Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, I’m diving into the enchanting world of Lulu, the yordle mage who can bend reality itself to her whims. Lulu is a champion that’s been captivating our hearts since her release on March 20, 2012, and she’s a force to be reckoned with in the support role. As a dedicated support main, I’ve spent countless hours with Lulu, and she’s easily become my all-time favorite champion. Stick around as we explore everything you need to know about this magical support in the world of League of Legends.
Let’s kick things off by delving into the whimsical lore of Lulu. This yordle mage is all about creating dreamlike illusions and whimsical creatures as she explores Runeterra with her trusty fairy companion, Pix. Lulu doesn’t see the constraints of the mundane world like the rest of us do; instead, she bends reality and weaves her enchanting magic into everything she touches. While some may consider her powers unnatural or even dangerous, she believes that a touch of enchantment can make the world a better place. With her lilac skin, olive-green eyes, and vibrant attire, Lulu is as distinctive in appearance as she is in personality.
Lulu’s kit is nothing short of enchanting, and it’s what makes her a standout support in League of Legends. Here’s a quick rundown of her abilities:
- Passive – Pix, Faerie Companion: Pix fires magical bolts of energy when following an ally’s attacks.
- Q – Glitterlance: Lulu and Pix fire magical energy bolts that deal damage and slow down all enemies hit.
- W – Whimsy: Cast on an ally for Attack Speed and Move Speed boosts, or cast on an enemy to turn them into an adorable critter who can’t attack or cast spells.
- E – Help, Pix!: Cast on an ally to shield them and command Pix to aid their attacks, or cast on an enemy to damage them and gain vision.
- R – Wild Growth: Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking nearby enemies into the air and granting bonus health. The ally also gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Here’s the scoop on Lulu’s strengths and weaknesses from my perspective:
- She synergizes wonderfully with hyper carries, making her an excellent choice for protecting those damage-dealing beasts on your team.
- Assassins despise her due to her kit designed to thwart their plans, and her laugh alone can tilt enemies (and maybe even your own teammates).
- Lulu can’t engage fights herself, so you’ll need a more aggressive team comp to initiate battles.
- Her lack of range and vulnerability to poke can make early laning a bit challenging.
Best Items for Lulu
When it comes to itemizing Lulu, there are a few essential choices that can truly amplify her power in the game:
Shard of True Ice: This item is a must for the mana regen it provides, something that other support items lack. Pix, Faerie Companion can potentially give you two stacks per auto-attack, making this a strong choice.
Chemtech Putrifier: Grab this item as your third item after the chemtech changes. It no longer provides anti-heal when healing or shielding an ally. Prioritize it over Oblivion Orb, especially if your team isn’t building anti-heal early.
Mikael’s Blessing: This is a solid option if the enemy team has a lot of crowd control. Consider buying it as your first item if the enemy botlane relies on CC for engages.
Best Lanes and Roles for Lulu
Lulu is undeniably one of the most iconic and beloved enchanter supports in League of Legends history. Her unique crowd control and shielding abilities make her an ideal pick for those who want to empower their team’s carries. She shines the brightest as a support, where she can protect her allies and amplify their effectiveness.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s talk about the champion’s strengths and weaknesses when it comes to facing off against other champions. Lulu excels in specific matchups, and there are some champions she’s better off avoiding.
Lulu reigns supreme in lane against champions like Swain and Pantheon, thanks to her ability to control and protect her ADC. However, she faces a tough challenge when up against Senna and Taric. These two champions can give her a hard time, so it’s wise to think twice before locking Lulu in against them.
Price of this Champion in 2023
If you’re looking to unlock Lulu in 2023, you’ll need to shell out 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. It’s a reasonable price for a champion with so much utility and enchantment up her sleeves.
As a dedicated support player, I can’t help but sing praises for Lulu. She may not be the flashiest champion on the Rift, but she’s an incredibly safe pick. Her utility and scaling are nothing short of impressive, and her self-peel capabilities ensure that you’re always a tough nut to crack.
What sets Lulu apart is her simplicity and effectiveness. She’s perhaps the easiest enchanter to pick up and play at a passable level, making her a fantastic choice for newer players. In lower ELOs, you can rely on your allies to take full advantage of Lulu’s kit.
