Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the world of Lucian, the relentless Sentinel of Light. But before we get into the nitty-gritty, let me tell you why I’m excited to review this champion. Lucian is more than just a character in the League of Legends universe; he’s cool personified. With his unique caster-marksman style and an unrivaled sense of fun, Lucian brings a special spark to the game. So, if you’re ready to join me on this journey, let’s explore everything you need to know about Lucian.
Lucian, a Sentinel of Light, is a grim hunter of undying spirits. His relentless pursuit leads him to relentlessly annihilate them with his twin relic pistols. However, his story is tinged with sorrow and vengeance. After the wraith Thresh slew his wife, Lucian’s life took a dark turn. Despite her return to the realm of the living, his rage remains unquenched. Merciless and single-minded, Lucian stops at nothing to protect the living from the horrors of the Black Mist.
Now, let’s break down Lucian’s abilities:
Passive – Lightslinger Lucian’s passive gives his next attack a double-shot, providing him with extra firepower. If he’s healed or shielded by an ally or if an enemy champion nearby is immobilized, his next two basic attacks deal bonus magic damage.
Q – Piercing Light This ability allows Lucian to shoot a bolt of piercing light at a target.
W – Ardent Blaze Lucian fires a missile that explodes in a star shape, marking and briefly revealing enemies. It also grants him bonus movement speed when attacking marked enemies.
E – Relentless Pursuit Lucian dashes a short distance quickly, and his Lightslinger attacks reduce the cooldown of Relentless Pursuit.
R – The Culling In a torrent of shots, Lucian unleashes a devastating hail of bullets from his pistols.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Lucian
- Can dodge skills with high mobility.
- Easy to position and re-position in fights.
- Incredibly fun and rewarding when mastered.
- Dominates most lanes and can be a lane bully.
- Remains relevant even in the later stages of games.
- Limited range.
- Not a hyper-carry.
- Can be challenging to play effectively.
- Struggles against tanky opponents.
- It’s a tough climb when behind in the game.
Best Items for Lucian
Now, let’s talk gear. The items you choose can make or break your Lucian experience. Here’s what I recommend:
Liandry’s Anguish: This is the go-to Mythic for Lucian, offering mana, ability haste, and a significant boost to AP. It’s excellent for dealing burn damage in team fights and early trades.
Sorcerer’s Shoes: These boots provide extra penetration and movement speed, crucial for mages like Lucian. Ideal for dealing with tanky team comps, especially when paired with Liandry’s Anguish. If you’re up against heavy crowd control or magic damage, consider Mercury’s Treads for reduced stun duration and enhanced mobility.
Zhonya’s Hourglass: This item offers extra protection against burst champions, providing a lifeline in team fights. It synergizes well with Lucian’s ultimate, Frozen Tomb, helping you stay alive in the heat of battle.
Cosmic Drive: Enhance your mobility and ability haste with this item. It’s perfect for chasing down low-health enemies or escaping threats in a 2v1 scenario.
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter: If you want to slow your enemies, this is the pick. It pairs perfectly with Lucian’s high mobility, allowing you to keep foes at bay. And if you need to hinder enemy healing, consider a Morellonomicon.
Void Staff: Grab this item to cut through heavy magic resistance. It’s a must-have when facing teams with champions building magic resist.
So there you have it, the best gear to make Lucian shine on the Rift.
Best Lanes and Roles for Lucian
Lucian’s versatility knows no bounds. He thrives in different lanes and roles. For instance, in the mid-lane, Lucian excels against champions with shorter ranges, allowing him to bully with his range advantage and maintain strong lane control.
In the bot-lane, Lucian is a top choice across the board. He’s a fighter, and he pairs best with champions who can brawl before reaching level six. Being able to fight early is crucial in a 2v2 bot-lane matchup.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s take a look at Lucian’s stats. He excels in the bot lane against Zeri and Kalista but struggles against Kog’Maw and Ziggs. So, it’s best to avoid these two matchups if you want to secure victory.
Price of Lucian in 2023
As of 2023, Lucian’s price is an affordable 1350 Blue Essence or 585 Riot Points, making him accessible to both seasoned players and newcomers alike.
Now, let’s dive into my personal take on Lucian. This champion is not just cool; he’s downright awesome. Playing Lucian is a blast, and his unique caster-marksman playstyle sets him apart from the crowd. I love the way he’s designed to be played aggressively, making room for some seriously flashy plays.
