Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving deep into the world of League of Legends to explore the enigmatic champion, Jhin. Buckle up, because we’ve got a lot to cover about this high-skill marksman who’s been turning heads since his release in February 2016. Why am I so excited to review this champ? Well, because Jhin is nothing short of amazing! He’s like the Picasso of murder in the League universe.
Let’s kick things off with a taste of Jhin’s twisted lore. Picture this: a meticulous criminal psychopath who believes that murder is an art form. Once imprisoned in Ionia, he’s now free, thanks to some shadowy figures in the ruling council. With his sinister hand cannon, Whisper, Jhin crafts grotesque masterpieces of violence, leaving victims and onlookers utterly horrified.
But here’s the twist – beneath his gruesome theatrics, Jhin’s day-to-day persona is strangely reserved. He’s not the kind of guy who’d stand out in a crowd, and that’s precisely how he likes it. He’s meticulous, obsessed with detail, and always analyzing those around him. Deep down, he’s self-deprecating, yet when he’s performing, he exudes grandiosity and haughtiness. A true enigma, right?
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of Jhin’s abilities:
Passive – Whisper: Jhin’s hand cannon is all about precision. It fires at a fixed rate with just four shots. The final bullet, charged with dark magic, crits and deals bonus execute damage. And guess what? Every time Whisper crits, Jhin gets a burst of move speed. Talk about style!
Q – Dancing Grenade: Jhin hurls a magical cartridge at an enemy, bouncing to up to four targets and gaining more damage with each kill. It’s like a deadly game of hot potato.
W – Deadly Flourish: Jhin whips out his cane and fires a single, long-range shot that pierces through minions and monsters. If it hits a champion who’s been recently damaged by Jhin or his allies, or caught in lotus traps, it roots them. Ouch!
E – Captive Audience: Jhin lays down invisible lotus traps that slow and explode when enemies step on them. Plus, when he snuffs out an enemy champion, a lotus trap blooms near their lifeless body. Creepy, right?
R – Curtain Call: Jhin goes all out, transforming Whisper into a mega-cannon on his shoulder. He fires four super shots that pierce through everything, crippling enemies with slows and execute damage. That fourth shot? It’s the pièce de résistance, always landing as a critical strike.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- Jhin’s got some serious long-range poke.
- That fourth shot always crits, bringing the pain.
- He scales like a champ, dealing massive damage late game.
- When he crits, his kiting game is on point.
- High damage output – Jhin is a true killer artist.
- Early on, Jhin’s mobility is pretty low.
- During those reloads, he’s a sitting duck.
- Gap closers can ruin his day.
- Skillshots, folks. You’ve got to land them.
Best Items for Jhin
Alright, now let’s talk gear for our favorite psychopathic artist. Jhin needs some top-notch items to shine:
Death’s Dance: When you crave lifesteal and survivability, this one’s your jam. It delays burst damage, letting you stay in the fight longer. Pair it up with Ninja Tabi and Phantom Dancer for some sweet synergy.
Mercurial Scimitar: Need lifesteal, magic resist, and an escape from CC? Look no further. It also grants a handy 50% movement speed buff for a quick getaway. Start with Quicksilver Sash for max utility.
Bloodthirster: With 20% lifesteal and Jhin’s sky-high AD, this is a must-have. Plus, it gives you a shield when you overheal, adding extra survivability.
Phantom Dancer: This cost-effective anti-burst item is your go-to. It shields you when you’re low on health and boosts your movement speed. Perfect for kiting and staying alive.
Statikk Shiv: This one’s a real game-changer when paired with Stormrazor. It’s all about multi-slows in teamfights. A solid aggressive choice for your fourth crit item.
Best Lanes and Roles for Jhin
Now, let’s talk about where Jhin shines brightest. In my humble opinion, Jhin is meant to dominate the mid lane. Sure, you might see him as an ADC, and that’s understandable, but mid is where he truly thrives. Top lane? Nah, that’s a bad idea. Jungle? Probably not, he needs a lane to strut his stuff.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Alright, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of matchups. Here’s the lowdown on who Jhin excels against and who gives him nightmares:
- Winning Bot Lane Against: Zeri and Jinx. These two are no match for Jhin’s precise artistry.
- Nightmares Facing: Seraphine and Swain. These two are Jhin’s worst enemies. It’s best to avoid them like the plague.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Before we move on, let’s talk about the cost of adding Jhin to your champion roster in 2023. You can grab him for 4444 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. Make your choice wisely!
