Hey there, fellow summoners! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends to unravel the enigmatic marksman known as Ezreal. But why Ezreal, you ask? Well, because he’s a champion with a unique flavor. Released back on March 16, 2010, Ezreal falls into the marksman category and usually takes the bottom lane position. I’m here to tell you why I find Ezreal so intriguing – despite his weak early game, he transforms into a powerhouse during the mid-game and remains relevant in the late game. He’s a champion whose strength scales with your mastery, and that, my friends, is what makes him incredibly satisfying to play.
Ezreal isn’t just a marksman; he’s a dashing adventurer with a knack for the mystical arts. This intrepid explorer delves into long-lost catacombs, taunts ancient curses, and overcomes seemingly impossible odds, all with a charming blend of courage and bravado. Armed with his mystical Shuriman gauntlet, he unleashes arcane blasts that can turn the tide of battle. Trouble? Wherever Ezreal goes, it’s not far behind—maybe even everywhere.
He may come off as arrogant and narcissistic, but beneath that facade lies an intelligent and cunning young man. He’s notorious for getting into trouble and not being very careful, even as he explores perilous terrain. This fearless spirit stems from his early years, when he was already known for mischief, lockpicking into restricted areas, and pulling off infamous pranks. His ultimate goal? To make a name for himself as an explorer in hopes that his long-lost parents will someday return.
Let’s delve into the mystical arsenal of Ezreal’s abilities:
- Passive – Rising Spell Force: Ezreal gains increasing Attack Speed with each successful spell hit, stacking up to 5 times.
- Q – Mystic Shot: He fires a damaging bolt of energy that reduces all cooldowns slightly if it strikes an enemy unit.
- W – Essence Flux: Ezreal fires an orb that sticks to the first champion or objective hit. If it hits an enemy, it detonates and deals damage.
- E – Arcane Shift: This ability allows him to teleport to a target nearby location and fires a homing bolt that strikes the nearest enemy unit, prioritizing enemies hit with Essence Flux.
- R – Trueshot Barrage: Ezreal winds up before launching a powerful barrage of energy that deals massive damage to each unit it passes through.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s talk about the pros and cons of playing Ezreal, in my humble opinion:
- High overall DPS
- Safe laning
- Flexible itemization
- Dominant midgame presence
- Incredibly fun to play and master
- Somewhat squishy
- Reliant on skillshots
- Weak early game
- Struggles against tanky foes
- Overdependence on Arcane Shift
- Requires precise positioning
Best Items for Ezreal
Ah, the exciting part – what items should you equip our daring explorer with?
Trinity Force: With its bonus AD and movement speed, this item complements Ezreal’s extended fights and poking potential.
Divine Sunderer: Ideal for dealing extra damage to tanks, finally making Ezreal’s weaknesses a thing of the past.
Eclipse: A glass cannon’s delight, offering high damage per skillshot and essential cooldown reduction for more Q uptime.
Navori Quickblades: This item lets you deal extra damage with spells and auto-attacks while reducing your spell cooldowns, a perfect fit for Ezreal’s playstyle.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
So, where does Ezreal thrive best on the Summoner’s Rift? Here are my insights:
Ezreal has long been a popular pick for the bottom lane, known for his prowess as an ADC. His ability to poke down enemies with his low cooldowns and damage output makes him a formidable force during the mid-game. But here’s the kicker – he doesn’t stop there. In the late game, his Trueshot Barrage becomes a game-changer, delivering devastating burst damage to anyone unfortunate enough to get caught in its path. He’s a versatile champion who can adapt to various roles, but his true potential shines brightest in the bot lane.
Ezreal Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s take a peek at some matchups. Here’s what you need to know about Ezreal’s allies and foes:
In the jungle, Ezreal tends to outshine champions like Jinx and Xayah, thanks to his ability to kite and harass. However, when facing off against Swain and Seraphine, things get dicey. These matchups can be a real nightmare, so it’s often wise to avoid them if possible.
