Welcome to the world of Pantheon, the powerful and fearless warrior who stands as a protective deity on the Summoner’s Rift. Pantheon has been a staple in League of Legends since his release on February 2, 2010. In this review, we’ll dive deep into why Pantheon is worth your attention. This iconic champion belongs to the Diver class and can shine in multiple roles, including Middle, Support, and Top. Whether you’re an experienced summoner or just starting your journey, Pantheon offers an exciting playstyle and the potential for greatness.
Why am I excited to review this champion? Pantheon is cool, and he’s more than just a face on the battlefield. With his high damage potential and an ability to engage in combat like an immortal god, Pantheon has earned a special place in the hearts of experienced players. In this review, we’ll explore his lore, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, best items, and much more. So, let’s take a closer look at Pantheon, the unbreakable warrior and protector of humanity.
Once an unwilling host to the Aspect of War, Atreus Atreus survived when the celestial power within him was slain, refusing to succumb to a blow that tore stars from the heavens. In time, he learned to embrace the power of his own mortality, and the stubborn resilience that goes along with it. Atreus now opposes the divine as Pantheon Pantheon reborn, his unbreakable will fueling the fallen Aspect’s weapons on the field of battle.
Stoic and unwavering, Atreus as Pantheon possesses a strong fighting spirit. As the stalwart defender of humanity, Pantheon often feels over-encumbered by his duties and his expectations as an Aspect. Despite his failings, he presses forward stubbornly, and he encourages all of his compatriots to do the same.
He is not very accepting of most god-like beings with immense powers, which include Aspects, Darkins, Ascendants, and demons alike. Given his own experience with War, Pantheon is hesitant in placing his trust with greater powers, preferring to rely on his own mortal will to fight his battles.
- PASSIVE – LIVING FORGE: Ornn gains an additional bonus Armor and Magic Resistance from all sources. Ornn can spend gold to forge non-consumable items anywhere. Additionally, he can create masterwork items for himself and for his allies.
- Q – VOLCANIC RUPTURE: Ornn slams the ground, sending out a fissure dealing damage and slowing enemies hit. After a small delay, a magma pillar forms at the end location.
- W – BELLOWS BREATH: Ornn advances, breathing fire. Enemies hit by the final gout of flame become Brittle.
- E – SEARING CHARGE: Ornn charges, dealing damage to enemies he passes through. If Ornn collides with terrain while charging, the impact creates a shockwave around him which deals damage and knocks up enemies.
- R – CALL OF THE FORGE GOD: Ornn summons a massive elemental at a location which travels toward him with increasing speed. Enemies run over by the elemental take damage, are slowed and are made Brittle. Ornn can recast the ability to charge into the elemental, redirecting it in the direction he hits it, causing the elemental to affect any enemies it runs over to be knocked up, dealing the same damage and re-applying Brittle.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
- High damage output.
- Strong, point-to-click crowd control.
- After unlocking Grand Starfall, strong presence.
- Versatile build.
- Good early game presence.
- Lack of mobility.
- Poor waveclear.
- Weak against magic damage.
- Item dependent.
- Vulnerable to ganks before level 6.
Best Items for Pantheon
Now, let’s gear up our divine warrior for success. Pantheon’s itemization can make or break his performance on the Rift. Here are some of the best items that can empower him to unleash his full potential:
SORCERER’S SHOES: These boots provide valuable magic penetration to boost Pantheon’s damage output.
SUNFIRE AEGIS: This item allows you to deal a lot of damage in long trades. It’s very effective when the enemy team has a lot of crowd control and tanks, especially if you’re playing in the top lane.
FROSTFIRE GAUNTLET: This item is more cost-effective and offers extra HP and size, making you more durable and useful, especially when playing from behind.
TURBO CHEMTANK: Offering cooldown reduction and the ability to engage or chase down enemies effectively, this item is a great choice for those who want to be in the thick of team fights.
PLATED STEELCAPS: Basic shoes for Pantheon, granting armor to combat auto-attack reliant enemy champions.
MERCURY’S TREADS: These boots are a solid choice when facing a team with heavy crowd control and magic damage.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
Originally, Pantheon was designed as a top-laner, but he’s found his place as a strong jungler and support as well. He’s a simple, aggressive AD early-game diver/assassin that aims to dominate the laning phase with his high burst damage. He can be a true powerhouse if played correctly.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of Pantheon’s performance in the league. Our divine warrior excels in the top lane against champions like Yasuo and Briar. However, he faces a formidable challenge when battling against Malphite and Ornn, who can give him a tough time. So, be cautious when facing these stone-clad adversaries.
