Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends to talk about the enigmatic champion, Diana. She’s been around since 2012 and has made her mark as an Assassin/Fighter who dominates in the Jungle and Middle lanes. But there’s more to her than meets the eye, and we’ll uncover all the secrets, from her lore to her abilities and everything in between.
Picture this: Diana, wielding her crescent moonblade, fights as a warrior of the Lunari, a faith suppressed in the shadow of Mount Targon. Clad in armor that glistens like the midnight snow, she’s practically the embodiment of the silver moon’s power. But here’s the twist – Diana’s no longer entirely human. She’s become an Aspect, connected to a force beyond the towering summit of Targon. Her journey has been one of self-discovery and grappling with her newfound powers.
Speaking of her past, Diana had a rebellious streak and a fascination with the moon and the Lunari tribe, despised by the Solari. Her closest ally and confidant was Leona, whom she eventually fell in love with. But as the Aspect of the Moon, Diana tried to convince Leona to leave Mount Targon, leading to a fierce battle. Diana still hopes for reconciliation between the Solari and Lunari, even as she continues to guide her people. Her unresolved feelings for Leona add a layer of complexity to her character.
Diana’s kit is a mix of celestial and martial prowess:
- Passive – Moonsilver Blade: Every third strike cleaves nearby enemies, dealing additional magic damage. After casting a spell, Diana gains Attack Speed for her next 3 attacks.
- Q – Crescent Strike: Unleashes a bolt of lunar energy, dealing magic damage and revealing enemies if they’re not stealthed for 3 seconds.
- W – Pale Cascade: Diana creates three spheres that explode on contact with enemies, dealing damage and granting her a temporary shield. The third sphere’s explosion strengthens the shield.
- E – Lunar Rush: This ability turns Diana into the vengeful moon, dashing to an enemy and dealing magic damage. It has no cooldown when used on a Moonlit target but removes the Moonlight debuff from others.
- R – Moonfall: Diana draws in and slows nearby enemies. If she pulls in one or more enemy champions, the moonlight crashes down, dealing increased magic damage.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Diana
In my humble opinion:
- She’s an excellent assassin with burst damage from her Q and Ult.
- Diana can initiate fights and catch opponents off guard.
- Her Q provides vision, a handy tool for tracking foes.
- She’s versatile enough to serve as a mage tank if needed.
- Going full offense makes her vulnerable.
- Lack of a reliable escape tool (Flash is crucial).
- Vulnerable in the early game against some jungle matchups.
- Her full burst potential kicks in at level 6.
Best Items for Diana
Alright, gamers, here’s where the real fun begins. When it comes to gearing up Diana, these items are top-notch:
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter: A must-have for sustain, HP, AP, and a slowing effect. Great for surviving and dealing damage.
Nashor’s Tooth: Attack speed, AP, and CDR plus bonus damage based on your AP. Synergizes beautifully with Diana’s kit, especially her cleave.
Lich Bane: Essential for Diana’s burst potential. Q, R, and an auto-attack combo can obliterate squishy targets.
Rabadon’s Deathcap: The go-to for AP champions. This item cranks up Diana’s burst damage to new heights.
And there you have it, a peek into the world of Diana’s abilities and what gear suits her best. But wait, there’s more to explore! Want to know where Diana thrives and who she counters? We’ve got you covered in the next sections.
Best Lanes and Roles for Diana
Diana is a versatile champion who can excel in various roles and lanes. Here’s the scoop:
In the early game, Diana has solid 1v1 potential, which makes her a formidable presence in the jungle. She can often secure early leads by dueling enemy junglers effectively. Once she completes her Mythic item, her 1v1 power becomes even more fearsome. Don’t hesitate to take on the enemy jungler if you have a level and item advantage.
Diana shines as an assassin in the mid-game. Her burst damage is off the charts, making her a menace to squishy targets wandering the map alone. Sneak up on unsuspecting foes and watch them disappear in a flurry of moonlit fury. Her ability to ambush enemy supports as they try to ward objectives is particularly noteworthy.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s talk strategy. Diana can hold her own against some champions while struggling against others. Here are a few insights:
Diana is a strong pick in the jungle when facing champions like Zed and Wukong. Her kit allows her to outduel them and secure objectives effectively.
