Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, I’m diving into the world of League of Legends to talk about one of my all-time favorite champions, Elise. But before we get into the nitty-gritty, let me give you some context. Elise, the Spider Queen, made her grand entrance onto the Rift on October 26, 2012. She falls into the Fighter class and is known for dominating the Jungle position. If you’re wondering why I’m so stoked to review her, it’s because Elise’s kit is a riot (pun intended) to play with – offering a whopping six abilities and multiple playstyles. Trust me, you’ll never find her gameplay dull, and mastering her can be your ticket to climbing the ranks.
Elise’s backstory is a real jaw-dropper. She used to be a high-society noble, living the good life in Noxus, until a venomous spider-god gave her an eerie transformation. Now, she’s an arachnoid seductress, luring unsuspecting prey into her wicked web. Elise is part of the Black Rose and worships Vilemaw. In return, she gets to sip from the fountain of eternal youth – as long as she keeps serving acolytes to the spider deity. Talk about a wicked twist of fate!
Now, let’s break down her abilities. In her human form, Elise’s passive, Spider Queen, grants her dormant Spiderlings when her abilities hit enemies. Switch to Spider Form, and her basic attacks deal bonus magic damage and heal her.
- Q – Neurotoxin / Venomous Bite: In human form, it deals damage based on the target’s health. In spider form, she lunges at enemies and dishes out damage based on their remaining health.
- W – Volatile Spiderling / Skittering Frenzy: In human form, she unleashes a venomous Spiderling that goes kaboom near its target. In spider form, Elise and her Spiderlings enjoy a boost in Attack Speed.
- E – Cocoon / Rappel: In human form, she stuns the first enemy hit and reveals stealthed foes. In spider form, Elise and her Spiderlings take to the skies before descending on the target, amping up her bonus damage and healing.
- R – Spider Form: This ability turns her into a menacing spider. She sacrifices attack range for increased Move Speed, new abilities, and a squad of Spiderlings to chew through her foes.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s talk pros and cons:
- Early game damage
- Solid sustain
- Strong early ganks
- AP scaling boosts auto-hit damage
- Great escape and chase potential with Rappel
- Can dodge spells with Rappel
- % damage based on missing and current health
- Fast jungle clear
- Alters tower aggression while diving with Rappel
- Effective pusher and objective controller
- Steep learning curve
- Highly susceptible to crowd control (CC)
- Squishy in the early game
- Vulnerable to counter ganks
- Power spikes depend on items
Best Items for Elise
Alright, this is where things get interesting. Elise has some excellent item choices that can make or break your game. Here are my top picks:
Morellonomicon: Even though it doesn’t provide as much magic penetration anymore, it’s still a solid choice. You’ll get some extra HP and AP, plus the Grevious Wounds passive is fantastic against heal-heavy champions.
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter: This one adds some tankiness to your kit. However, it might not be the most efficient option when considering gold costs.
Night Harvester: If you’re looking for burst damage, this mythic item is your go-to. Imagine the damage output when combined with Electrocute and Elise’s abilities. It’s a game-changer, and the bonus movement speed for chasing down enemies is a cherry on top.
Hextech Rocketbelt: My personal favorite! It offers much-needed magic penetration and mobility. The mythic passive is a big plus.
Shadowflame: This item has it all – magic penetration, loads of AP, and a healthy dose of HP. It should be your first pick after completing your mythic item and boots.
Best Lanes and Roles for Elise
Now, let’s get into where Elise truly shines and the roles she excels in.
Elise is a versatile powerhouse in League of Legends, capable of dominating both the jungle and mid lane.
As a jungler, Elise truly shines in the early game. You’ll want to start ganking as early as level 3 when you get access to her E. Make it a priority to help your teammates secure objectives like Dragons.
While it might sound fun to take Elise to the mid lane, it’s not the most viable option. Her wave-clear abilities are lacking, and mid laners usually fall into two categories: wave-clear to roam or scaling for late-game power. Unfortunately, Elise doesn’t quite fit either mold, unless you can pull off some cheeky all-ins or have a jungle buddy keeping constant pressure.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Let’s talk matchups. Every champion has their nemesis and allies on the battlefield. Here are a few insights into Elise’s matchups:
Elise comes out on top in the jungle against champions like Kindred and Zed. Her early-game damage and ganking prowess give her a strong edge.
However, beware of Rammus and Warwick. They’re your worst nightmares when you’re playing Elise. These two can shut down your early-game dominance and give you a hard time.
So, remember to choose your battles wisely and adapt your playstyle based on your opponents.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Now, for those of you wondering about the price tag on this spider-themed champion in 2023, Elise can be yours for 4800 Blue Essence or 880 Riot Points. It’s a reasonable price for a champion with such versatile gameplay.
