Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the world of Ryze, the arcane powerhouse in League of Legends. Ryze is a Battlemage, a class known for its raw magical might, and he can be found wreaking havoc in the Middle and Top lanes. But why am I excited to review this champion? Well, simply put, Ryze is cool. He starts off a bit weak in the early game but scales up like a beast into the late game. Trust me; this is a champ you want to have in your roster.
Ryze is no ordinary sorcerer in Runeterra. He’s an ancient, battle-hardened archmage with an insurmountable burden. His relentless pursuit of World Runes, fragments of raw magic, drives him, for he knows the untold horrors they can unleash on the world. Ryze might come off as rude, but he’s got more important things to do than niceties. He’s the guy who gets the job done, no matter the cost, even if it means sacrificing his friends or a whole village. He’s a master of controlling his emotions, except for one pesky one: hope. It keeps sneaking in, even though he desperately wants to get rid of it.
Let’s get down to business and talk about Ryze’s magical arsenal:
Passive – Arcane Mastery: Ryze’s spells hit harder based on his Bonus Mana, and he gains a boost to his maximum Mana thanks to his Ability Power. It’s all about that sweet synergy.
Q – Overload: This spell not only dishes out damage in a line but also gets its cooldown reset when you use other basic abilities. If you cast Overload with two runes charged, you’ll get a speed boost. Oh, and if your target has Flux on it, it’ll deal extra damage and jump to nearby enemies. Boom!
W – Rune Prison: Ryze traps a target in a rune cage, damaging and slowing them. If they’ve got Flux on them, they’ll be rooted instead. You’re going nowhere, buddy!
E – Spell Flux: Ryze shoots out a magical orb that damages an enemy and debuffs nearby foes. This debuff makes Ryze’s other spells even more exciting when used on the afflicted enemy.
R – Realm Warp: Ryze creates a portal to teleport his allies to a nearby location. The strategic possibilities with this one are endless, especially when your team needs to make a sudden entrance or escape.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of playing Ryze:
- You’ve got bonus movement speed from your Q passive.
- Ryze can be a split-pushing powerhouse or a teamfighting monster.
- His ultimate provides built-in teleportation for epic plays.
- The champ has high outplay potential.
- Excellent waveclear.
- As the game goes on, Ryze scales like a beast.
- Ryze isn’t the easiest champion to master.
- He’s weak in the early game, so you need to play carefully.
- In teamfights, you must position yourself well to deal significant damage to multiple enemies.
- Crowd control can easily interrupt Ryze’s ultimate.
- You need practice to choose the right combo for different situations.
- Facing strong counterpicks can make your life difficult.
Best Items for Champion
Here are some must-have items to unleash Ryze’s full potential:
Rod of Ages: This item is a staple for scaling champs like Ryze. It evolves after stacking, granting a free level-up, and it offers amazing stats.
Luden’s Tempest: It’s fantastic as your first item against squishy opponents. It provides AP, Ability Haste, Mana, and Magic Penetration. The passive adds extra damage and movement speed. Plus, all your legendary items benefit from its magic penetration.
Everfrost: With Everfrost, you can root your enemies for a whopping 3 seconds if you combo your spells right. It’s a great choice against targets without dashes and an alternative to Luden’s Tempest for a tankier, more setup-oriented playstyle.
Liandry’s Anguish: Pick this one when facing teams with a lot of high-health champs. It ignores their magic resistance and deals maximum % health damage. Plus, it grants AP, Mana, Ability Haste, and increases ability haste on your legendary items.
Seraph’s Embrace: This item is the completed version of the Archangel’s Staff. It offers a ton of AP when fully upgraded, a significant amount of mana (which translates into more AP), and the ability to build a Tear early. You’ll want to get this item quite early in your build because it synergizes so well with Ryze’s kit.
Zhonya’s Hourglass: When you need extra survivability, Zhonya’s Hourglass is your go-to choice. It’s also handy for denying some ultimate abilities like Zed’s Death Mark. Just remember that using the active ‘Stasis’ while using your ultimate doesn’t work on Ryze anymore.
Best Lanes and Roles for Champion
So, where should you play Ryze?
In the mid lane, you can make a more significant impact on the game, but it comes with higher pressure in the early game to manage your resources, waves, and roams effectively. The mid lane also offers more challenging matchups, but that’s where Ryze can truly shine.
Top lane, on the other hand, is less punishing early on. You can focus on wave clearing and scaling into powerful teamfights. You’ll have more freedom to play your way and have less intense matchups to worry about. For beginners, it might be the way to go, but as you get comfortable with Ryze, don’t be afraid to take him to the mid lane too. Adaptability is key!
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Ryze has some matchups where he dominates and others where he’s in for a tough time. Here’s a quick peek:
Good Mid Lane Matchups: Ryze shines when facing off against Ezreal and K’Sante. They’re no match for his arcane powers.
Challenging Mid Lane Matchups: Malzahar and Kassadin are Ryze’s worst nightmares. It’s best to avoid dueling them whenever you can.