Now, let’s switch gears a bit and talk about my personal feedback on Jhin. This champ packs some serious single-target burst damage. And remember, every crit grants you extra movement speed, so keep those bullets flying.
But here’s the catch – Jhin is no walk in the park. He’s a tough nut to crack. You can’t last-hit with basics while you’re reloading, so you’ll have to rely on spells, like Dancing Grenade, to farm during these moments. And speaking of reloading, Jhin’s got no mobility to speak of, except for his basic attacks’ critical strikes. That makes him an easy target for those with gap-closers. So, be cautious out there on the Rift.
Best Guide for Jhin in 2023
For those of you eager to master Jhin, I’ve got a fantastic guide for you to check out in 2023. Head over to this guide for all the tips and tricks you need to become a true Jhin virtuoso.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk about Jhin’s wardrobe. He’s got some skins that are as intriguing as his personality:
- SKT T1 Jhin: This skin’s character model and animations are impressive, but it might not capture Jhin’s psychopathic essence for some fans. Minor details like the dance animation and the wings during the ult could be better.
- DWG Jhin: This one has a unique and somewhat terrifying design with a more human-like appearance. The animations and particles are well-done, offering a distinct experience.
- High Noon Jhin: If you’re into the cowboy theme, this skin is for you. It features detailed bullet-themed auto-attacks and a crosshair-like W mark. It’s a bit lower on the list due to its more conventional theme, though.
- Shan Hai Scrolls Jhin: This skin wows with impeccable sound design, making you feel like you’re both meditating and assassinating enemies. Visually, it boasts vibrant and fiery particles, even though the character model might not be as striking.
- PROJECT: Jhin: Surprisingly, this skin manages to capture Jhin’s insanity within the PROJECT theme. It features a recognizable yet cyborg-like character model and offers hologram-like particles. The ult experience is especially engaging.
- Blood Moon Jhin: Loved by some, debated by others, this skin rocks a demon mask, a black-red color scheme, and ink splatter effects. It fits Jhin’s artistic theme and character fantasy pretty well.
- Dark Cosmic Jhin: Widely praised as the best Jhin skin, Dark Cosmic Jhin is a masterpiece. It features an artful character model with four arms, telekinesis, and a black hole-themed E. It offers a unique and captivating experience.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
And finally, let’s wrap this up with some fun tidbits about Jhin:
- Jhin’s German title, “Der Virtuose,” is the male counterpart to Sona’s title, “Die Virtuosin.”
- His dance references the Lezginka dance.
- Jhin is the first champion who doesn’t appear in his own Splash Art.
- He’s the second champion with a Loading screen and Portrait icon that doesn’t focus on the actual champion, instead, it’s all about the mirror image.
- Always keep an eye on your ammo count during fights. Committing when you’re low on bullets is a recipe for disaster.
- Don’t forget to use your fourth shot on an enemy champion for massive damage.
- When casting your Ultimate, Curtain Call (R), make sure you’re in a safe position. The enemy can’t catch you or kill you while you’re channeling your inner artist.
So there you have it, folks! Jhin, the meticulous murderer with a penchant for the dramatic. Whether you’re intrigued by his lore, considering his build, or just looking for some interesting facts, Jhin has something for everyone on the Rift. Happy hunting, and may your bullets always find their mark!
Who is Jhin in League of Legends, and what makes him unique?
Jhin is a champion known for his meticulous and artistic approach to murder. He wields a hand cannon called Whisper, which fires four shots, with the fourth shot being a critical hit. He excels at long-range poking and deals massive damage late game.
What are Jhin’s strengths and weaknesses as a champion?
Jhin’s pros include high damage output, long-range poke, and late-game scaling. However, he has low early-game mobility, vulnerability during reloads, and struggles against champions with gap-closers.
What are the best items for Jhin in 2023?
Key items for Jhin include Death’s Dance for lifesteal and survivability, Mercurial Scimitar for crowd control removal, Bloodthirster for lifesteal and a shield, Phantom Dancer for kiting, and Statikk Shiv for multi-slows when paired with Stormrazor.
Where is Jhin best suited to play in League of Legends?
Jhin is most effective in the mid lane due to his long-range abilities and dominance. While he can be played as an ADC, the mid lane is where he truly shines. Avoid top lane and jungle roles for Jhin.
Which champions does Jhin excel against, and who are his toughest opponents?
Jhin excels against champions like Zeri and Jinx in the bot lane. His toughest matchups include Seraphine and Swain. Choosing your battles wisely is crucial when playing as Jhin.