Welcome, fellow summoners, to the realm of Renekton, the Scourge of the Desert! In this article, we’ll dive into the world of Renekton, exploring his lore, champion abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, the best items to equip him with, and even some tips and tricks to master this brutal champion. So, why am I eager to review this champion? Well, because Renekton is not just a champ; he’s a powerhouse, an unleashed fury, and a legend on the Rift. I’m here to guide you through the sands and show you how to become the top-lane terror you’ve always wanted to be.
Renekton is no ordinary warrior; he’s a rage-fueled Ascended, hailing from the scorching deserts of Shurima. Once, he was the mightiest champion of an empire, leading its armies to countless victories. But the fall of the empire left him entombed beneath the shifting sands, slowly driving him to madness. Now, he’s free, and his only goal is to find and end his brother Nasus, whom he blames for his centuries of torment. Even in his noble days, Renekton had a penchant for violence, thanks to his hot-headed and unpredictable nature. His cruelty on the battlefield was legendary, but beneath it all, he cared deeply for his brother Nasus. Unfortunately, his vulnerability to Xerath’s influence during their imprisonment twisted his once-heroic persona into a maddened beast.
- Passive – Reign of Anger: Renekton’s attacks generate Fury, increasing when he’s low on life, which empowers his abilities with bonus effects.
- Q – Cull the Meek: A swinging blade that deals physical damage to nearby targets and provides a small heal, with increased damage and healing if Renekton has over 50 Fury.
- W – Ruthless Predator: Renekton slashes his target, dealing damage and stunning them, with an extended stun and shield-breaking effect if he has more than 50 Fury.
- E – Slice and Dice: Renekton dashes and deals damage along the way, with bonus damage and armor reduction when empowered.
- R – Dominus: Renekton transforms into the Tyrant form, gaining bonus Health and dealing damage to nearby enemies, with Fury generation while active.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- High base damage
- Great sustain in his kit
- High burst damage and strong extended trades
- A game-changing ultimate
- Excellent lane stickiness with his double E dash
- Shield-breaking mechanic on his empowered W
- Matches well against most meta top-laners
- Strong scaling potential
- Vulnerable to kiting in team fights
- Predictable kit, making it easier for enemies
- Quick death if he can’t reach his target in team fights
- High cooldowns during laning phase
- Reliant on enemy mistakes
- Falls off if he doesn’t snowball early
Best Items for Renekton
Goredrinker: Goredrinker is the mythic of choice for Renekton, providing essential base stats like Attack Damage, Ability Haste, and Health, along with bonus AD and healing based on missing health.
Eclipse: An option against squishy compositions, Eclipse offers Attack Damage, Omnivamp, and Lethality. Its mythic passive provides bonus armor penetration per legendary item.
Ravenous Hydra: This item complements Renekton’s kit perfectly with high base stats and bonus wave clear. It also provides some much-needed sustain.
Black Cleaver: Offering Health, Attack Damage, and Ability Haste, Black Cleaver’s passive armor penetration is essential for Renekton.
Serylda’s Grudge: This item boasts Attack Damage, Ability Haste, and flat armor penetration, along with a slow effect on abilities.
Best Lanes and Roles for Renekton
Renekton is the embodiment of a top-lane warrior. His mobility, tankiness, and crowd control make him a force to be reckoned with in the Baron lane. With high damage and sustain, he thrives in the early game, dominating his foes with relentless fury.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Renekton excels against champions like Yasuo and Riven, consistently winning his lane. However, Vayne and Nasus are his greatest adversaries, making those matchups less than ideal.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, you can grab Renekton for 4800 BE or 880 RP in the store.
Renekton is a gladiator in the top lane, a general who crushes all opponents from the get-go. His non-energy skill set allows for early dominance and constant pressure. However, this power wanes as the game progresses, so it’s crucial to capitalize on your early strength. His kit’s resilience is a double-edged sword; it can make him unstoppable early on, but if the game drags on, he might feel less impactful.
Best Guide for Renekton in 2023
If you’re looking for a top-notch guide to master Renekton in 2023, I recommend checking out this comprehensive guide. It’s packed with valuable insights and strategies to help you unleash Renekton’s full potential on the Rift.
Best Skins for Renekton
- Rune Wars Renekton: While it might be a bit pricey and lacks major visual changes, it’s still a decent skin with some unique enhancements.
- Bloodfury Renekton: Similar to Rune Wars, it offers minor value for the cost.
- Galactic Renekton: This skin is affordable and presents a unique albino appearance with blue particles, making it a good choice for those who want something different.
- Prehistoric Renekton: A skin that maintains the core theme while giving Renekton a fearsome, dinosaur-like appearance.
- Hextech Renekton: With creative animations and effects, it’s a legendary skin, but the somewhat clunky appearance and high cost might be a drawback for some.
- SKT T1 Renekton: A creative skin with the SKT T1 logo weapon, though it doesn’t entirely align with Renekton’s core theme.
- Outback Renekton: This skin combines a simple concept with an Australian twist, making it a unique and fun choice.
- Renektoy: A fun and pun-filled skin with various chromas to choose from, offering an enjoyable character model.
- Scorched Earth Renekton: A fiery skin that adds intensity to Renekton’s appearance and abilities.
- Pool Party Renekton: This skin offers humor, spammable emotes, and a unique character model with a lifeguard theme.
- Blackfrost Renekton: It transforms Renekton into a menacing force of nature with impressive visuals, including a mech-like ult, making it a top choice for many players.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
- Renekton’s original title was ‘the Eater of Souls’ before it was changed to the current one.
- In Legends of Runeterra, Renekton identifies himself as a crocodile rather than an alligator. Crocodiles are known for their aggressiveness, which aligns well with Renekton’s persona.
- When Renekton closes his jaw, both upper and lower teeth are visible. Alligators typically only show their top teeth due to a strong overbite.
- Make use of Renekton’s rage meter to maximize your effectiveness in battle.
In a game filled with countless champions, Renekton stands out as a brutal force to be reckoned with. Whether you’re smashing your way through the early game or turning the tide in team fights, this ascended warrior has it all. So, summoners, embrace the fury and dominate the top lane with Renekton’s unmatched power.
I hope this comprehensive guide has provided you with everything you need to know about Renekton in 2023. Now, it’s time to hit the Rift and unleash the fury of this fearsome champion. Good luck, and may your blades be ever sharp!
Who is Renekton in League of Legends?
Renekton is a powerful champion in League of Legends, an Ascended warrior from the desert of Shurima with a brutal and rage-fueled persona.
What are Renekton’s abilities and strengths?
Renekton has a unique kit with abilities like Reign of Anger, Cull the Meek, Ruthless Predator, Slice and Dice, and Dominus. He excels in high base damage, sustain, and strong laning with great burst and extended trade potential.
What are the best items for Renekton in 2023?
Recommended items for Renekton include Goredrinker, Eclipse, Ravenous Hydra, Black Cleaver, and Serylda’s Grudge to maximize his effectiveness.
What are Renekton’s best and worst matchups in the top lane?
Renekton performs well against champions like Yasuo and Riven but struggles against Vayne and Nasus.
How much does Renekton cost in 2023, and what are some notable skins for him?
In 2023, Renekton costs 4800 BE or 880 RP. Some notable skins include Blackfrost Renekton, Pool Party Renekton, and Rune Wars Renekton, among others.