Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the mystical world of League of Legends to unravel the secrets behind the powerful champion known as Azir. If you haven’t already heard of this majestic ruler, get ready for a gaming experience like no other. Azir made his debut in the League on September 16, 2014, and he belongs to the Specialist class, primarily dominating the Middle lane. So, let’s embark on this adventure to uncover the lore, abilities, strategies, and everything else that makes Azir a must-try champion in 2023.
Azir’s tale is a captivating one. Picture this: he was once a mortal emperor of Shurima, an ancient empire in a long-forgotten era. His hunger for power and immortality ultimately led to his betrayal and murder just as he was about to achieve his greatest triumph. But here’s the twist: millennia later, Azir returns as an Ascended being of unparalleled might. With his lost city rising from the sands, his grand mission is to resurrect Shurima to its former glory.
While Azir might come off as a bit arrogant and bossy, his intentions to restore Shurima’s glory aren’t entirely self-serving. In fact, he harbors a noble desire to abolish slavery and aid the less fortunate. There’s a softer side to this powerful ruler, as seen when he saved Sivir’s life.
Azir himself is a sight to behold. Picture a tall, humanoid figure with features reminiscent of a majestic falcon. His golden falcon head gleams with sapphire-like blue eyes, and he dons ancient Shuriman armor adorned with red ribbons, accentuated by a white cape. In his human days, Azir had a brown complexion, was stocky, and sported long dreadlocks, truly embodying the regal aesthetic.
Azir’s abilities are nothing short of impressive:
- Passive – Shurima’s Legacy: Azir can summon the Disc of the Sun from the ruins of allied or enemy turrets.
- Q – Conquering Sands: Azir sends all Sand Soldiers toward a location, dealing magic damage and applying a slow to enemies they pass through.
- W – Arise!: Azir summons a Sand Soldier to attack nearby targets, replacing his basic attack within the soldier’s range. Their attacks deal magic damage in a line and passively grant Azir and his Sand Soldiers attack speed.
- E – Shifting Sands: Azir briefly shields himself and dashes to one of his Sand Soldiers, damaging enemies. If he hits an enemy champion, he readies a new Sand Soldier for deployment and halts his dash.
- R – Emperor’s Divide: Azir summons a wall of soldiers that charge forward, knocking back and damaging enemies.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s dive into what makes Azir shine and where he might fall short, in my humble opinion.
- Insane solo carry potential
- Safe and oppressive laning phase
- Strong in mid and late game
- Versatile in Top, Mid, and even ADC roles
- Incredible damage output
- Excels in teamfights
- Extremely fun to play
- Not many bad matchups
- Allows for flashy, montage-worthy plays
- Low early-game damage
- High skill cap; challenging to master
- Vulnerable to early-game ganks
- Tricky last hitting
- Even trickier last hitting under the tower
- Demands precise positioning
- Squishy in nature
- Did I mention he’s challenging to master?
Best Items for Azir
Now, let’s gear up Azir for success. In my opinion, here’s a rundown of the best items for this champion:
- Doran’s Ring. It helps with last hitting, a struggle Azir faces early game, and improves his less-than-stellar mana regen. Pair it with 2 Health Potions.
- Lost Chapter. This item is a game-changer, providing much-needed mana and ability haste for Azir’s weak early laning phase.
- Dark Seal. Grab this if you reset early or get first blood. It can later evolve into Mejai’s Soulstealer for some epic snowballing.
- Refillable Potion. Perfect for early resets when you can’t afford Boots or Dark Seal.
- Consider Liandry’s Anguish against tanky teams and Luden’s Tempest for squishier foes. Crown of the Shattered Queen is also a viable option against dive-heavy compositions.
Best Lanes and Roles for Azir
Now, let’s explore the different lanes and roles where Azir truly shines. While he’s commonly associated with the Mid lane, he can flex his feathers in various positions.
- Mid Lane Mastery: Azir is a force to be reckoned with in the Mid lane. His long-range poke, strong wave clear, and crowd control abilities make him a formidable foe for any mid laner. He can dominate the lane, control objectives, and carry his team to victory.
- Bot Lane Bullying: Surprisingly, Azir can venture into the Bottom lane as well. He excels as a counter pick against low-ranged champions, using his superior range and Sand Soldiers (W and Q) to bully opponents. Lowering enemy health with basic attacks creates opportunities for your Jungler to swoop in and secure kills.
- Top Lane Tenacity: Azir in the Top lane can be exhilarating but requires careful play. With a range advantage over most top laners, he can effectively bully opponents. However, mana management becomes crucial as the top lane is longer, making returns to base less frequent. Be cautious of champions like Tryndamere, who can tower dive easily and heal up your poke damage.
