Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, I’ve got something special for you – a deep dive into the world of Hecarim, the spectral speedster of League of Legends. As someone who’s spent countless hours racing across the Rift with Hecarim, I couldn’t wait to share my thoughts on this champ. So, buckle up, because we’re about to explore Hecarim’s lore, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, and so much more. Let’s roll!
Hecarim isn’t your typical knight in shining armor; he’s more like a nightmarish fusion of man and beast. Once a proud knight, he met a cruel fate when the Ruination consumed the Blessed Isles. Now, he leads the charge for the Black Mist, delighting in the chaos and destruction he leaves in his wake. Hecarim’s not just a mindless warrior; he’s cunning, manipulative, and obsessed with glory, making him a formidable force on the battlefield.
Let’s break down Hecarim’s abilities:
- Passive – Warpath: Hecarim gains Attack Damage based on his bonus Move Speed, making mobility a key to his power.
- Q – Rampage: Hecarim swings his cleaver, dealing physical damage to nearby foes. Hit something, and you’ll deal more damage with a shorter cooldown.
- W – Spirit of Dread: This ability grants Hecarim Armor and Magic Resist while dealing magic damage to nearby enemies. Plus, he heals based on the damage they take.
- E – Devastating Charge: Hecarim revs up, charging through units and delivering a knockback and bonus damage with his next attack.
- R – Onslaught of Shadows: Hecarim calls forth spectral riders, charging forward and causing magic damage in a line. Enemies hit are sent running in terror.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s talk about Hecarim’s pros and cons, in my humble opinion:
- Super Speed: Hecarim’s mobility is off the charts, making him a nightmare to catch or escape from.
- Gank Master: His E, Devastating Charge, makes him an excellent ganker.
- Teamfight King: In teamfights, his R, Onslaught of Shadows, can turn the tide of battle.
- 1v9 Potential: Hecarim has the potential to single-handedly carry games.
- Tanky Healer: With the right build, he can become an unkillable healing machine.
- Late-Game Duels: After getting a Trinity Force, he can win 1v1 duels with ease.
- Counter Jungle Nightmare: Hecarim hates early invades; keep an eye on the enemy jungler.
- Falls Behind Quickly: If Hecarim falls behind, he can become quite ineffective.
- Weak Early Game: Pre-level 4, he’s vulnerable.
- Late-Game Fade: He doesn’t scale well into late game.
- Lack of Escape: Once you E in, there’s no escape if your R is on cooldown.
- CC Wrecks Him: Crowd control can be a real pain for Hecarim.
Best Items for Hecarim
Alright, here’s where the real fun begins. When it comes to gearing up our spectral speedster, I’ve got some hot recommendations:
Black Cleaver: This item is a game-changer for Hecarim, thanks to its armor shred. Rush it, especially if you plan on going for a tanky or bruiser build.
Muramana: Core for any lethality Hecarim build. Start with Tear of the Goddess to stack it ASAP.
Spear of Shojin: A luxury item for when you’re ahead. It’s a “win harder” choice but beware of its high price tag.
Death’s Dance: Great for your 4th, 5th, or 6th item, especially against AD-heavy teams or assassins.
Edge of Night: Perfect against champs with one pesky CC ability, but remember you’re unstoppable during Onslaught of Shadows.
Best Lanes and Roles for Hecarim
Hecarim’s versatility isn’t limited to just one lane or role. He’s a true multi-role champ, and here’s where he truly shines:
Jungle: Hecarim is a beast in the jungle, especially in the early game. Gank early and often to get yourself and your team ahead. His speed and damage output make him a formidable jungler. And don’t forget to invade the enemy jungle when you can; stealing their camps can tilt the game in your favor.
Top Lane: Surprisingly, Hecarim can also dominate the top lane. He’s a true off-tank lane bully who thrives on out-trading opponents with his Q, Rampage. Once you’ve gained an advantage, leverage your mobility for ganking other lanes and diving the enemy backline during teamfights. Your ultimate, Onslaught of Shadows, lets you get up close and personal with enemy carries while they’re helplessly feared.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s talk about some match-ups. While Hecarim can be a force to be reckoned with, he does have his fair share of favorable and unfavorable match-ups.
Winning Lanes: Hecarim typically shines when facing champions like Amumu and Vi. Against these foes, you’re more likely to come out on top.
