Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, I’ve got something special in store for all you League of Legends fans out there. We’re diving deep into the world of Amumu, the Sad Mummy himself. Why, you ask? Well, because this champ holds a special place in my heart. I’ve been tossing his bandages around since the days of his Bandage Toss change to have 2 charges! And let me tell you, he’s a ton of fun to play. So, let’s unwrap the lore, abilities, pros, cons, and more about our melancholic friend, Amumu.
Amumu’s backstory is as heart-wrenching as it gets. Legend has it that he hails from ancient Shurima, a place steeped in mysticism and tragedy. Forever cursed to a life of solitude, Amumu roams the world, desperately searching for a friend. But here’s the kicker – his touch is lethal, his affection a curse. He’s like a living cadaver, wrapped in bandages that seem to creep endlessly. Tales of Amumu have woven themselves into myths, songs, and folklore, making it impossible to separate fact from fiction.
His curse dooms him to a lifetime of anguish, despair, and loneliness. His very touch is a death sentence, leaving him unable to embrace or befriend anyone. So, picture him wandering the deserts, a lonely soul forever in search of a true friend, his wails echoing through the sands.
Let’s break down Amumu’s abilities:
- Passive – Cursed Touch: Amumu’s basic attacks curse his foes, causing them to take bonus true damage from incoming magic damage.
- Q – Bandage Toss: Amumu hurls a sticky bandage at a target, stunning and damaging them while he pulls himself toward them.
- W – Despair: Overwhelmed by anguish, nearby enemies lose a percentage of their max Health each second and have their curses refreshed.
- E – Tantrum: Permanently reduces the physical damage Amumu takes. When triggered, Amumu deals damage to nearby enemies. Each hit on Amumu reduces the cooldown on Tantrum.
- R – Curse of the Sad Mummy: Amumu entangles surrounding enemies in bandages, applying his Curse, damaging, and stunning them.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Amumu
- Amumu boasts a robust early laning phase.
- He excels against two early-game squishy champions.
- His game-changing ultimate can turn the tides of a teamfight at any stage.
- Struggles against other tanky supports.
- Not the best scout around.
- Expect to rack up a few deaths.
- Doesn’t synergize well with most ADCs.
Best Items for Champion
Alright, summoners, let’s talk about gearing up our Sad Mummy. Here are some top-notch items for Amumu:
Evenshroud: If the enemy team packs a punch with crowd control abilities, this one’s for you. It’s a budget-friendly mythic item that beefs up your tankiness and adds some extra damage for your team.
Radiant Virtue: When the enemy team isn’t showering you with CC, this is your go-to. It’s a bit pricier but offers great stats for Amumu.
Plated Steelcaps: Facing an all-AD enemy squad? Slip into these for added defense.
Mercury’s Treads: If the enemy team is drowning you in CC or magic damage, these boots will keep you on your feet. Otherwise, stick with Unflinching.
Frozen Heart: If the opposing team relies on attack speed champions, this is your ticket. It also brings some much-needed ability haste to the table and won’t break the bank.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
Now that we’ve got our gear sorted, let’s talk strategy. Amumu shines as a melee support with exceptional teamfighting and crowd control abilities. Unlike champions with hooks, his engage isn’t limited to a single target; he can lock down all five enemies if played right.
So, where does Amumu belong on the Rift? Well, he’s most at home in the jungle. His kit allows him to clear camps efficiently and gank with a potent crowd control combo. But hey, don’t let that stop you from experimenting with other roles if you’re feeling adventurous. Just remember that his primary calling is in the jungle, where he can make the biggest impact.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Time to discuss the matchups, my fellow summoners. Amumu’s got some good and not-so-good company in the League of Legends world. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Gragas and Wukong. These fellas will have a tough time dealing with the Sad Mummy’s jungle presence.
- Karthus and Udyr. Oh boy, these two can give Amumu nightmares. Best to steer clear of these matchups.
Alright, now you know who Amumu’s pals and nemeses are in the Rift. Keep these matchups in mind to ensure you’re playing to your strengths and avoiding your weaknesses.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Now, let’s talk moolah. In 2023, Amumu won’t break the bank. He’ll set you back 450 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points. So, whether you’re a seasoned summoner or a fresh recruit, Amumu is pretty accessible.
Personally, I’m all in for Amumu’s jungle adventures. He’s been a mainstay in the jungle for years, and I’m not the only one who believes in his prowess. He packs a punch early on, and his game-changing ultimate can secure victories. However, there’s been some confusion among players (myself included) due to his kit changes, particularly the double charges on his Q ability. But let’s clear that up – Amumu’s primary role remains in the jungle.
