Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends and taking a closer look at the yordle genius, Heimerdinger. If you’ve ever wondered why this quirky inventor stands out in the world of champions, you’re in for a treat. This review was long overdue because, well, Heimerdinger’s playstyle is unlike any other champ out there, and I couldn’t wait to share my thoughts with you. So, buckle up and let’s get into it!
Imagine a yordle with wild blond hair, a distinctive white mustache, and an obsession for answering the universe’s most perplexing questions. That’s our man, Professor Cecil B. Heimerdinger. Hailing from Piltover, he’s one of the most brilliant inventors the city has ever known. He’s relentless, sometimes to the point of neuroticism, in his work. He thrives on crafting mind-boggling inventions, making Piltover a hub of innovation and sometimes chaos. Dressed in his typical lab coat and sporting protective goggles, he’s a sight to behold. But it’s his inventions that steal the show. They’re nothing short of miraculous and occasionally lethal. And guess what? He’s always tinkering with them to make them even better. This dude is a true mad scientist!
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of Heimerdinger’s kit:
Passive – Hextech Affinity: When you’re hanging around Heimerdinger’s turrets and towers, you’ll gain a nifty move speed boost. Perfect for making a quick getaway or closing in on your prey.
Q – H-28 G Evolution Turret: Heimerdinger drops a turret that spews out rapid-fire shots and even has a secondary beam attack. These turrets are a pain for your enemies, but oh so satisfying for you.
W – Hextech Micro-Rockets: Launch long-range rockets that hone in on your target. Precision and firepower rolled into one ability.
E – CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade: Lob a grenade, dealing damage and stunning anyone caught in the blast. It’s like bringing your own fireworks to the party.
R – Upgrade!!!: Heimerdinger cranks things up a notch with his ultimate. It enhances the next spell you cast, making it pack an even bigger punch.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- Heimerdinger dishes out tons of burst damage.
- Good luck to enemy junglers trying to gank you; he’s hard to catch.
- His crowd control can hit multiple enemies, making team fights a breeze.
- Early game dominance? He’s got it.
- He can turn the tables on 1v2 situations like a pro.
- Versatility is his middle name. He can play in various lanes and roles.
- Keeps your lane opponent stuck under their tower with his turret army.
- Turrets are fragile and can crumble if you place them poorly.
- He’s a bit of a glass cannon with low base stats, so be careful out there.
- Mana management can be a pain, especially in the early game.
- Not the greatest early game burst damage dealer.
Best Items for Champion
Alright, summoners, let’s talk about gearing up your Heimerdinger:
Luden’s Tempest: This one’s a must-have. It brings wave-clearing power, trading potential, and a heap of useful stats, including penetration. If you’re ahead, grab an early Hextech Alternator for extra damage before completing Luden’s Tempest.
Shadowflame: A newcomer to Heimer’s item list but a strong one. It’s excellent against barrier-heavy team comps, and when combined with Void Staff, it’s a recipe for melting foes late game. Pair it up with Luden’s for an unstoppable combo.
Sorcerer’s Shoes: These are your go-to boots. Extra penetration and movement speed make them perfect for Heimerdinger. Plus, penetration is crucial against tanky enemies.
Rabadon’s Deathcap: If you’re ahead, grab this beauty. It pumps up your damage and plays well with an aggressive playstyle, especially when using Electrocute.
Zhonya’s Hourglass: Core for Heimerdinger, it offers protection against those pesky assassins. Consider this your lifeline, especially if you’re facing off against Zed or Talon.
Alright, summoners, that’s it for now. Stay tuned because we’ve got more Heimerdinger wisdom coming your way in the next part!
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
So, where should you unleash the full might of Heimerdinger? When you’re just starting to master this yordle genius, the middle and top lanes are your playground.
Mid lane is the go-to choice. Heimerdinger’s kit allows him to control the lane like a boss, with those turrets of his zoning out enemies and making them think twice about approaching.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s take a look at who Heimerdinger thrives against and who gives him a run for his money.
Heimerdinger shines in the top lane against champions like Tahm Kench and Gragas. These matchups are in the bag for our turreted genius. However, watch out for Irelia and Yasuo; they can give you a real headache. So, if you see them on the enemy team, think twice about picking Heimerdinger.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Alright, let’s talk moolah. In 2023, you can pick up Heimerdinger for 3150 Blue Essence or 790 Riot Points. Not too shabby for a champion with such an explosive personality.
Now, let’s get personal. As a fellow gamer, I’ve had my fair share of experiences with Heimerdinger. Here’s my take on it:
Learning Heimerdinger can be a bit of a rollercoaster. Properly positioning those turrets, managing minions, and syncing up with your ADC can be a challenge. The learning curve can be frustrating at times, but trust me, it’s worth it.
