Miss Fortune Review
Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, we’re diving deep into the world of Miss Fortune, the sassy Bilgewater captain who’s been shaking up the League of Legends scene since her release back in September 2010. What’s got me all fired up about this review is Miss Fortune’s unique charm as both a marksman and a mage, making her a versatile pick for those epic bot lane battles. So, saddle up, because we’re about to set sail on the high seas of gaming adventure!
Aye, let’s start with a bit of Miss Fortune’s backstory. Our gal, Sarah Fortune, may look like a pirate pinup, but don’t let that deceive you. She’s a cunning leader with a tragic past. Witnessing her family’s murder by the infamous reaver king, Gangplank, sent her down a path of vengeance. Sarah’s got the brains to match her beauty, and she’s known for her flirtatious charm, but she’s also fiercely protective of her crew. She’s not just a pretty face; she’s a force to be reckoned with.
Now, let’s get down to brass tacks and talk abilities:
PASSIVE – LOVE TAP: Miss Fortune doesn’t just shoot bullets; she deals bonus physical damage whenever she switches targets. It’s like getting a little extra punch with every attack.
Q – DOUBLE UP: Miss Fortune’s got a handy trick up her sleeve. She can fire a bullet at an enemy, and it’ll hit the one standing right behind them. Talk about double trouble!
W – STRUT: When she’s not taking hits, Miss Fortune gets a nice speed boost. Activate this ability for a burst of attack speed, perfect for melting foes. And the cooldown? Well, her Love Taps can shave off a few precious seconds.
E – MAKE IT RAIN: Miss Fortune makes it pour bullets, dealing damage and slowing enemies in an area. It’s like a storm of pain raining down on your foes.
R – BULLET TIME: This is where the real fun begins. Miss Fortune channels her inner gunslinger, letting loose a barrage of bullets in a cone. The best part? Each wave of Bullet Time can pack a crit punch. It’s a total game-changer in team fights.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, it’s time for my two cents on Miss Fortune’s strengths and weaknesses:
- She’s got great poke, making her a laning powerhouse.
- Her team-fight ultimate, Bullet Time, can turn the tides of battle.
- Miss Fortune dishes out strong burst damage, especially with crit items.
- With her flexible item build, you can adapt to the game’s needs.
- Don’t underestimate her when it comes to securing objectives; she’s a beast at it.
- In the laning phase, she can bully opponents and assert dominance.
- Miss Fortune is a bit squishy, so positioning is key.
- She doesn’t have any dashes, which means she’s vulnerable to ganks.
- Be prepared to cancel your ultimate if it’s interrupted. It’s a bummer when it doesn’t fully go off.
- Her abilities can drain her mana quickly, so manage it wisely.
- Miss Fortune’s base damage isn’t the highest.
- She’s not loaded with crowd control abilities.
Best Items for Champion
Now, you’re probably itching to know what to slap on this pirate queen. Here are some items that I swear by:
Galeforce: This one’s a lifesaver. It gives Miss Fortune a much-needed dash, helping her escape or chase down enemies. Pair it with The Collector for some serious damage potential.
Infinity Edge: If you’re all about big numbers, Infinity Edge is your best bud. It amplifies the damage from your abilities and works wonders with crit builds.
Bloodthirster: The lifesteal from Bloodthirster can keep you going during fights. Double Up and Love Tap activate this effect, making it a great survival tool.
Kraken Slayer: Burst damage galore! It adds extra damage after every third hit, and with your attack speed from Strut and Double Up, it’s a killer combo.
The Collector: Grabbing The Collector can fatten up your gold stash. It helps you hit your power spikes faster, meaning you’ll start dominating your games in no time.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
Miss Fortune is quite the versatile champion. She’s primarily a marksman, perfect for the bottom lane (bot) as an attack damage carry (ADC). With her high burst damage and that devastating Bullet Time, she can turn the tide in your favor during team fights.
Alright, I’ll pause here. If you’re ready for more, just give me the signal to continue, and we’ll delve into Champion Picks and Counter Picks and beyond!
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Here’s where things get interesting. When it comes to the champ’s stats, Miss Fortune tends to shine when facing off against Kog’Maw and Aphelios down in the bot lane. She’s got the upper hand against these foes. However, be forewarned, she’s not too fond of squaring off against Swain and Yasuo. These matchups can turn into a real nightmare, so it’s wise to steer clear of them.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Now, let’s talk business. In 2023, Miss Fortune will cost you 450 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points. It’s a fair deal for such a versatile and exciting champion.