Challenging Foes: On the flip side, champions like Ivern and Maokai can give Hecarim a run for his money. These matchups can be tricky, so it’s often best to avoid them if possible.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In case you’re wondering about the cost of picking up Hecarim in 2023, he’s a solid investment. You can get him for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. A fair price for a champ that can carry you to victory.
Now, let me share some personal insights about Hecarim. He’s not a particularly difficult champion to learn, but to truly become a 1v9 god, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Optimal Path: In lower ELOs, always prefer getting leashed to speed up your clear time. Use this advantage to your benefit and carry your team.
- Know Your Limits: Understanding when to engage, disengage, and the damage potential of Hecarim is crucial. Overextending can lead to disaster.
On the flip side, here are some of Hecarim’s downsides:
- Early Invades: Be wary of early invades; not every 1v1 is in your favor.
- Power Spikes: Hecarim’s biggest power spike comes after getting his mythic item and Ionian boots. Before that, you’re not the 1v9 machine you can be.
- Late-Game Challenges: In higher ELOs, Hecarim tends to fall off in the late game. Try not to let games drag on too long.
Best Guide for Hecarim in 2023
If you’re eager to dive even deeper into the world of Hecarim, I’ve got a fantastic guide for you. Check out this comprehensive guide for Hecarim in 2023: Hecarim Jungle Guide. It’s packed with valuable insights and strategies to help you master this spectral speedster.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk fashion. Hecarim’s got a range of skins, but not all of them are created equal. Here’s my take on the best and not-so-great options:
- Headless Hecarim (975 RP): Perfect for Halloween with its spooky theme and vibrant visuals. A great choice for its price.
- Elderwood Hecarim (1350 RP): This skin boasts beautiful visuals, though the weapon design could use a little more oomph.
- High Noon Hecarim (1350 RP): With its Wild West theme and angular design, this skin is a standout. Some sound effects might be subtle, but it nails the isolation vibe.
- Blood Knight Hecarim (975 RP): This legacy skin lacks visual appeal and doesn’t quite match its theme. It’s not worth the price.
- Worldbreaker Hecarim (750 RP): While unique in color palette, it has a few visual issues and is the cheapest Hecarim skin.
- Reaper Hecarim (975 RP): A solid thematic choice but might be overpriced for what it offers.
Remember, skins are all about personal preference, so go with what resonates with you!
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Let’s wrap things up with some interesting tidbits about Hecarim:
- Hecarim’s design might have drawn inspiration from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, particularly War, or the Assault Rider from Kingdom Hearts.
- His dance references ‘Dope Zebra’ by ‘rhettandlink’.
- Warpath is one of only two abilities in the game that scale with movement speed.
- Onslaught of Shadows may be a nod to the fight with Ganondorf in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- Don’t sit on your Ultimate, Onslaught of Shadows. Use it to gank lanes and secure kills.
- Hecarim shines as an early game duelist. Invade weak enemies’ jungles and get ahead.
- Team fights can be challenging due to poke. Use your Ultimate, Onslaught of Shadows, to flank enemies from unwarded bushes or the side to avoid taking too much damage.
That’s a wrap, fellow gamers! Hecarim is a champion that’s all about speed, strategy, and ruthless aggression. Give him a spin on the Rift and see if you can become the 1v9 god you’ve always dreamed of. Good luck, and happy gaming!
Who is Hecarim in League of Legends, and what are his key abilities?
Hecarim is a spectral speedster champion in League of Legends with a knightly background consumed by the Ruination. His abilities include Warpath (passive), Rampage (Q), Spirit of Dread (W), Devastating Charge (E), and Onslaught of Shadows (R).
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Hecarim in League of Legends?
Pros of playing Hecarim include his high mobility, ganking potential, teamfight presence, and late-game dueling ability. However, he has weaknesses like vulnerability to counter jungling, a weak early game, and struggles in the late game.
What are the recommended items for Hecarim in 2023?
Recommended items for Hecarim include Black Cleaver, Muramana, Spear of Shojin (luxury), Death’s Dance, and Edge of Night. The choice of items may vary based on the game situation.
In which lanes and roles can Hecarim be played effectively?
Hecarim is versatile and can excel as a jungler and even in the top lane. In the jungle, he is known for his early ganking potential, while in the top lane, he becomes an off-tank lane bully.
What are some notable skins for Hecarim, and are there any interesting facts about the champion?
Some of the best Hecarim skins include Headless Hecarim, Elderwood Hecarim, and High Noon Hecarim. Interesting facts about Hecarim include his design inspirations, dance reference, and tips for maximizing his abilities in-game.