Sure, he might not be the absolute strongest champion, and his compatibility is limited to a handful of enchanter-type supports, but I still pick him without hesitation. Why? Well, it’s all about the skill ceiling and the ability to outshine in lower ranks.
What makes Lucian stand out is his knack for making picks and providing pseudo-engages for fights. He’s nimble and slippery, making him the perfect champion for those who enjoy a dynamic and stylish gameplay. This guide is your ultimate tool to master Lucian inside out.
Ideally, you should draft Lucian if your team already has sufficient sustained damage or if you’ve got CC setups for quick kills and solid skirmishing power. Lucian thrives in 3v3 and 4v4 skirmishes, particularly during the early game. On the flip side, avoid picking Lucian if your team is all about burst damage or lacks sustained damage and tanks.
Best Guide for Lucian in 2023
For those of you looking for an in-depth guide to master Lucian in 2023, I’ve got a cool resource for you. Check out this comprehensive Lucian guide. It’s packed with tips and strategies to help you make the most of this dynamic champion.
Best Skins for Lucian
Lucian’s got a range of skins to choose from, each with its own style and flair. Here’s a quick rundown of his skins:
- Heartseeker Lucian: A cute skin with heart-shaped gun muzzles, though it might not be the most outstanding option in his lineup, considering its price.
- Striker Lucian: Reasonably priced with a simple character model redesign, perfect for soccer-loving Lucian enthusiasts, but it lacks standout features.
- Pulsefire Lucian: Smooth and well-animated, this skin doesn’t stand out in the futuristic theme and may remind you of other game characters, like Tracer from Overwatch.
- Victorious Lucian: This skin fits Lucian thematically, with clean animations. However, it’s only obtainable as a ranked reward and doesn’t offer a highly distinct theme.
- Hired Gun Lucian: A classic favorite with a Matrix-inspired look, cool shades, and unique backing animations. It’s beloved by long-time Lucian players.
- Demacia Vice Lucian: This skin oozes a Cyberpunk vibe with stylish shades and unique animations, making it stand out for its swag and funky design.
- PROJECT: Lucian: An excellent futuristic choice with a mysterious and hi-tech feel. It offers a robotic look and the typical high-tech vibe of the PROJECT skin line.
- Arcana Lucian: This skin boasts a mix of vampire hunting and vampire aesthetics, featuring a royal yet gunslinger vibe. Its crisp animations are a highlight.
- High Noon Lucian: The ultimate choice for Lucian players, this cowboy-themed skin is packed with detail, including gun-spinning and grave-falling animations, making it a standout favorite despite its higher price.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some intriguing tidbits about Lucian:
- Lucian’s login screen was the first to start with an animated sequence, showing his wife Senna’s soul being dragged into Thresh’s lantern.
- The Culling was the first ability to directly scale with attack speed (until V5.22) and the first to allow firing backward while moving.
- Lucian’s recall references the movie “Equilibrium.”
- His dance is inspired by Revolver Ocelot’s gun spinning from Metal Gear.
- Lucian was the first champion ever to receive a Chroma Pack for his Classic skin.
There you have it, folks! A comprehensive guide to the ever-cool Lucian, designed to keep you at the top of your game. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting, this champion is all about making your League of Legends experience unforgettable. So, grab those relic pistols, hit the Rift, and let the light guide your way to victory!
Who is Lucian in League of Legends?
Lucian is a Sentinel of Light known for his relentless pursuit of undying spirits. His wife’s death at the hands of Thresh fuels his vengeance, and he uses his twin relic pistols to protect the living from the Black Mist.
What are Lucian’s key abilities?
Lucian’s abilities include his passive, Lightslinger, along with Piercing Light, Ardent Blaze, Relentless Pursuit, and The Culling. These abilities make him a versatile and mobile marksman.
What are the pros and cons of playing Lucian?
Pros of playing Lucian include high mobility, rewarding gameplay, and strong laning presence. Cons include limited range and challenges against tanky opponents.
What are the recommended items for Lucian in 2023?
In 2023, recommended items for Lucian include Liandry’s Anguish, Sorcerer’s Shoes or Mercury’s Treads, Zhonya’s Hourglass, Cosmic Drive, Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, and Void Staff, depending on the situation.
Which lanes and roles does Lucian excel in?
Lucian is a versatile champion who can thrive in both mid-lane and bot-lane roles. He excels against champions with shorter ranges and is a strong pick in 2v2 bot-lane matchups for early game fighting.