Welcome to the scorching world of Brand, the fiery mage that can turn the Rift into a blazing inferno! If you’re looking for a champion with a fiery personality and explosive abilities, Brand might just be your perfect match. This amazing champion was released on January 4, 2011. In this article, we’ll dive into his lore, abilities, best lanes, items, and much more, all in gamer-friendly language that even your little cousin can understand.
Brand’s story is like a page out of a fantasy novel. Born as Kegan Rodhe in the icy Freljord region, he didn’t have an easy start in life. His mom was a healer, and his dad was a reaver who didn’t stick around. This led to Kegan being labeled as the “Reaver-Bastard” by the locals in Rygann’s Reach. Things were tough, but Kegan found solace in his friendship with Zvanna, a girl who had just moved to town. They were close, but for some reason, their relationship fizzled out. Maybe it was because of Kegan’s fiery temper, especially when dealing with the townsfolk who mocked him.
Brand’s abilities are literally fire! His passive, Blaze, sets enemies ablaze, dealing damage over time and stacking up to three times. If he kills an enemy on fire, he gets mana back. When Blaze reaches max stacks on a champion or monster, it goes boom!
- Q – Sear: Brand hurls a fireball that stuns if the target is ablaze.
- W – Pillar of Flame: After a brief delay, he creates a fiery pillar that deals damage.
- E – Conflagration: Brand’s blast spreads to nearby enemies, dealing damage.
- R – Pyroclasm: He unleashes a torrent of fire that bounces around, dealing damage. It’s like a fiery pinball of doom!
Best Items for Brand Champion
Now, let’s talk about the gear that will turn Brand into a walking inferno:
- Shard of True Ice: This final Support Quest upgrade gives you bonus stats and more wards.
- Liandry’s Anguish: Perfect for melting high-health targets and reducing cooldowns.
- Luden’s Tempest: It synergizes with Blaze, and you can spam it in teamfights.
- Demonic Embrace: Great for anti-tank and bonus defenses.
- Sorcerer’s Shoes: Boosts your magic penetration.
- Morellonomicon: Essential if the enemy has lots of healing.
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter: Slows enemies and adds utility.
- Zhonya’s Hourglass: A lifesaver against assassins.
- Void Staff: Essential for piercing through magic resist.
- Vigilant Wardstone: A handy late-game choice for more control wards.
Best Lanes and Roles for Brand
As I mentioned earlier, the top lane is my personal favorite for Brand. He can dominate challenging opponents and has a strong early game. Mid lane is a safe bet too, and he can also support you if you’re in a pinch. Just remember, Brand may not always fit every team composition, especially as a tank or bruiser.
Brand’s Picks and Counter Picks
Brand shines against champions like Braum and Rell in the bot lane but struggles against Xerath. He excels against Renata Glasc and Swain but should steer clear of Taric and Maokai. If you’re teaming up with a friend, Neeko and Poppy make for excellent allies with Brand.
Price of this Champion in 2023
Alright, time for some real talk from a fellow gamer. Brand has his pros and cons, and I’m here to share my two cents.
Brand’s visuals haven’t aged like a fine wine. To be honest, they feel a bit outdated. It would be awesome to see Riot Games give him a makeover that truly captures his fiery essence. Maybe some World Rune-inspired aesthetics could do the trick?
Playing Brand is like playing with fire – quite literally. His abilities are straightforward, which is a plus for gamers who like to keep things simple. There’s nothing more satisfying than chaining his abilities together to create fiery explosions. However, I won’t lie; compared to some other champions, Brand’s gameplay lacks a bit of complexity. It wouldn’t hurt to add a few more layers to his kit.
Brand’s lore is intriguing, especially the connection with the World Runes. It highlights the dangers of magic corruption and makes him a unique character in the League of Legends universe. But, and there’s always a but, there’s room for improvement in aligning his lore with his visuals and gameplay to make him a more cohesive and captivating character.