I’ve found success with various rune and item builds, showcasing his versatility in the jungle. While some may dabble with other roles like support, the consensus is that Amumu thrives in the jungle. So, if you’re looking for a solid jungle pick, don’t shy away from our melancholic friend.
Best Guide for Amumu in 2023
If you’re itching to learn more about mastering Amumu, check out this guide: Amumu Jungle Guide 2023. It’s packed with valuable insights and tips to help you make the most of your time with the Sad Mummy.
Best Skins for this Amumu
Amumu has a variety of skins to choose from, but some are definitely better than others. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Vancouver Amumu: This skin doesn’t offer much besides a splash of color and an Olympic theme. It’s not bad but lacks the flair of other skins.
- Almost-Prom King Amumu: While the concept is interesting, the in-game model doesn’t fully capture the theme. It’s decent but not a top choice.
- Hextech Amumu: Despite its high price, Hextech Amumu has well-done animations and a robotic theme. However, its voice-over and the existence of a similar, cheaper skin hold it back.
- Re-Gifted Amumu: This simple skin changes Amumu’s appearance to reflect his gift-like status. It’s good for its price but lacks the polish of higher-tier skins.
- Little Knight Amumu: Pricier than most, this knight-themed skin has clean armor design, but its theming is a bit random. The splash art is a highlight.
- Pharaoh Amumu: A fitting choice for Amumu, this skin has a great thematic feel, especially with his ult. Minor complaints about color.
- Pumpkin Prince Amumu: A delightful skin with an adorable yet spooky design. Only slight criticism is the Q animation with chains.
- Emumu: A beloved skin due to its pun and nostalgic charm. Emo Amumu is a unique concept that adds a fun twist.
- Surprise Party Amumu: This skin nails the party theme, with sweet animations and a clever ult effect that reflects hits and misses.
- Porcelain Amumu: A mixed bag, excelling in character model and creative animations but falling short with some ability visuals feeling out of place.
- Sad Robot Amumu: Well-designed and executed, this skin features a robot-themed voice-over and ability animations that make sense, fitting the theme perfectly.
- Infernal Amumu: Arguably the best Amumu skin, it turns the mummy into a fiery, sad Satan spawn. It boasts an outstanding recall animation and balanced fiery-themed abilities.
I’ll cover more skins in the next part, so stay tuned!
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Amumu has some neat tricks up his bandaged sleeves. Here are a few:
- Ever noticed Amumu’s Bandage Toss icon? It pays homage to Spider-Man’s web-shooting pose from Marvel Comics.
- Amumu makes a cameo on a caution sign in the game’s Mac Version trailer.
- He was the third champion to score 7 skins, quite the achievement!
- Amumu’s dance is a nod to the Goth kids’ dance in South Park, which itself is a parody of the classic ‘Peanuts’ Dance.
And don’t forget some gameplay tips:
- Powerfarm for XP early on to get your ultimate, Curse of the Sad Mummy, as quickly as possible.
- Gank as soon as your ultimate is up at level 6; make the most of its cooldown.
- After using Curse of the Sad Mummy in a teamfight, either stick to the enemy backline or peel for your carries.
So, there you have it, fellow gamers – Amumu, the Sad Mummy, unravelled for your League of Legends adventures. Remember, the Rift is a place of endless possibilities, and with Amumu on your side, you’re sure to make some unforgettable plays. Happy gaming, everyone!
Who is Amumu in League of Legends and what is his lore?
Amumu is a champion in League of Legends, known as the Sad Mummy. His lore tells a heartbreaking story of loneliness and a deadly curse, which makes his touch lethal, preventing him from making friends.
What are Amumu’s abilities and how should I play him?
Amumu’s abilities include Cursed Touch, Bandage Toss, Despair, Tantrum, and Curse of the Sad Mummy. He is primarily played in the jungle role, excelling at crowd control and teamfighting.
What are the pros and cons of playing Amumu?
Amumu has a strong early laning phase, excels against squishy champions, and possesses a game-changing ultimate. However, he struggles against tanky opponents, may accumulate deaths, and doesn’t synergize well with most ADCs.
What are the best items for Amumu in 2023?
Recommended items for Amumu include Evenshroud for crowd control resistance, Radiant Virtue for overall stats, Plated Steelcaps for defense against AD champions, Mercury’s Treads for CC and magic resistance, and Frozen Heart against attack speed-based teams.
Who are Amumu’s strong and weak matchups in League of Legends?
Amumu is strong against champions like Gragas and Wukong but struggles against Karthus and Udyr. Understanding these matchups can help you play to his strengths and avoid weaknesses in the game.