Let’s dive right into the world of League of Legends and take a closer look at the clockwork marvel, Orianna. This iconic champion was released back on June 1, 2011, and belongs to the Burst class. Orianna is a masterful manipulator in the middle lane. So, why am I eager to review this champion, you ask? Well, Orianna is not your typical early-game powerhouse, but she has a kit that’s perfect for outplaying your foes and causing chaos on the Rift.
Once a flesh-and-blood girl, Orianna is now a stunning marvel of clockwork engineering. Her transformation was necessitated by a devastating accident in the underbelly of Zaun. Her body deteriorated, but piece by piece, it was replaced with exquisite clockwork artifice. With her hextech heart encased in an extraordinary brass orb, Orianna now embarks on journeys to explore Piltover and beyond. Her character is a blend of helpfulness and altruism, driven by a relentless desire to aid others. Even as she detached from her humanity, she retained her love for crafting. In a poignant act, she transplanted her own heart into her father. Now, as a fully robotic being, Orianna seeks her place in a world where she holds onto her human memories.
Orianna’s abilities are a testament to her unique playstyle:
- Passive – Clockwork Windup: Orianna’s auto-attacks deal additional magic damage, which escalates with successive attacks on the same target.
- Q – Command: Attack: She commands her Ball to shoot towards a location, dealing magic damage to anything it touches. The Ball remains at the destination after impact.
- W – Command: Dissonance: Orianna instructs her Ball to emit an energy pulse, dealing magic damage in its vicinity. This also leaves behind a field that accelerates her allies and hinders her enemies.
- E – Command: Protect: The Ball attaches to an allied champion, shielding them and dealing magic damage to enemies it passes through. Additionally, the Ball grants extra Armor and Magic Resist to the champion it’s attached to.
- R – Command: Shockwave: Orianna commands her Ball to unleash a shockwave, causing magic damage and flinging nearby enemies toward the Ball after a short delay.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Orianna
Let’s break down the pros and cons:
- Orianna boasts the best defensive shield in the game.
- She provides powerful anti-melee peel, ideal for protecting your carries.
- Her early game poke is strong, and her Ball offers undeniable vision.
- She’s a speedy champ, making her elusive and hard to catch.
- Orianna can easily amass assists, ensuring a steady gold income.
- Her teamfight damage is relatively low.
- Waveclear is a weak point for her.
- Orianna’s lane presence takes a hit after reaching level 5.
- She can be excessively mana-hungry during the mid-game.
- Her only hard-CC ability is tough to aim and not guaranteed to hit.
Best Items for Orianna
To maximize Orianna’s potential, consider these items:
Sorcerer’s Shoes: These shoes offer increased magic penetration, allowing you to deal more damage to squishy opponents.
Luden’s Echo: A core item for Orianna, it provides burst damage, a significant amount of AP, and lowers ability cooldowns.
Zhonya’s Hourglass: This item lets you negate all damage for 2.5 seconds, making it invaluable against assassins.
Rabadon’s Deathcap: Amplifying your ability power by 35%, this item greatly enhances your burst potential.
Morellonomicon: It’s a fantastic choice against healers, providing grievous wounds and a substantial AP boost.
Void Staff: This item is essential when the enemy team is stacking magic resist, offering 40% magic penetration.
Best Lanes and Roles for Orianna
You’ll most often find Orianna dominating the mid lane. There are some solid reasons for this choice. Orianna lacks mobility, meaning she doesn’t possess dashes or jumps, and her crowd control abilities don’t become available until level 6. This makes her a prime target for ganks. Moreover, the mid lane is shorter than the top lane, making it less risky for Orianna to push her lane, reducing vulnerability to ganks.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s take a look at Orianna’s stats in terms of champion matchups. She excels in the mid lane when facing off against LeBlanc and Pantheon, but beware of Kassadin and Aurelion Sol as they can pose a significant challenge.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, Orianna can be purchased for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points, which makes her a fairly affordable option compared to some of the newer champions in League of Legends.