Price of this Champion in 2023
If you’re wondering how much it costs to add Ezreal to your champion roster in 2023, well, here’s the scoop. You can acquire this marksman for 1350 Blue Essence or 585 Riot Points. Not too shabby for such a versatile champion, right?
As a gamer who’s had Ezreal in my champion roster for quite some time, let me share my take. Ezreal, the Prodigal Explorer, falls into the Marksman category and primarily deals damage through auto-attacks and basic abilities. His bread and butter, Mystic Shot (Q), stands as his main source of damage. What sets Ezreal apart is the intricate dance you perform while juggling auto-attacks, Mystic Shot, and Essence Flux. Alongside this, mastering his Arcane Shift (E) and strategically utilizing his passive, Rising Spell Force, adds layers of depth to his gameplay. He’s not for the faint of heart, but mastering him can be incredibly rewarding.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk style. Here’s a rundown of some of the best skins that can make Ezreal look even more impressive on the Rift:
- Explorer Ezreal: A subtle upgrade over the base skin with an Explorer theme.
- Ace of Spades Ezreal: Looks fancy but lacks the wow factor; there are better options available.
- Debonair Ezreal: The James Bond look adds style, and it even has chromas to mix things up.
- Nottingham Ezreal: A well-designed elf skin with a fair price point.
- Frosted Ezreal: Surprisingly smooth and satisfying despite its simplicity.
- Pulsefire Ezreal: While it has cool features, some players find it a bit clunky and overpriced.
- Pajama Guardian Ezreal: Adorable, but it might not match the badass Ezreal playstyle.
- Star Guardian Ezreal: A solid skin with no downsides and plenty of loyal fans.
- Arcade Ezreal: Features distinct sound effects and visuals, along with an impressive ultimate animation.
- SSG Ezreal: Simple yet elegant character model with impressive animations.
- Battle Academia Ezreal: Perfect for anime fans with stunning animations.
- PsyOps Ezreal: Blatantly badass and smooth design with great ability particles and animations.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Lastly, let’s explore some tips and fascinating tidbits about Ezreal:
- Ezreal was the first to have a ‘Champion Spotlight.’
- He’s one of the few champions to feature in multiple spotlights due to significant gameplay changes.
- He was the first 6300 IP champion released after the game’s official launch on October 27, 2009.
- His dance references the ‘Hare Hare Yukai’ ED of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime.
- Stack your Tear of the Goddess quickly by using abilities frequently.
- Use Arcane Shift defensively unless the enemy’s core abilities are on cooldown.
- To destroy towers and earn more gold from tower plates, use Essence Flux on the tower followed by an auto-attack.
And there you have it, summoners! Ezreal, the Prodigal Explorer, is a versatile champion with a thrilling mix of abilities, a rich lore, and a wardrobe of skins to boot. Whether you’re an aspiring ADC or a seasoned veteran, there’s always something new to discover with this mystical marksman. So, go out there, explore, and make Ezreal your own on the Rift!
What are Ezreal’s key strengths and weaknesses in the game?
Strengths: High overall DPS, safe laning, flexible itemization, dominant midgame presence, and fun to play.
Weaknesses: Somewhat squishy, reliant on skillshots, weak early game, struggles against tanky foes, overdependence on Arcane Shift, and requires precise positioning.
What are the best items for Ezreal in 2023?
Trinity Force, Divine Sunderer, Eclipse, and Navori Quickblades are recommended items for Ezreal to enhance his performance in the game.
Where does Ezreal thrive best on the Summoner’s Rift?
Ezreal excels in the bottom lane as an ADC (Attack Damage Carry) due to his strong mid-game presence and the potential to deliver devastating burst damage in the late game with his Trueshot Barrage.
How much does Ezreal cost as a champion in 2023?
Ezreal can be acquired for 1350 Blue Essence or 585 Riot Points, making him an affordable addition to your champion roster.
What are some interesting facts and tips for playing Ezreal?
Players can stack Tear of the Goddess quickly by using abilities frequently. Additionally, his dance references ‘Hare Hare Yukai’ from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime, and players should use Essence Flux on towers followed by auto-attacks to maximize gold from tower plates.