Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, I’ve got something special for you – a deep dive into the world of Jinx. This bad girl of the League has been creating chaos since her release on October 10, 2013. She’s a Marksman who mainly takes the bottom lane and is all about causing mayhem with her arsenal. But why am I excited to review this champion, you ask? Well, Jinx is just plain amazing. She’s got an easy-to-learn kit, straightforward combos, and mechanics that are, quite frankly, a blast to play. She’s all about carrying games, making those big plays, and being an awesome asset in team fights. I always get a kick out of bringing her to the Rift when I’m in the League action.
Jinx isn’t your typical champion – she’s a manic, impulsive criminal hailing from the chaotic underbelly of Zaun. With an array of deadly weapons at her disposal, she’s all about making the loudest blasts and brightest explosions. Boredom? Not on her watch! Jinx revels in chaos, leaving behind a trail of mayhem and panic wherever she goes.
But there’s more to her than just being a criminal. She’s an eccentric inventor too, and her joy lies in inventing and causing destruction. Jinx is like a rollercoaster of emotions, swinging from one extreme mood to another. A troubled past filled with relentless trauma has left her with a sense of hostility and disregard for the world, which fuels her impulsive and reckless behavior.
- Passive – Get Excited!: When Jinx helps take down enemy champions, epic jungle monsters, or structures, she gets a massive boost in Move Speed and Attack Speed.
- Q – Switcheroo!: Jinx can swap between her minigun, Pow-Pow, and her rocket launcher, Fishbones, to modify her basic attacks. Pow-Pow grants Attack Speed, while Fishbones deals AoE damage, has increased range, but drains Mana and attacks slower.
- W – Zap!: Jinx uses her shock pistol, Zapper, to fire a blast that damages the first enemy hit, slowing and revealing them.
- E – Flame Chompers!: Jinx throws snare grenades that explode after 5 seconds, lighting enemies on fire. These Flame Chompers will bite enemy champions who walk over them, rooting them in place.
- R – Super Mega Death Rocket!: Jinx fires a super rocket across the map that gains damage as it travels. It explodes upon colliding with an enemy champion, dealing damage based on their missing Health.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Jinx
- Amazing scaling
- Strong wave clear
- Kit includes an Attack Speed boost
- Offers AoE damage
- Zoning CC with Flame Chompers!
- Can steal objectives
- Reset mechanic
- Quick turret destruction
- Highly team-dependent
- Lacks outplay mechanics
- No dashes
- Weak in the early game
- CC has a 1-second delay
- Struggles in 1v1 situations
- Lacks burst damage
- Vulnerable when behind
Best Items for Jinx
Alright, now let’s talk about what gear makes Jinx shine:
Doran’s Blade + Health Potion: This is your go-to starting item. It gives you extra HP, some AD, and 2.5% omnivamp. It keeps you alive and ready to fight.
Kraken Slayer: The best Mythic for Jinx right now. It synergizes well with her attack speed, and the bonus true damage on-hit from Kraken Slayer means she shreds through enemies.
Phantom Dancer: If you’re looking for more attack speed, crit, and movement speed, this is your item. It even makes you ghost through units.
Runaan’s Hurricane: This item helps when you’re up against multiple melee champions or enemies who tend to group up. It adds extra bolts to your attacks.
Lord Dominik’s Regards: You’ll need this armor penetration item when the enemy starts stacking armor. Get it as your 5th or 6th item, typically after Infinity Edge.
Best Lanes and Roles for Jinx
Now, about the best place to unleash the chaos with Jinx. Personally, I’ve found that Jinx shines in the mid lane. While she’s often played as an ADC, I think her potential in the mid lane is often overlooked. Going bot is also a possibility, but the top lane and jungle? Not the best choices, in my opinion.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s talk a bit about who Jinx excels against and who gives her nightmares in the League.
Jinx typically comes out on top in bot lane matchups against champions like Zeri and Jinx herself. However, things get tough when you face off against Seraphine and Swain. These two can be her worst nightmare, so it’s best to avoid squaring off against them.
Price of Jinx in 2023
Now, in 2023, Jinx is available for 3150 Blue Essence or 790 Riot Points. So, if you’re thinking of adding her to your champion pool, you know the cost.