Price of this Champion in 2023
As of 2023, you can add Ryze to your roster for 4,800 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points. Not too shabby for a champ with such potent late-game scaling, right?
Alright, let’s get real about Ryze. This champion is a Swiss Army knife in League of Legends, capable of adapting to various team compositions. Playing Ryze becomes an exhilarating experience when you coordinate with your jungler, setting up ganks and kills with your Rune Prison. The excellent wave-clear you have due to low cooldowns on Spell Flux and Overload makes you a force to be reckoned with in the lane.
Ryze thrives when his team can protect him and play around his strengths, including his crowd control from Rune Prison and damage output. He might need some time to scale, but once you reach the late game, you become a devastating presence in skirmishes and teamfights. With top-tier wave-clear, you can split push effectively and quickly join your team when needed, whether that means walking there or using your ultimate, Realm Warp, or Teleport.
Best Guide for Ryze in 2023
For those of you eager to master Ryze, I’ve got a stellar guide to recommend. Check out this comprehensive guide:Ryze Guide. It’s got all the tips and tricks you’ll need to harness the full potential of this arcane powerhouse.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk style. Ryze’s got a bunch of skins to choose from, and they range from awesome to meh. Here’s a rundown of some of the coolest and not-so-cool options:
- Tribal Ryze: It’s a bit dated, with a striking splash art but a less exciting in-game model. Not much beyond a human transformation here.
- Triumphant Ryze: This skin is rare but lacks visual appeal. It doesn’t offer new animations or particles, making it a subpar choice.
- Young Ryze: Extremely rare and expensive, this skin offers a decent character model but lacks new animations and a new voice actor.
- Professor Ryze: It offers a classy appearance but lacks new animations or particles. It’s relatively expensive for just a character model change.
- Dark Crystal Ryze: It has a demonic character model and some particle recolors, making it decent but not overly exciting.
- Ryze Whitebeard: This skin gives Ryze a fun, wizard-like appearance. While it doesn’t introduce new animations or particles, it works well with its theme.
- Uncle Ryze: With a unique patriotic appearance, this skin is a great value and includes a humorous touch – an eagle sound effect when you use the ultimate.
- SKT T1 Ryze: Paying homage to the legendary Faker, this skin offers new particles and a smug character model. It’s a fan-favorite skin, especially if you’re an SKT fan.
- Zombie Ryze: While it might not look like your typical zombie, it offers a spooky vibe with a unique character model and some particle recolors.
- Pirate Ryze: This skin has a forced theme, but the unique cannon animation for the Q ability adds a fun element, making it stand out.
- Guardian of the Sands Ryze: With a “Gaara of the Sand” vibe and sand-themed particles, this design is impressive, but Ryze looks quite human in this skin.
- Arcana Ryze: Released in 2022, this skin offers an impressive appearance, with great splash art, animations, and detailed red particles. It’s an overall fantastic skin with multiple chroma options.
- Championship Ryze: The top-rated skin on this list is Championship Ryze. It exudes grand power, captivating in-game model, and unique animations. It’s a must-have for Ryze enthusiasts.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap things up, here are some quirky tidbits about Ryze:
- His name comes from Riot Games’ CEO Brandon ‘Ryze’ Beck’s alias. Talk about a personal touch!
- Ryze was one of the original playable characters in the Summoner’s Rift Battle Training tutorial, along with Ashe and Garen.
- Here’s a cool stat: Ryze was the first champion to have a whopping 9 skins. That’s a lot of fashion choices for a mage!
So, there you have it, folks! Ryze might start off a bit weak, but in the end, he’s an arcane powerhouse that can shape the outcome of any game. Happy gaming, and may the runes be ever in your favor!
Who is Ryze in League of Legends?
Ryze is an ancient, battle-hardened archmage in League of Legends known for his relentless pursuit of World Runes, which are fragments of raw magic. He’s a Battlemage and can be played in the Middle and Top lanes.
What are Ryze’s key abilities?
Ryze’s abilities include Passive – Arcane Mastery, Q – Overload, W – Rune Prison, E – Spell Flux, and R – Realm Warp. His Q can reset its cooldown, and his ultimate, Realm Warp, creates a portal for teleporting allies.
What are the pros and cons of playing Ryze?
Pros include bonus movement speed, late-game scaling, and teamfight potential. Cons include a weak early game and vulnerability to crowd control.
What are the best items for Ryze in 2023?
Recommended items for Ryze include Rod of Ages, Luden’s Tempest, Everfrost, Liandry’s Anguish, Seraph’s Embrace, and Zhonya’s Hourglass, depending on the situation.
Where is the best lane to play Ryze, and what are some good and challenging matchups?
Ryze can be played in the Mid or Top lane. Mid lane offers more impact, while Top lane is less punishing early on. Good matchups include Ezreal and K’Sante, while challenging matchups are against Malzahar and Kassadin.