I’ve experimented with Heimerdinger in various roles. I personally enjoy playing him as an ADC, but I’ve also had success as a support. The choice often depends on my mood and who I’m teaming up with. Both have their perks, and it’s fun to mix things up.
I’ve noticed that playing Heimerdinger support can be tougher in lower ELOs. People may not be used to his unique playstyle, but as you climb the ranks, things get smoother. You adapt, your teammates adapt, and before you know it, you’re dropping turrets and grenades like a pro.
Best Guide for Heimerdinger in 2023
Looking for the ultimate guide to master Heimerdinger in 2023? Look no further! Check out this awesome guide. It’s chock-full of tips and tricks to help you become a Heimerdinger powerhouse.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk fashion in the League world. Heimerdinger’s got a few skins to choose from, so here’s my take on them:
- Blast Zone Heimerdinger: This skin has a fun concept, but the in-game model could use a bit more polish. That derpy face and wild hair might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- Alien Invader Heimerdinger: While the alien theme is cool, the skin feels a bit overpriced for the limited changes it brings. You might want to save your RP for something better.
- Piltover Customs Heimerdinger: It’s a decent skin with a mechanic vibe. It’s not the flashiest, but it does the job without any major drawbacks.
- Snowmerdinger: This one’s a winner in my book. Heimerdinger as a grumpy snowman, and the turret designs are a nice touch. Although, it’s a bummer that he loses his iconic hair.
- Heimerstinger: It’s a cute bee-themed skin with neat ability and sound effects. However, it could’ve gone a bit further with turret and character design.
- Pool Party Heimerdinger: A fun skin with squirt gun turrets, a beach ball E, and a polished character model. It’s great, though slightly less unique and a tad pricier than others.
- Hazmat Heimerdinger: An excellent budget pick with no glaring weaknesses. The hazmat theme suits him well, and the animations are on point.
- Dragon Trainer Heimerdinger: Now, this is the holy grail of Heimerdinger skins. It’s legendary, featuring an adorable dragon companion, dragon-themed animations, and emotes. If you’re going all-in on Heimerdinger, this skin is a must-have.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some neat tidbits about Heimerdinger:
- Heimerdinger has the longest champion name with a whopping 12 characters. In contrast, Vi has the shortest name at just 2 characters. Talk about extremes!
- Heimerdinger’s name is a fusion of J. Robert Oppenheimer and Erwin Schrödinger’s last names, two legendary scientists.
- His given name, Cecil, is derived from Caecilius, a Roman surname meaning “one-eyed” or “blind.”
- Heimerdinger’s alternate walk animation is hilariously referred to as ‘derpy.’ Use emotes or activate his passive to see him switch between his regular and ‘derpy’ walk.
- Here’s a pro tip: Set up your H-28 G Evolution Turrets (Q) before the laning phase kicks off. It’ll save mana and give you an early push advantage.
So, there you have it, summoners! Heimerdinger, the inventor extraordinaire, is a quirky but powerful champion with a unique playstyle. Whether you’re raining rockets down on your foes or defending your turf with turrets, there’s never a dull moment when you pick Heimerdinger. So, get out there, experiment with builds and skins, and enjoy the mayhem he brings to the Rift!
Who is Heimerdinger in League of Legends?
Heimerdinger is a yordle inventor from Piltover known for his brilliant and quirky personality. He’s a mad scientist who creates unique inventions and turrets to dominate the game.
What are Heimerdinger’s abilities and strengths?
Heimerdinger’s kit includes turrets (H-28 G Evolution Turret), long-range rockets (Hextech Micro-Rockets), a stunning grenade (CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade), and an ultimate ability (Upgrade!!!). He excels in burst damage, crowd control, and early game dominance.
What are the pros and cons of playing Heimerdinger?
Pros include high burst damage, difficulty to gank, crowd control for team fights, and versatility in different lanes. Cons include fragile turrets, low base stats, and mana management challenges.
What are the best items for Heimerdinger in 2023?
Recommended items for Heimerdinger include Luden’s Tempest, Shadowflame, Sorcerer’s Shoes, Rabadon’s Deathcap, and Zhonya’s Hourglass to enhance his damage and survivability.
Where is the best lane and role to play Heimerdinger, and who should he be picked against or avoided?
Heimerdinger is best suited for the mid lane but can also be played top. He excels against certain champions like Tahm Kench and Gragas but should be avoided against strong laners like Irelia and Yasuo.