Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, we’re diving headfirst into the world of League of Legends to talk about one of the most unique and fascinating champions out there – Zac. First released back in the distant gaming past of 2013, this tanky, blob-tastic champion has come a long way since then. In this article, we’ll explore Zac’s lore, abilities, advantages, and disadvantages, the best items to use, lanes and roles where he shines, champion picks and counter picks, his price in 2023, my personal feedback, some cool tricks, and the top Zac skins. So, let’s get ready to bounce into the fray with Zac!
Picture this: a toxic spill, a chemtech seam, and an isolated cavern deep in Zaun’s Sump. That’s where Zac’s story begins. Born from this chemical mishap, Zac has evolved into a sentient being who roams the city’s pipes, emerging when he’s needed most. He’s the protector of those who can’t protect themselves and the handyman of a broken Zaun. Talk about an origin story, right?
Now, let’s talk about the stuff that makes Zac tick – his abilities:
- Passive – Cell Division: Every time Zac smacks an enemy with an ability, he sheds a piece of himself that he can reabsorb to regain health. If things get dicey, he splits into four bloblets upon taking fatal damage, giving him another chance at life. Think of it as a four-part comeback story.
- Q – Stretching Strikes: Zac stretches his arm, grabbing an enemy. But here’s the twist: if he goes for another enemy, he’ll toss them towards each other like a twisted game of catch.
- W – Unstable Matter: Zac goes kaboom, dealing damage as a percentage of the enemy’s maximum health. A real crowd-pleaser when the enemy’s feeling beefy.
- E – Elastic Slingshot: Zac turns into a slingshot, attaching his arms to the ground, and launches himself forward. A move that screams “Surprise!” when you swoop in for a gank.
- R – Let’s Bounce!: Zac goes full Tigger mode, bouncing around and knocking up anyone unlucky enough to get in his way. It’s like a rubbery pinball party.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
In my opinion, playing Zac is like playing a versatile, bouncy tank that excels in the jungle. He’s got excellent initiation and crowd control, making him the ideal teammate for starting team fights. However, he’s not without his downsides. Zac’s melee-oriented, so champions like Orianna and Teemo can give him a hard time in lane. But if you can farm well, Zac’s late-game presence is nothing short of monstrous.
Best Items for Zac
Now, let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of what to build on Zac. In my experience:
Mythic Items Options:
Jak’Sho, The Protean: Your go-to Mythic choice. It’s a bit pricey, but it’s worth it.
Radiant Virtue: Solid item, especially if you’re behind and need some tankiness.
Evenshroud: Not my first pick, but consider it if you’re behind and want to support a fed teammate.
Locket of the Iron Solari: Situational but useful, especially against certain enemy compositions.
Legendary Items Options:
Demonic Embrace: A fantastic rush item for Zac. Speeds up your clear and adds some early-game punch.
Bami’s Cinder: Grab this after your first full clear to make subsequent clears smoother. Upgrade to Sunfire Aegis or keep it as is, depending on your game.
Warmog’s Armor: A must for extra tankiness. Pair it with Sunfire Aegis for a health boost.
Spirit Visage: Always a good choice for Zac, enhancing your healing from Cell Division and Jak’Sho, The Protean.
Gargoyle Stoneplate: A great last item for most tanks, especially if the enemy team lacks bruisers and you need to soak up a single source of heavy damage.
Best Lanes and Roles for Zac
Personally, I think Zac shines brightest in the jungle but can hold his own in top or mid under the right circumstances. He’s a melee champ, so be cautious against bullies like Orianna or Teemo. But if you farm well during the laning phase, you’ll transform into a late-game monster. Zac’s initiation and disruption with his jump and ultimate are game-changers, and his passive allows for risky plays while waiting for backup. I prefer a tanky build over AP, focusing on items like Sunfire Cape and Demonic Embrace to balance damage and durability.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s talk matchups. Zac comes out on top against champions like Urgot and Akali in the top lane but struggles against Kled and Sylas. In the mid lane, he performs well against Naafiri and Rumble but faces challenges against Galio and Ekko. In the jungle, Zac excels against Warwick and Sejuani but falters against Lillia and Trundle. Knowing your matchups can be the key to success with this elastic champ.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, you can get your hands on Zac for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. So, whether you’re grinding away in games or have some RP to spare, Zac’s accessibility makes him a solid choice for your champion roster.