One thing I’ve enjoyed about Brand is his Battle Boss skin line. It’s fun and creative. However, I’m itching to see some new skins for him, especially something “Infernal” or World Rune-themed. It could breathe new life into his appearance and make him more visually appealing.
Brand is a solid champion, but there’s always room for improvement. Riot Games, take note – we’re ready to see this fiery mage shine even brighter in the League of Legends universe.
Best Guide for Brand in 2023
Brand is an often overlooked yet entertaining champion, relying on skillshots to wreak havoc on the battlefield. His unique ability to incinerate tanky foes who underestimate the power of Magic Resist consistently places him at the top of the team’s damage charts, even when played as a support. His Blaze ability is particularly potent, delivering significant damage with minimal Ability Power and items. If you’re eager to master this fiery support, I highly recommend checking out this comprehensive guide: Brand Support Guide. It’s an invaluable resource for honing your Brand skills and making a blazing impact in your matches.
Best skins for Brand
Brand, the fiery champion of League of Legends, offers a range of skins with varying themes and prices. At the bottom of the list, the Apocalyptic Brand and Vandal Brand skins offer little more than a change of outfit, lacking unique visual and sound effects. Cryocore Brand steps up with an ice-fire theme but falls short in smoothness. The arcade-themed Battle Boss Brand, while expensive, features exciting sound and visual effects. Eternal Dragon Brand impresses with its dragon theme but can be visually overwhelming. Spirit Fire Brand refines the fiery spirit concept with smoother effects. Zombie Brand, a legendary skin, offers unique animations and undead aesthetics. Debonair Brand dons a classy white suit with excellent effects, though its recall animation is underwhelming. Finally, Arclight Brand’s golden theme, smooth particles, and fantastic effects make it a top choice among Brand’s skins, with Debonair Brand offering a stylish alternative.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Here are some juicy tidbits about Brand that you might not know:
- Brand is the second fire-themed champion, with Annie being the first.
- Ever noticed that Sear’s animation looks like Annie’s basic attack? It’s like they’re playing hot potato!
- Brand’s autoattack particle is the same as Morgana’s, but it’s orange instead of purple.
- The name “Brand” comes from the Proto-Germanic word “brandaz,” which means “fire, torch, sword.” Talk about being on fire!
- His given name, Kegan, could be inspired by the Gaelic “Mac Aodhagáin,” which means “son of fire.”
- Pyroclasm takes its name from “pyroclastic,” a term for fast-moving volcanic material.
- Did you know Brand has a musical reference? He’s named after the hip-hop group Brand Nubian.
- Fun fact: Some fans once speculated that Brand was the beast Xerath used to distract Nasus and Renekton. However, new lore reveals this couldn’t be true due to the timeline.
So, there you have it, fellow gamers and Brand enthusiasts! Dive into the flames with this fiery mage and ignite the battlefield with his explosive abilities and intriguing lore. Whether you’re melting enemies in the top lane or creating fiery chaos in the mid, Brand has the potential to turn the tide of any match. So, gear up, embrace the blaze, and become a true pyromaniac in League of Legends!
Who is Brand in League of Legends, and when was he released?
Brand is a fiery mage champion in League of Legends, released on January 4, 2011.
What are Brand’s key abilities and where is he best played?
Brand’s abilities include Blaze (passive), Sear (Q), Pillar of Flame (W), Conflagration (E), and Pyroclasm (R). He excels in the top lane and mid lane but can also be played as a support.
What are the recommended items for Brand in 2023?
Recommended items for Brand include Shard of True Ice, Liandry’s Anguish, Luden’s Tempest, Demonic Embrace, Sorcerer’s Shoes, Morellonomicon, Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, Zhonya’s Hourglass, Void Staff, and Vigilant Wardstone.
How much does Brand cost in 2023?
Brand is priced at 450 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points in 2023.
What are some interesting facts about Brand in League of Legends?
Brand is the second fire-themed champion, and his abilities have unique connections and references, such as his name and Pyroclasm’s volcanic inspiration. Additionally, there was once speculation about his connection to Xerath, but new lore disproves this theory.