Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving deep into the world of Ashe, one of the OG champions in League of Legends. Ashe, our icy queen, has been around since February 21, 2009, and she’s still rocking the League with her frosty presence. She belongs to the Marksman class and thrives in the Bottom lane. But what makes Ashe stand out? Well, let’s break it down.
Picture this: a frozen tundra, a fierce tribe, and a reluctant leader. Ashe, the Iceborn warmother of the Avarosan, hails from the frigid Freljord. According to lore, she’s not your typical ruler, though. She’s stoic, intelligent, and idealistic. Armed with Avarosa’s True Ice Bow, she’s on a mission to unite the Freljord by reclaiming their tribal lands. It’s like a mix of ancient magic, destiny, and a dash of girl power.
Now, let’s talk about what Ashe brings to the table:
- Passive – Frost Shot: Ashe’s auto-attacks slow her targets and deal extra damage. No flashy crits here, but that empowered slow is a game-changer.
- Q – Ranger’s Focus: She stacks up Focus by attacking and then goes all-in, boosting her attack speed and turning her basic attacks into a flurry of pain.
- W – Volley: Ashe fires a cone of arrows for extra damage and, you guessed it, more slows.
- E – Hawkshot: Sending her trusty Hawk Spirit on a scouting mission, Ashe keeps an eye on the whole map. No sneaky plays when she’s around.
- R – Enchanted Crystal Arrow: This is the big one. Ashe launches a missile of ice that stuns enemy champions, with the duration increasing the farther it travels. Plus, it deals damage to surrounding foes. Boom!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ashe
Now, let’s chat about the pros and cons:
- Great at kiting enemies.
- Her Q even works on structures.
- A straightforward champion, perfect for beginners.
- Her R can turn the tide of battles.
- A formidable duelist in 1v1 situations.
- She’s versatile, working well with almost any support due to her utility.
- Ashe isn’t the most mobile champ.
- Escaping from danger can be a struggle.
- She’s a prime target for ganks.
- Takes time to ramp up and reach her full potential.
- Teamwork is crucial.
- You need to stack Q for maximum impact.
Best Items for Ashe
Alright, folks, gear up Ashe like a pro:
When it comes to mythic items, you’ve got options like Shurelya’s Battlesong, Duskblade of Draktharr, Crown of the Shattered Queen, or Liandry’s Anguish. If you’re going for the Enchanted Crystal Arrow bot route, grab Amplifying Tome items last, since your only AP ratio comes from your Ultimate.
Now, if you’ve got Hail of Blades, Umbral Glaive is your first pick. For mythics, Duskblade of Draktharr or Shurelya’s Battlesong can keep those arrows flying. If you’re feeling threatened, Crown of the Shattered Queen is your go-to choice.
If you’re rocking Arcane Comet, then Imperial Mandate or Liandry’s Anguish is the way to go. Spam those abilities and dominate the game!
Best Lanes and Roles for Ashe
Ashe had a brief stint as a support pick, but she’s back to dominating the bot lane. As a marksman, her primary role is to dish out consistent physical damage from a safe distance. Stack attack speed, critical strike chance, and attack damage to keep her icy arrows flying and enemies freezing in their tracks.
Ashe’s Picks and Counter Picks
Now, let’s dive into some matchup insights. Ashe isn’t just about frosty arrows; she’s got her strengths and weaknesses in lane.
When it comes to matchups, Ashe shines against champions like Xayah and Jinx. Her frosty prowess can really put these ADCs on ice. However, watch out for Karthus and Seraphine – they’re the stuff of nightmares for Ashe. You’d better avoid them if you want a fighting chance. And if you’re looking for a buddy to dominate the Rift with, Lux and Zilean are your best bets when facing off against our icy queen.
Price of this Champion in 2023
You might be wondering, “How much does it cost to unlock Ashe?” Well, good news! In 2023, Ashe is priced in the Riot Store at a cool 450 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points. So, whether you’re grinding it out or splurging a bit, she won’t break the bank.
Now, let’s get personal for a moment. Ashe is like the gateway drug to ADCs. Her damage might not seem as flashy as some other marksmen, but it’s steady and packs a punch over time. In a pure burst fight, you might not outshine a Caitlyn or Draven, but in the long run, you’ll be dealing more damage.
Why, you ask? It’s all about her passive and Q combo. Her basic attacks slow, and crits double that slow effect. Plus, she deals bonus damage to slowed targets. So, from level 1, you’re already dishing out 10% more damage than other ADCs. It’s all about the chill factor.
Best Guide for Ashe in 2023
If you’re looking to master Ashe’s frosty art, I’ve got the perfect Ashe guide for you. Despite her seeming simplicity, Ashe is a blast to play, especially for those who want to hone their fundamentals and mechanics, like kiting. She’s a fantastic champ for players looking to level up their skills!
Best Skins for Ashe
Ashe’s skins offer a variety of themes and animations, but not all are created equal. Let’s break it down:
- PROJECT: Ashe (1820 RP): This one falls a bit short considering the price. It lacks distinct animations, making it feel a tad overpriced.
- Ocean Song Ashe (1350 RP): A mix of themes, but it redeems itself with clean animations.
- Cosmic Queen Ashe (1350 RP): Well-designed with subtle yet fitting animations.
- Marauder Ashe (750 RP): Simple but stands out with a noticeable character model change.
- Coven Ashe (1350 RP): Somewhat basic animations for its price.
- High Noon Ashe: Thematically sound but not the best High Noon skin. The idol and movement animations are top-notch, though.
- Fae Dragon Ashe: Vibrant colors and a standout ultimate animation make it impressive.
- Heartseeker Ashe (975 RP): The best value choice with a well-made in-game model, recognizable animations, and an iconic ultimate ability.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Before we wrap up, here are some fun tidbits about Ashe:
- She’s the second fire-themed champion after Annie.
- Her dance is a nod to Alizée’s “J’en Ai Marre!”
- Ashe shares similarities with Ashelia B’nargin Dalmasca from Final Fantasy XII.
- She’s the only champion with two global-ranged abilities: Hawkshot and Enchanted Crystal Arrow.
Remember, with Ashe, it’s not about flashy plays but steady, icy control. So, get out there, frost your enemies, and lead your team to victory!
That’s it for our deep dive into Ashe. Get out there, summoners, and unleash the frosty fury!
Who is Ashe in League of Legends?
Ashe is an OG champion in League of Legends, known as the Iceborn warmother of the Avarosan from the Freljord. She wields a True Ice Bow and focuses on slowing and dealing damage to enemies.
What are Ashe’s main strengths and weaknesses?
Ashe excels at kiting, has good utility with her ultimate, and is versatile in the bot lane. However, she lacks mobility, is vulnerable to ganks, and takes time to reach her full potential.
What are the recommended items for Ashe in 2023?
Mythic item choices include Shurelya’s Battlesong, Duskblade of Draktharr, Crown of the Shattered Queen, or Liandry’s Anguish, depending on your playstyle. For Hail of Blades, Umbral Glaive is a solid choice.
What are some favorable and unfavorable matchups for Ashe?
Ashe is strong against champions like Xayah and Jinx but struggles against Karthus and Seraphine. She synergizes well with Lux and Zilean as support options.
How much does Ashe cost in 2023?
Ashe is priced at 450 Blue Essence or 260 Riot Points in 2023, making her an affordable champion to unlock.