Alright, let’s get personal here. Jinx is a duo lane marksman, and boy, does she scale like a beast into the late game. Her attack range and speed make her a hyper-carry, and her potential to deal massive damage becomes more apparent as the game progresses. Her first ability, Switcheroo!, is a real game-changer.
But, here’s the catch – Jinx can be a bit of a struggle in the early game. She’s not the greatest when it comes to dishing out early damage. To make it to that late-game monster status, you’ll need to rely on your team.
Best Guide for Jinx in 2023
If you’re looking for the ultimate guide to master Jinx in 2023, I’ve got just the thing. Check out this detailed guide. It’s got everything you need to know to unleash the chaos with Jinx.
Best Skins for Jinx
Jinx has some awesome skins, and I’m here to give you the lowdown on each of them:
- Arcane Jinx (Mission Reward): It’s like an unofficial visual update, offering improved visuals and effects. It’s essentially a fancier base model.
- PROJECT: Jinx (1350 RP): This one got some mixed reviews for not entirely fitting the typical PROJECT skin theme, but it’s not a bad choice.
- Odyssey Jinx (1350 RP): It’s got a great theme and references but might not have the smoothest auto-attacks for some players.
- Heartseeker Jinx (1350 RP): The theme might not make much sense for her character, but it offers excellent particles, smooth auto-attacks, and impressive chompers.
- Crime City Jinx (975 RP): An iconic original skin with new animations and particles, and it’s budget-friendly.
- Zombie Slayer Jinx (1350 RP): Perfect for a zombie apocalypse theme, with a steampunk aesthetic and satisfying effects.
- Ambitious Elf Jinx (1350 RP): This Christmas theme actually works quite well with Jinx, offering a unique homeguard animation and festive fun.
- Battle Cat Jinx (1350 RP): Despite its seemingly random theme, it stands out with new animations, particles, and impressive chromas.
- Star Guardian Jinx (1820 RP): It’s an expensive but feature-packed skin, significantly changing Jinx’s appearance to match the Star Guardian theme.
- Firecracker Jinx (1350 RP): This one is quintessential Jinx, offering insanity with polish, color, and fireworks.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
- Did you know that “Jinx” literally means “ill omen”? It’s a nod to the Eurasian wryneck bird, often used as a charm.
- In-universe, her alias was given to her by Vi.
- Her dance is a cheeky reference to Jake’s dance from Adventure Time.
- Check out the smiley faces in her abilities, like Super Mega Death Rocket! and Get Excited!
- Jinx is the first champ with an automatically looping laugh animation.
- Her hair forms a heart when she meets her demise.
- Interestingly, all her ability names end in an exclamation mark.
- Vi and Caitlyn gain the “Catch me if you can!” cosmetic debuff when Jinx is on the opposing team.
So there you have it, a detailed breakdown of Jinx, the manic marvel of the League. Remember, in the world of Jinx, chaos is just another word for fun!
Who is Jinx in League of Legends?
Jinx is a champion in League of Legends, a manic and chaotic criminal with a penchant for creating explosions and chaos. She’s a Marksman who excels in the bottom lane and is known for her straightforward mechanics and ability to carry games.
What are Jinx’s abilities in League of Legends?
Jinx’s abilities include her passive, Get Excited!, which boosts her speed and attack speed, and her other skills: Switcheroo!, Zap!, Flame Chompers!, and Super Mega Death Rocket!. These abilities give her a versatile kit for dealing damage and controlling fights.
What are the pros and cons of playing Jinx in League of Legends?
Jinx has amazing scaling, strong wave clear, and offers AoE damage. However, she is team-dependent, lacks early game strength, and can struggle in 1v1 situations. Her strengths lie in the late game.
What are the best items for Jinx in League of Legends in 2023?
Jinx’s core items include Kraken Slayer, Phantom Dancer, Runaan’s Hurricane, and Lord Dominik’s Regards. These items enhance her attack speed and damage output, making her a potent late-game threat.
What are the best skins for Jinx in League of Legends?
Jinx has a variety of skins, including Arcane Jinx, PROJECT: Jinx, and Star Guardian Jinx. Each offers unique themes and visual enhancements, catering to different preferences and playstyles.