Lulu is the queen of buffs. No other support can empower a carry like she can, particularly when it comes to ADCs. If you’re playing with a skilled duo, you’ll see her kit shine as it’s used to its maximum potential.
However, Lulu’s popularity can sometimes work against her. Many Lulu players are average at best and heavily rely on their teammates to carry the game. This can lead to some less-than-stellar experiences in lower ELOs.
Best Guide for Lulu in 2023
If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to master Lulu in 2023, I’ve got the perfect resource for you. Check out this fantastic guide. It’s chock-full of tips, tricks, and strategies to make you a Lulu pro in no time.
Best Skins for this Champion
Lulu boasts an array of skins, but not all of them are created equal. Here’s a quick rundown of her best and not-so-great skin choices:
- Bittersweet Lulu: While the splash art may look scary, the skin’s character model and wand leave a bit to be desired, making it a questionable choice.
- Wicked Lulu: This skin swaps colors and doesn’t do much to evoke an evil theme, making it a somewhat lackluster choice.
- Winter Wonder Lulu: While it offers a classic ice mage fantasy, its age shows in similar particles and a lack of polish compared to newer skins.
- Dragon Trainer Lulu: The character model is well-detailed, but animations remain identical to the base skin, which feels lacking given the premium price.
- Pool Party Lulu: With its hat and water-based abilities, this skin provides a fun and taunting appearance, making it ideal for tilting opponents.
- Space Groove Lulu: This skin’s unique futuristic design and groovy abilities offer a fresh look, with sound design that adds to the fun.
- Star Guardian Lulu: A bright, colorful skin with extra particles, transforming abilities, and a fun, whimsical theme, making it a must-have for fans of the Star Guardian line.
- Pajama Guardian Lulu: Essentially a reimagining of Star Guardian Lulu in pajamas, this skin captures the charm of the original with a cozy twist.
- Cosmic Enchantress Lulu: This skin strikes a balance between cuteness and seriousness, offering a powerful sorceress appearance with celestial particles and a unique Pix companion.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap things up, here are some cool tricks and interesting tidbits about Lulu:
- Lulu was the last champion to release with two skins alongside her classic one.
- Her abilities are unique in the game as they can affect herself, allies, and enemies.
- Lulu’s abilities grant buffs and debuffs based on whether the target is an ally or an enemy.
- If you use “Help, Pix!” on an enemy, they’ll receive a debuff reading “Hey! Listen!” – a cheeky reference to Navi from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
And there you have it, folks – a comprehensive guide to the enchanting world of Lulu. Whether you’re a seasoned support player or looking to try her out for the first time, she’s a champion that brings magic and whimsy to the Summoner’s Rift. So go ahead, pick Lulu, and make your team’s dreams come true!
Who is Lulu in League of Legends?
Lulu is a yordle mage known for her ability to create dreamlike illusions and enchanting creatures, accompanied by her fairy companion, Pix. She’s a support champion who can bend reality and has been captivating players since her release in 2012.
What are Lulu’s abilities and strengths?
Lulu’s abilities include Pix, Faerie Companion (passive), Glitterlance (Q), Whimsy (W), Help, Pix! (E), and Wild Growth (R). She excels at protecting hyper carries and countering assassins. Her abilities provide crowd control and shielding, making her a strong support pick.
What are the best items for Lulu in 2023?
Key items for Lulu include Shard of True Ice for mana regen, Chemtech Putrifier for anti-heal, and Mikael’s Blessing for crowd control mitigation. These items enhance her utility and effectiveness in the support role.
What are Lulu’s best and worst skins?
Some of Lulu’s best skins include Star Guardian Lulu, Cosmic Enchantress Lulu, and Pool Party Lulu. On the other hand, skins like Wicked Lulu and Winter Wonder Lulu may not be as visually appealing or unique.
What are some interesting facts about Lulu in League of Legends?
Lulu was the last champion to release with two skins alongside her classic one. Her abilities can affect allies and enemies differently, providing buffs and debuffs. Using “Help, Pix!” on an enemy results in a cheeky reference to Navi from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the debuff “Hey! Listen!”