Playing Zac as a tank jungler is an exciting journey. With strong engage tools and ample crowd control, I find myself constantly searching for opportunities to snowball my laners. While some players opt for a full AP build for more damage, I believe Zac’s true strength lies in controlling teamfights and objectives. Landing Elastic Slingshot (E) effectively is crucial, especially for initiating fights. In the early game, I focus on farming and opportunistic ganks, building items like Sunfire Cape and Demonic Embrace to boost damage while maintaining durability. Adaptation to the game’s flow is key, whether it’s peeling for your carries or diving into the enemy backline. Mastering Zac’s unique playstyle offers a satisfying and impactful jungle experience.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some fun facts and tips about Zac:
- Did you know Zac stands for “Zaun Amorphous Combatant”?
- Zac made cameo appearances in Battle Bunny Riven’s artwork and possibly the game’s Mac Version trailer before his official release.
- He’s the only champion damaged by regular Smite (due to his passive blobs being coded as minions) and has not one but two laugh animations.
- “Let’s Bounce!” references Tigger from Winnie-the-Pooh.
- His voice pitch changes with his health, a unique touch.
- Zac is one of five champions who use health as a resource, alongside Soraka, Dr. Mundo, Olaf, and Vladimir.
Best Guide for Zac 2023
If you’re looking to make the most out of your time on the Rift with Zac, I highly recommend checking out this straightforward yet invaluable guide for our elastic champion: Zac Jungle Guide.
This guide is a treasure trove of tips, tricks, and strategies that will help you harness the full potential of Zac. It covers everything from item builds and skill order to jungle pathing and teamfighting tactics. Whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned Zac main, there’s always something new to learn from dedicated guides like this one.
Top Zac Skins
Now, let’s talk style! Zac’s got a range of skins to choose from, each with its own unique flair. Here’s my ranking from worst to best:
- SKT T1 Zac: While it’s not bad, this skin lacks a distinctive theme and doesn’t change Zac’s base model and abilities much. The auto attack sound effects are a nice touch, though.
- Battlecast Zac: This one’s a winner, with its cybernetic theme, textured passive blobs, and cool splash art. It’s a clear upgrade from the default look.
- Special Weapon Zac: Despite seeming like a glorified chroma, this skin impresses with its tentacle designs and menacing vibe. Plus, it’s budget-friendly!
- Pool Party Zac: Taking the top spot, Pool Party Zac injects fun into the game. The character model is creative, and the addition of rubber duckies is a delightful touch. It’s not just the best Zac skin; it’s one of the standout Pool Party skins in the whole game.
So there you have it – a rundown of Zac’s skins. Pick your favorite, and let your inner blob shine on the Summoner’s Rift.
In conclusion, Zac is a unique and engaging champion that offers tons of versatility and fun gameplay. Whether you’re new to him or a seasoned pro, there’s always something exciting to discover when you’re bouncing around with this elastic hero. So, grab your slingshot and go make some plays on the Rift, because with Zac, the sky’s the limit!
Who is Zac in League of Legends?
Zac is a unique champion in League of Legends, known for his origin story in Zaun and his blob-like appearance. He’s a versatile tank with excellent crowd control abilities.
What are Zac’s key abilities?
Zac’s abilities include his passive, Cell Division, and skills like Stretching Strikes (Q), Unstable Matter (W), Elastic Slingshot (E), and his ultimate, Let’s Bounce! (R).
What are the best items and roles for Zac?
Zac excels as a tanky jungler but can also play top or mid. Some recommended items include Sunfire Cape, Demonic Embrace, and Warmog’s Armor. He’s a strong initiator and teamfighter.
How much does Zac cost in 2023?
In 2023, you can purchase Zac for 4800 blue essence or 880 riot points, making him accessible for players looking to add him to their champion roster.
What are the top Zac skins?
The top Zac skins include Pool Party Zac, Battlecast Zac, Special Weapon Zac, and SKT T1 Zac. Each skin has its unique theme and cosmetic changes to enhance your gameplay experience.