As a gamer who’s seen Miss Fortune in action, here’s my take. She’s a champ that’s both easy to grasp and deadly in the right hands. Her damage output is incredible, making her a great choice for anyone who loves trading blows and securing objectives like turrets, dragons, or Baron Nashor. She’s got that carry potential, which means you can step up and make some epic plays. Plus, she’s a game-changer in team fights.
Best Guide for Miss Fortune in 2023
For those of you eager to learn the ropes and master Miss Fortune’s playstyle, I’ve got a gem of a guide for you in 2023. Check out this guide. It’s got the insights you need to up your game with this fiery pirate.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, who doesn’t love dressing up their champions? Here’s the rundown on some of the best and not-so-great skins for Miss Fortune:
- Lunar Beast Miss Fortune: A cool skin, but it’s exclusive to Wild Rift, leaving regular League players feeling a bit left out.
- Waterloo Miss Fortune: It’s affordable, but it’s nothing to write home about. Miss Fortune looks like a regular captain with an oddly oversized hat.
- Pajama Guardian Miss Fortune: This one feels like a Star Guardian knock-off, but it’s pricier and doesn’t quite match the charm of its counterparts.
- Candy Cane Miss Fortune: Sticks to the base model promise but lacks unique animations. It might feel out of place in the League of Legends universe.
- Cowgirl Miss Fortune: It’s simple and affordable with a fitting cowboy theme, although there are no new animations. It’s a good budget choice.
- Crime City Miss Fortune: This skin gives Miss Fortune a mob boss makeover, complete with a slick suit and fedora. The gun design is a highlight.
- Star Guardian Miss Fortune: While it fits the Star Guardian line, it’s not as appealing as other skins in this price range. The animations feel less exciting, and the guns look like toys.
- Road Warrior Miss Fortune: With a post-apocalyptic theme, this skin offers a unique look but no new animations. A solid pick for fans of the genre.
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune: It’s visually impressive, but the high price tag might make you think twice. It doesn’t offer enough unique features to justify the cost.
- Secret Agent Miss Fortune: This skin blends badass and fanservice elements, transforming Miss Fortune into a femme fatale with a sophisticated look.
- Bewitching Miss Fortune: With a Halloween twist, this skin is creative with unique weapon designs and spooky effects.
- Captain Fortune: A well-executed pirate captain skin with smooth animations that captures the essence of Miss Fortune’s character.
- Pool Party Miss Fortune: A fun, well-polished skin with water-themed animations, a stylish summer look, and a touch of humor.
- Battle Bunny Miss Fortune: It’s random and unique with a bunny theme, offering new animations and fun features like bunny companions and overlays on the ultimate.
- Ruined Miss Fortune: This skin is visually stunning with polished animations. It has a Pirates of the Caribbean vibe, but there might be some lore implications to consider.
- Arcade Miss Fortune: An enduring classic with recognizable splash art, nostalgic animations, and flashy effects that fit the character’s style.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
To wrap things up, here are some neat tricks and fun facts about Miss Fortune:
- Miss Fortune’s name is a clever play on the word “misfortune.”
- Her twin pistols, ‘Shock’ and ‘Awe,’ are named after the eponymous military tactic. They even make an appearance in the game’s Mac version launch trailer alongside a poster of Miss Fortune herself.
- Her ultimate, Bullet Time, is named after the famous motion picture effect and nods to Max Payne.
So, there you have it, my fellow gamers. Miss Fortune is one fierce champion that can lead you to victory on the Rift. Whether you’re new to the game or a seasoned player, she’s definitely one you want in your roster. So, set sail, get those crit items, and make some waves on the battlefield!
Who is Miss Fortune in League of Legends, and what are her abilities?
Miss Fortune is a versatile champion with both marksman and mage qualities. Her abilities include Love Tap (passive), Double Up (Q), Strut (W), Make It Rain (E), and Bullet Time (R).
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Miss Fortune?
Advantages include strong laning presence, a game-changing ultimate (Bullet Time), and flexible item builds. Disadvantages include squishiness, vulnerability to ganks, and mana management.
What are the best items for Miss Fortune in 2023?
Recommended items for Miss Fortune include Galeforce, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, Kraken Slayer, and The Collector to maximize her damage and survivability.
Where is the best lane and role for Miss Fortune?
Miss Fortune excels as an attack damage carry (ADC) in the bottom lane (bot). She is a strong pick for team fights thanks to her ultimate ability, Bullet Time.
What are some of the best and not-so-great skins for Miss Fortune in League of Legends?
Some top skin choices for Miss Fortune include Captain Fortune, Pool Party Miss Fortune, and Battle Bunny Miss Fortune. However, skins like Waterloo and Cowgirl Miss Fortune offer fewer unique features and animations.