix in 2023
For all the aspiring Kha’Zix enthusiasts out there, I’ve got a cool guide to share with you. This guide covers both Assassin and Bruiser playstyles, so you can choose the one that suits your preferences. Check it out here:Kha’Zix Guide 2023.
Best Skins for Kha’Zix
When it comes to Kha’Zix skins, there are several options to choose from. Here are some of the best ones:
- Mecha Kha’Zix: While it’s a bit aged and lacks some polish, Mecha Kha’Zix still offers a satisfying gaming experience. It has a great isolation indicator and cool sound effects.
- Guardian of the Sands Kha’Zix: Thematically fitting, this skin has minor drawbacks like less impactful sound effects and a somewhat underwhelming isolation circle. Evolving R changes the base model a bit, but it’s still a decent choice.
- Championship Kha’Zix: If you’re an esports fan, this skin is a solid pick with a World Championship theme. The character model is good, and the basic abilities feature a blue-yellow color scheme with a red-evolved ult.
- Odyssey Kha’Zix: With a modern, neon-themed look, this skin is a fresh take on Mecha Kha’Zix. The character model and animations are cool, though there might be some ambiguity in the theme. Nevertheless, the animations and particles are well-executed.
- Dark Star Kha’Zix: If you’re after a cosmic, powerful vibe, this skin delivers with its impressive ult animation. It embraces a dark aesthetic, but some may find it a tad flashy for an assassin.
- Death Blossom Kha’Zix: Staying true to Kha’Zix’s champion fantasy, this skin is affordable and boasts beautiful designs and animations. The evolutions feel natural, and the W design is stunning.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Lastly, here are some cool tricks and interesting facts about Kha’Zix:
- Kha’Zix’s production name was ‘Teek’.
- He’s completely unrelated to the canceled champion, Omen.
- When concealing himself with Void Assault, Kha’Zix runs in a different manner than usual.
- Upon acquiring Evolved Wings, Kha’Zix can fly briefly while moving, much like Pulsefire Ezreal and Monarch Kog’Maw.
- The Hunt is On! event between Kha’Zix and Rengar references Alien vs. Predator.
- Isolation, a key mechanic for Kha’Zix, is inspired by the movie Alien.
- Kha’Zix’s appearance is reminiscent of real-life mantises and Metroid’s Space Pirates, complete with hardened outer wings.
That’s it for our deep dive into Kha’Zix, the Void’s deadly predator. Whether you prefer evolving into an Assassin or embracing a Bruiser style, this champion offers a versatile and thrilling gaming experience. Just remember to isolate your targets, outsmart your opponents, and evolve wisely.
Who is Kha’Zix in League of Legends?
Kha’Zix is an adaptable assassin champion hailing from the Void, known for his unique evolution mechanic and deadly abilities.
What are Kha’Zix’s key abilities and strengths?
Kha’Zix’s abilities include Unseen Threat, Taste Their Fear, Void Spike, Leap, and Void Assault. He excels in dealing burst damage, mobility, and isolating and assassinating targets.
What are the pros and cons of playing Kha’Zix?
Pros include high damage output, mobility, and the ability to evolve into different playstyles. Cons include vulnerability in teamfights, reliance on isolation, and limited crowd control.
What are the best items and roles for Kha’Zix in 2023?
Recommended items include Duskblade of Draktharr, Youmuu’s Ghostblade, Eclipse, and Goredrinker. Kha’Zix can be played in the jungle role, but he may struggle in certain matchups.
Which champions does Kha’Zix excel against and struggle against?
Kha’Zix tends to do well against champions like Bel’Veth and Talon but may struggle against Fiddlesticks and Maokai. Proper champion selection is crucial for his success.