Best Guide for Draven in 2023
I want to share a cool guide for this champion: Superb Elise Guide.
Alright, here’s where I get personal. Elise is a champ that’s close to my heart because of her incredible kit. She offers so many opportunities and potential strategies thanks to her unique abilities.
If you’re looking to climb the ranks, mastering Elise can be a fantastic strategy. She can push lanes fast, deal a ton of damage, peel for your carries, shred tanks, and control objectives like a boss. But there’s a catch – she’s not the easiest champ to pick up due to the complexity of her kit.
Now, if I were to put on my critic’s hat for a moment, I’d say that thematically, Elise feels a bit disconnected from the Shadow Isles lore. I mean, she could have been a tribal deity worshipped by Noxian tribes or a spider demon in Mordekaiser’s realm. When compared to other champions with similar themes like Evelynn, Nidalee, and Cassiopeia, she doesn’t stand out quite as much. Those champs seem to embody the seductress or shape-shifter archetypes more effectively.
But hey, that’s just my two cents! At the end of the day, Elise is a blast to play, and I’m always excited to see her scuttling around the Rift.
Best Skins for Elise
Now, let’s talk fashion. Elise has some slick skins to choose from, each with its own unique flair. Here are my top picks:
- Bewitching Elise (Released: October 22nd, 2020, Price: 1350 RP): This skin is top-tier with fantastic splash art, clean particles, and unique animations. I especially love the pumpkin spiderlings and spider recall animation.
- Super Galaxy Elise (Released: October 16th, 2017, Price: 1350 RP): It’s got an impressive Evangelion-style vibe with a destroyer of worlds spider form and an intimidating human form. The particles and animations fit the theme perfectly.
- Blood Moon Elise (Released: January 8th, 2015, Price: 975 RP): This high-quality skin has some serious Demon Slayer vibes. The elegant yet deadly human form and the hellish spider form, along with an unsettling backing animation, make it a solid choice.
- Withered Rose Elise (Released: February 10th, 2022, Price: 1350 RP): This is essentially an updated version of Death Blossom. It features a darker flower design in the spider form. While it’s not groundbreaking, it’s still a good choice.
- Death Blossom Elise (Released: October 26th, 2012, Price: 975 RP): This spooky skin has aged gracefully over the years. The standout spider form gives off a cursed soul vibe, and the base model and particles are still quite appealing.
- Victorious Elise (Released: December 20th, 2013, Price: Ranked Reward): While this skin offers an elegant and powerful character model, it lacks a spooky element. The spider form is decent, but the backing animation leaves something to be desired.
- SKT T1 Elise (Released: August 17th, 2016, Price: 975 RP): It’s a bit of a hit or miss skin. On the plus side, it features nice particle effects and a unique spider form. However, the human form looks a bit too urban and lacks the edge of the base Elise skin.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap things up, let’s dive into some cool tricks and interesting facts about Elise:
- She was the first champion to have a monologue during her login screen, setting a trend for Lissandra, Lucian, and Yasuo later on.
- Elise’s dance move is the Can-can. Quite the showstopper!
- Her Spider Form recall animation might remind you of Skulltula from The Legend of Zelda.
- Elise played a central role in Twisted Treeline’s update, where her spider god now resides.
- Fun fact: Elise is the final incarnation of Priscilla, a canceled champion that was brought back by popular demand.
And there you have it, folks – a comprehensive look at Elise, the Spider Queen, in all her glory. Whether you’re new to the champion or a seasoned Elise enthusiast, I hope you found this article informative and entertaining. Now, go forth and conquer the Rift with your newfound knowledge of this fascinating champion!
Who is Elise, the Spider Queen?
Elise is a champion in League of Legends known for her versatility and unique abilities. She was released on October 26, 2012, and primarily plays as a jungler.
What are Elise’s key abilities?
Elise has a diverse kit with human and spider forms, featuring abilities like Neurotoxin, Volatile Spiderling, Cocoon, and more. Her ultimate, Spider Form, transforms her into a spider, offering a new set of abilities.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing Elise?
Elise excels in early game damage, jungle control, and objective control. However, she has a steep learning curve, is susceptible to crowd control, and can be squishy in the early game.
What are the best items for Elise in 2023?
Recommended items for Elise include Morellonomicon, Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, Night Harvester, Hextech Rocketbelt, and Shadowflame. These items provide her with damage, utility, and survivability.
Where does Elise excel in the game, and who are her strong and weak matchups?
Elise shines as a jungler with strong early ganking potential. She can struggle against champions like Rammus and Warwick but has the advantage against others like Kindred and Zed. She is less suited for the mid lane due to limited wave-clear abilities.