Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends to talk about one of the most captivating champions in the game: Irelia. This blade-wielding fighter has been slicing and dicing her way through the Rift since her release on November 16, 2010. Irelia falls into the Fighter class and excels in the top and middle lanes. If you’re wondering why I’m so stoked to review this champion, well, Irelia’s got a unique lore that make her a must-know for any dedicated League player. So, let’s get started!
Irelia’s backstory is as fascinating as it gets in the League of Legends universe. She hails from the beautiful land of Ionia, a place rich in culture and tradition. Trained in the art of dance, Irelia managed to fuse her graceful moves with deadly precision, using levitating blades as her weapons of choice. But her journey took a dramatic turn when she became the leader of the resistance against Noxian occupation. Irelia is not just a fighter; she’s a passionate and protective soul, dedicated to preserving her homeland.
Now, let’s break down Irelia’s abilities:
- Passive – Ionian Fervor: With each spell, Irelia gains bonus Attack Speed, and at max stacks, she deals bonus on-hit damage.
- Q – Bladesurge: Irelia dashes forward, striking her target and healing herself. If the target is Marked or dies to Bladesurge, it resets.
- W – Defiant Dance: Charging her strike, Irelia deals more damage as she charges and takes reduced physical damage.
- E – Flawless Duet: Irelia sends out two blades that converge on each other, damaging, stunning, and Marking enemies caught in between.
- R – Vanguard’s Edge: Irelia unleashes a barrage of blades that explode upon hitting an enemy champion, damaging and Marking them. These blades then form a damaging and slowing wall.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- Irelia has limitless potential.
- She’s flashy and incredibly fun to play.
- While challenging to master, Irelia’s high skill expression is a big draw.
- With the right player, she can win almost any top lane matchup.
- Her design, character, and skins are top-notch.
- She’s a flexible pick in the mid lane.
- Performs exceptionally well against ranged top lane matchups.
- Some matchups at top can be extremely challenging.
- There are a handful of matchups where you can’t even soak XP in the first wave.
- She’s somewhat reliant on Flash.
- Winning the lane doesn’t always translate to winning the game in the top lane.
Best Items for Irelia
When it comes to gearing up Irelia for success, there are a few must-have items:
Blade of The Ruined King: This is the go-to first item for Irelia, giving her the early-game power she needs.
Wit’s End: A great second item, especially against teams with significant AP damage.
Sterak’s Gage: Best as a third item, providing AD, HP, and a handy shield and Tenacity when triggered.
Frozen Heart: This item is a solid choice when facing auto-based champions and helps with mana problems.
Randuin’s Omen: Consider it against heavy AD teams when you need extra HP.
Force of Nature: Perfect for countering tick-based AP damage and offering movement speed, magic resist, and HP.
Best Lanes and Roles for Irelia
So, where does Irelia truly shine? Well, she’s at her best as a top laner. Her ability to make clutch teleport plays and dominate her lane is unmatched. Irelia’s toolkit is designed for the top lane, where she can really spread her wings.
However, don’t be surprised to see her mid from time to time. She’s got a knack for countering ranged squishy champions, and her adaptability makes her a viable mid-lane pick as well. If her passive ever goes back to 5 stacks, you might see less of her mid, but for now, it’s still a thing.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s get into some champion stats. Irelia is a top lane menace to champions like Heimerdinger and Yorick, but be warned, Rengar and Tryndamere can make her life miserable. Best to steer clear of them if you can.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Speaking of cost, in 2023, Irelia comes in at a price of 3150 Blue Essence or 790 Riot Points. It’s a fair deal for a champion with this much depth and versatility.
Alright, let’s get personal for a moment. Irelia is a champ who thrives on resetting her Q and stacking her passive before a fight. You can either stack your passive before a fight or in the middle of it using your abilities. She starts the game strong but tends to fall off in the late game. Her kit offers incredible outplay potential, but juggling three skill shots can be a bit tricky.
Best Guide for Irelia in 2023
If you’re itching to master Irelia in 2023, I’ve got a fantastic guide for you. Check out this comprehensive guide. It’s got everything you need to become a true Irelia aficionado.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk about Irelia’s sense of style. She’s got some skins that are a cut above the rest:
- Aviator Irelia: She turns into a vintage aviator with propeller blades, unique voice lines, but slightly clunky hair and odd propellers when her passive is active.
- Order of the Lotus Irelia: This skin offers a cute look with pinks and purples but lacks fancy particle effects.
- Nightblade Irelia: Go for this badass ninja look with traditional attire. No special animations, but it’s a steal at 520 RP.
- Frostblade Irelia: Known for her distinctive posterior, this skin transforms Irelia into an ice queen with icy armor. Simple animations, but perfect for those who love the aesthetic.
- Infiltrator Irelia: A sci-fi vigilante skin with vibrant hair and sci-fi abilities. The recall animation is a bit underwhelming, but it’s a great choice for sci-fi fans.
- Divine Sword Irelia: This elegant skin features a white dress, golden accents, and mesmerizing sword animations. The recall involves summoning a golden dragon spirit.
- Sentinel Irelia: Turns Irelia into a warrior goddess with refined armor and glowing animations. However, some may not be fond of her hairstyle.
- PROJECT: Irelia: This futuristic skin boasts a mecha-inspired design and holographic abilities, plus an epic recall animation.
- PROJECT: Irelia Prestige Edition: The Prestige version of the PROJECT skin with a shiny finish, holographic cape, and upgraded blades.
- iG Irelia: A standout Worlds skin with an eye-catching outfit, intricate detailing, and a beautiful recall animation.
- High Noon Irelia: A Wild West-themed skin with phenomenal detailing, fiery blades, and a unique cape that resembles demonic wings.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap up, here are some cool tricks and facts about Irelia:
- Irelia is based on Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin.
- Her blades were originally a prized emblem of her household, but they became a symbol of defiance against Noxian occupation.
- Irelia is 24 years old.
- Always aim to stack your passive at 5 before a fight to get bonus attack speed and bonus magic damage on-hit.
And there you have it, a deep dive into the world of Irelia! Whether you’re looking to master her on the Rift or just appreciate her lore and style, Irelia is a champion worth exploring. So go out there and show your foes the way of the blade!
Who is Irelia in League of Legends?
Irelia is a champion in League of Legends known for her blade-wielding skills. She hails from Ionia and is a passionate fighter dedicated to protecting her homeland.
What are Irelia’s abilities in the game?
Irelia’s abilities include Ionian Fervor (Passive), Bladesurge (Q), Defiant Dance (W), Flawless Duet (E), and Vanguard’s Edge (R). Each ability serves a unique purpose in her kit.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Irelia?
Pros of playing Irelia include her high skill expression, fun gameplay, and versatility. However, she can struggle in certain matchups and is somewhat reliant on Flash.
What are the best items for Irelia in League of Legends?
Key items for Irelia include Blade of The Ruined King, Wit’s End, Sterak’s Gage, Frozen Heart, Randuin’s Omen, and Force of Nature, depending on the situation.
Where is Irelia best suited to play in the game, and who are her strong and weak matchups?
Irelia excels in the top lane, but she can also be played mid. She has strong matchups against champions like Heimerdinger and Yorick but struggles against Rengar and Tryndamere.