However, she faces a tougher time against champions like Briar and Taliyah, who can pose significant challenges. It’s best to avoid these matchups to increase your chances of success.
Price of Diana in 2023
You might be wondering how much it costs to add Diana to your champion roster in 2023. Well, the good news is that she’s quite affordable:
- Blue Essence (BE): 450 BE
- Riot Points (RP): 260 RP
Diana doesn’t break the bank, making her an accessible choice for those looking to master her moonlit abilities.
As a fellow gamer, I’ve delved into Diana’s lore and gameplay, and here are my thoughts:
The lore surrounding Diana, especially her relationship with Leona, adds depth to her character. I appreciate the development of their connection, although I’d love to see more exploration of the consequences of their separation. It’s a gripping storyline that has plenty of untapped potential.
In terms of gameplay, I lean towards an assassin playstyle with Diana. Personally, I find the Night Harvester item more appealing than options like Protobelt. The T2 boots rush strategy piques my interest and deserves further discussion.
Now, let’s talk skins! Among Diana’s extensive wardrobe, my top picks include Dark Waters, Dragon Slayer, and Battle Queen. Each of these skins adds a unique flair to her character, making her even more exciting to play.
Best Guide for Diana in 2023
Looking for an in-depth guide to master Diana’s playstyle in 2023? Look no further than this fantastic guide:Diana Guide. It covers everything from itemization to gameplay tips, helping you become a true lunar warrior.
Best Skins for Diana
While Diana has a plethora of stunning skins to choose from, here are a few of the best ones:
- Sentinel Diana: The best skin with a cohesive theme and impressive character model.
- Battle Queen Diana: Unique and cool despite not fitting her base theme.
- Lunar Goddess Diana: Simple but effective, enhancing her base look at a reasonable price.
- Blood Moon Diana: A great concept with hair as a downside.
- Dark Waters Diana: Stunning character design but animations might feel disconnected.
- Dragonslayer Diana: Impressive character model design but uninspiring animations.
- Dark Valkyrie Diana: Offers a different look with cool armor but is dated.
- Infernal Diana: Feels overpriced and lacks innovation, a basic “Diana on fire” concept.
These skins not only change her appearance but also enhance the overall gaming experience.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap things up, let’s explore some fascinating tidbits about Diana:
- Her name comes from the PIE root dyew-, which means “to shine.”
- Diana shares her name with the Roman goddess of the Moon, fitting for her celestial theme.
- Diana is the first champion to feature animations for both crowd control and movement speed buffs.
- A real-world replica of her Crescent Moonblade was forged in the YouTube series Man At Arms: Reforged.
- To maximize her damage output, remember to use Lunar Rush (E) only on enemies with the Moonlight debuff for the reset.
And that’s a wrap on our journey through the world of Diana in League of Legends. Whether you’re new to the champion or a seasoned lunar warrior, there’s always something new to discover in the ever-evolving world of gaming. So, equip your moonblade, embrace the moon’s power, and have a blast on the rift with Diana!
Who is Diana in League of Legends and what is her lore?
Diana is a champion in League of Legends who wields a crescent moonblade. Her lore revolves around her transformation into an Aspect of the Moon and her complex relationship with Leona, a member of the Solari tribe.
What are Diana’s abilities and how should I build her?
Diana’s abilities include Moonsilver Blade (passive), Crescent Strike (Q), Pale Cascade (W), Lunar Rush (E), and Moonfall (R). Recommended items for Diana include Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, Nashor’s Tooth, Lich Bane, and Rabadon’s Deathcap.
Where does Diana excel in terms of lanes and roles in the game?
Diana is a versatile champion who can thrive in the jungle and mid-lane. She excels in dueling and assassinating squishy targets during the mid-game and is effective at ambushing enemies and securing objectives.
Who are good and bad matchups for Diana in League of Legends?
Diana is strong against champions like Zed and Wukong but struggles against Briar and Taliyah. Avoiding tough matchups can increase your chances of success.
How much does Diana cost in League of Legends in 2023?
Diana can be purchased for 450 Blue Essence (BE) or 260 Riot Points (RP) in 2023, making her an affordable champion to add to your roster.