In essence, Azir is versatile and can thrive in different lanes, but be prepared to adapt your playstyle and strategies depending on the position you choose.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Understanding Azir’s strengths and weaknesses against other champions can be pivotal in your League of Legends journey. In my experience, Azir has favorable matchups against champions like Azir and Diana, thanks to his ability to control the lane.
On the flip side, Anivia and Lux are Azir’s worst nightmares. Facing them can be a real challenge, so it’s often best to steer clear of these matchups to avoid undue frustration.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Now, let’s talk numbers. In 2023, Azir is available for purchase in the League of Legends store. You can unlock this powerful ruler using Blue Essence (BE) for 4800 BE or Riot Points (RP) for 880 RP. So, whether you’re grinding in-game currency or opting for a more direct route, Azir is well within reach for your champion pool.
Alright, it’s time for some real talk from a gamer’s perspective. Azir is undeniably one of the most exhilarating champions you can pick in League of Legends. His damage potential is off the charts, and his ability to carry a team to victory is nothing short of incredible. But here’s the catch: Azir isn’t your run-of-the-mill champion; he’s incredibly challenging to learn and master.
If you’re diving into the world of Azir, be prepared for a steep learning curve. It’ll take you countless games to truly get the hang of his mechanics and maximize his potential. Azir top can be fun, but it’s like playing the game on hardcore mode. You’ll need to master minion control and be mindful of your mana usage.
On top of that, Azir is a high-skill champion, making him vulnerable to certain picks and early ganks. Champions like Aatrox or Renekton can make your life miserable, and you’ll find yourself susceptible to jungle-top combos.
If you’re up for the challenge, Azir is an absolute blast to play. Just remember to practice, practice, practice!
Best Guide for Azir in 2023
Looking for the ultimate guide to mastering Azir in 2023? I’ve got you covered. Check out this guide. Azir is a champ that offers endless possibilities for outplay in every situation. His complexity is what makes him truly unique, and there’s always room to elevate your game.
Best Skins for Azir
Now, let’s talk style! Azir has some fantastic skins that not only make him look cool but also add a dash of flair to your gameplay. Here are some of the best skins for Azir:
- SKT T1 Azir: If you’re a fan of pro play, this skin pays tribute to SKT T1 with a modern and colorful design.
- Galactic Azir: Released in 2014, this skin flaunts a galactic theme with a mesmerizing blue and purple color scheme.
- Gravelord Azir: Unleashed in 2015, this skin brings Skyrim Dragon Priests to mind with its imposing base model.
- Warring Kingdoms Azir: Released in 2017, this skin channels Azir’s leadership role with its commander-themed design.
- Elderwood Azir: In 2020, Azir received this mystical skin, complete with eerie soldier designs and a haunting passive turret.
Azir’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap things up, here are some fascinating tidbits about Azir:
- Azir is the first champion to have his first ability point restricted to a single one (Arise!) since it’s required for the other two abilities to function.
- He’s the second champion unable to rank up a basic ability at Level 1, with the first being Zilean.
- Azir’s “Shurima’s Legacy” may be a nod to the Egyptian solar disc god Aten, known for emanating rays of light with hands, and the titular god of a short-lived monotheistic religion.
So there you have it, fellow gamers! Azir, the Ascended emperor, brings a unique blend of challenge and excitement to League of Legends in 2023. Whether you’re a Mid laner, ADC enthusiast, or just looking for a thrilling gaming experience, Azir has something to offer. Dive into the world of Shurima and unleash the power of the Ascended!
Who is Azir in League of Legends?
Azir is a champion in League of Legends who was once a mortal emperor of Shurima but returns as an Ascended being with the goal of resurrecting his lost city and abolishing slavery.
What are Azir’s abilities?
Azir’s abilities include a passive that lets him summon the Disc of the Sun, Conquering Sands (Q) for ranged attacks, Arise! (W) to summon Sand Soldiers, Shifting Sands (E) for mobility, and Emperor’s Divide (R) to create a wall of soldiers.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Azir?
Pros of playing Azir include strong late-game potential, versatility in different roles, and incredible damage output. Cons include a challenging learning curve, vulnerability to early ganks, and the need for precise positioning.
What are the best items for Azir in 2023?
Recommended items for Azir include Doran’s Ring, Lost Chapter, Dark Seal, Refillable Potion, and mythic items like Liandry’s Anguish, Luden’s Tempest, or Crown of the Shattered Queen depending on the situation
Where can Azir be played, and who are his favorable and unfavorable matchups?
Azir can be played in the Mid, Bot, or Top lane. He excels in the Mid lane but can counter low-ranged champions in the Bot lane. Favorable matchups include Azir and Diana, while unfavorable ones are Anivia and Lux.