Playing as Orianna is a delightful experience. Her laning phase is strong and safe, making her a solid blind pick. She can handle most opponents and offers a blend of utility, scaling, and AP damage as the game progresses. The unique mechanics associated with controlling The Ball add a layer of depth to her playstyle. Pulling off those game-changing, 5-man Shockwaves is a truly satisfying experience.
Orianna shines in competitive 5v5 play due to her exceptional teamfight presence. However, she’s equally capable in Solo Queue. The lack of communication can work to your advantage, catching opponents off guard in team fights. Orianna’s versatility is her greatest strength, whether you need to play offensively or defensively.
Best Guide for Orianna in 2023
If you’re looking for the ultimate guide to master Orianna in 2023, I recommend checking out this fantastic guide. It’s packed with valuable insights and strategies to help you become a pro at playing Orianna.
Best Skins for Orianna
When it comes to skins for Orianna, there’s a variety to choose from. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Sewn Chaos Orianna: It’s affordable but may not appeal to everyone due to a somewhat cluttered in-game model.
- Gothic Orianna: This skin lacks new animations or particles, making it a bit underwhelming.
- TPA Orianna: While it offers some minor changes, it’s primarily suited for esports fans.
- Bladecraft Orianna: This skin is the most expensive but offers a decent model redesign.
- Heartseeker Orianna: It features new animations but might appear somewhat too human and with underwhelming abilities.
- Victorious Orianna: This skin is a mixed bag due to its character model but excels in other aspects.
- Orbeeanna: A cute bee-themed skin with intricate model design, though some animations might be less clear.
- Pool Party Orianna: It’s a fun water-themed skin with cool animations and abilities.
- Dark Star Orianna: This skin has a huge “wow” factor, making Orianna look godly.
- Winter Wonder Orianna: It offers great value, with a doll-like character model and new animations.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some fun tidbits about Orianna:
- Orianna was the last champion priced lower than 6300 IP on release.
- The term “Clockwork Winding” is a reference to the gear mechanism used in her abilities.
- You can spot multiple miniature copies of The Ball on Corporate Mundo’s desk in the game’s Mac Version trailer.
- In the now-removed official League of Legends forums, the icon of Command: Shockwave was used to represent the “Forum Games” section.
So, there you have it – an extensive guide to Orianna, the clockwork queen of League of Legends. Whether you’re a seasoned summoner or just starting out, Orianna offers a unique and rewarding experience. Give her a try, and you might just find yourself mastering the art of clockwork chaos on the Rift.
Who is Orianna in League of Legends?
Orianna is a champion in League of Legends, released in 2011, known for her clockwork-themed abilities. She excels in the mid lane and has a unique kit that offers both offensive and defensive capabilities.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Orianna?
Pros: Orianna has a strong defensive shield, anti-melee abilities, and early-game poke. She is elusive and provides consistent gold income through assists.
Cons: Her teamfight damage is relatively low, waveclear is weak, and her lane presence decreases after level 5. Orianna can also suffer from mana issues in the mid-game.
What are the best items for Orianna in 2023?
Recommended items for Orianna include Sorcerer’s Shoes, Luden’s Echo, Zhonya’s Hourglass, Rabadon’s Deathcap, Morellonomicon, and Void Staff. These items enhance her damage, survivability, and utility.
Where is the best lane for Orianna in League of Legends?
Orianna is most commonly played in the mid lane. This choice is due to her lack of mobility, making her vulnerable to ganks, and the shorter lane, which reduces her exposure to enemy junglers.
What are some interesting facts about Orianna in League of Legends?
Orianna was the last champion released at a lower IP cost. Her abilities are inspired by clockwork mechanisms, and there are Easter eggs related to her in the game. For example, her shockwave ability icon was used in the official forums, and miniature copies of her ball appear on Corporate Mundo’s desk in the Mac Version trailer.