Price of this Champion in 2023
The price of unlocking Pantheon in 2023 is 1350 Blue Essence or 585 Riot Points. Investing in this warrior might just be the boost your champion roster needs.
Pantheon is strong early on, which can put pressure on the enemy team and set the tone for the rest of the game. Pantheon deals a lot of damage, making him a formidable opponent in fights. Pantheon can be built as a bruiser or assassin, depending on the playstyle desired.
Pantheon has limited mobility, making him vulnerable to enemy ganks and harder to escape from danger. Vulnerable to ganks before reaching level 6, when he gains access to his ultimate ability. Vulnerable to magic damage, which can make him a less effective tank against mages and other magic damage dealers. Pantheon’s performance is heavily influenced by the items he builds, which means that his success can be impacted by his ability to farm and build effectively.
Best Guide for Pantheon in 2023
For those looking to master Pantheon, here’s a guide that will take your skills to the next level: Pantheon Guide 2023.
Best Skins for this Champion
Let’s take a look at the various skins that Pantheon has to offer. These skins not only change his appearance but also add a touch of flair to his abilities:
- Myrmidon Pantheon (2010, 520 RP): A low-cost skin with a character model redesign.
- Full Metal Pantheon (2011, 975 RP): A cool concept with a robotic theme but falls short on voiceover and animations.
- Ruthless Pantheon (2010, 520 RP): Mad Max-inspired and fun with character model redesign but lacks unique animations.
- Perseus Pantheon (2010, 750 RP): Visually impressive but could use additional particles or animations.
- Ashen Knight Pantheon (2022, 100 Mythic Essence): While hyped, it falls short on character model design and abilities.
- Ruined Pantheon (2021, 1350 RP): Visually appealing but feels more like Viego than Pantheon.
- Pulsefire Pantheon (2020, 1350 RP): Impressive futuristic theme with fancy gear but diverges from Pantheon’s traditional warrior image.
- Baker Pantheon (2016, 975 RP): A goofy skin with new animations and effects.
- Glaive Warrior Pantheon (2012, 975 RP): Stays true to the Pantheon fantasy with historical details.
- Zombie Slayer Pantheon (2015, 975 RP): Post-apocalyptic-themed skin packed with cool effects.
- Ascended Pantheon Prestige Edition (2021, 2000 Sentinels of Light tokens): Elevates Pantheon to a divine Greek god look.
- Dragonslayer Pantheon (2014, 1350 RP): A fan favorite with incredible details.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
- Pantheon’s name is derived from the Greek word Πάνθεον, originally referring to all deities in ancient Greek religion.
- His human name, Atreus, means “untrembling” and comes from the pre-Greek term “Attarsiya.”
- Atreus’ friend’s name, Πύλας (Pylas), derives from the pre-Greek architectural term “pylē,” meaning “gate.”
- At level 6, if you can’t kill the enemy Top laner, try using your Ultimate Grand Starfall R from base to assist your teammates in other lanes.
- Pantheon excels in the early game, so make sure to skirmish heavily from the start of the laning phase.
- During the mid-game, split push while your team groups, and use your Ultimate Grand Starfall R to impact fights.
What are Pantheon’s strengths and weaknesses?
Strengths: Pantheon has high damage output, strong crowd control, and a strong early game presence.
Weaknesses: He lacks mobility, has poor waveclear, is vulnerable to magic damage, and is item-dependent.
What are the best items for Pantheon in 2023?
Some of the best items for Pantheon include Sorcerer’s Shoes for magic penetration, Sunfire Aegis for durability and damage, and Turbo Chemtank for engaging in team fights.
Where does Pantheon excel in terms of lanes and roles?
Pantheon can be played as a top-laner, jungler, or support. He is a strong early-game diver/assassin that excels in dominating the laning phase.
Who are Pantheon’s champion picks and counter picks?
Pantheon performs well against champions like Yasuo and Briar but struggles against foes like Malphite and Ornn. These stone-clad champions can give him a tough time.
What are the best skins for Pantheon, and how do they change his appearance?
Some of the recommended skins for Pantheon include Full Metal Pantheon, Dragonslayer Pantheon, and Ascended Pantheon Prestige Edition, each with its unique appearance and effects.