Hey there, fellow gamers! Today, we’re diving into the world of League of Legends to talk about a champion that’s close to my heart – Jax. This guy is an absolute beast on the battlefield, and I can’t wait to share all the ins and outs of playing as him. From his lore to his abilities, skins, and more, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s jump right in and learn what makes Jax the Grandmaster at Arms!
Jax’s story is as intriguing as his fighting style. He’s the last survivor of the Kohari, a group of champions dedicated to defending Icathia. However, when the Void unleashed its power against the Shuriman empire’s Ascended Host, Icathia was obliterated, leaving Jax without a home or purpose. Now, he roams Runeterra, carrying the “last light of Icathia,” symbolizing his hope to one day vanquish the Void. Jax is always up for a brawl, seeking opponents who can challenge him, but the events of Icathia have left him with lingering doubt.
Let’s break down Jax’s formidable abilities:
Passive – Relentless Assault: Jax’s consecutive basic attacks increase his Attack Speed, making him a relentless force in prolonged fights.
Q – Leap Strike: Jax leaps toward a target, dealing a devastating blow if it’s an enemy. It’s your initiation move and great for closing gaps.
W – Empower: Charging his weapon with energy, Jax’s next attack packs an extra punch, dealing additional damage.
E – Counter Strike: Jax’s combat prowess allows him to dodge all incoming attacks briefly, and then he counterattacks, stunning all nearby enemies. This skill is a game-changer in team fights.
R – Grandmaster-at-Arms: Every third consecutive attack deals extra Magic Damage. When activated, it damages nearby enemies and boosts Jax’s Armor and Magic Resist temporarily. It’s your ace in the hole when things get dicey.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Champion
Now, let’s discuss the strengths and weaknesses of playing as Jax, in my humble opinion:
- Excellent duelist – Jax thrives in one-on-one situations.
- Late-game powerhouse – His scaling is top-notch.
- Fantastic split-pusher – Take down towers like a pro.
- Built-in escape with Leap Strike – Get out of tight spots in a flash.
- Auto-attack reset – Master this and you’ll dish out damage like a pro.
- Vulnerable to crowd control (CC) – Stuns and silences can ruin your day.
- Tough to recover when behind – Falling behind early can be a struggle.
- Matchup knowledge is key – You need to know your opponents.
- Tricky matchups – Some champions give Jax a hard time.
- Teamfighting can be challenging – Coordinate well with your team.
- Mana-hungry – Keep an eye on that mana bar.
- Missing your R can cost you – Timing is everything with Grandmaster-at-Arms.
Best Items for Jax
Now, let’s gear up our Jax for success. Here are some must-have items:
Divine Sunderer: This item provides a decent HP boost, AD, and the Moonflair Spellblade proc that deals max health damage on-hit. It’s a versatile choice.
Trinity Force: A classic Jax item, it boosts attack speed, health, damage, and includes Sheen procs. Great for those who want to dominate the early game.
Blade of the Ruined King: Ideal against high HP foes, this item grants AD, attack speed, lifesteal, and a handy passive to chase down enemies.
Spear of Shojin: Offers AD, HP, Ability Haste, and bonus ability haste based on your bonus AD. Plus, it grants increased movement speed based on missing health.
Plated Steelcaps: These boots, perfect for auto-attack reliant matchups, can help you withstand those relentless attackers.
Mercury’s Treads: If the enemy team is CC-heavy, these boots will save the day by reducing crowd control effects.
Best Lanes and Roles for Jax
Now that we’ve got Jax all suited up, let’s talk about where he shines:
Best Lanes and Roles:
- Top Lane: Jax is a top-lane champion through and through. He excels in one-on-one combat and can split-push with ease, putting immense pressure on the enemy team.
- Jungle: Surprisingly, Jax can jungle with great success. His ganks are potent, and he can duel with the best of them. If you prefer the jungle role, give Jax a shot.
Champion Picks and Counter Picks
Choosing the right champion and knowing who to avoid can be a game-changer. Here’s what you need to know:
- Jax shines against champions like Briar and Volibear. His kit allows him to outperform them in the top lane.
- Be cautious when facing off against Dr. Mundo and Garen. They can give Jax a tough time, so it’s best to avoid these matchups if possible.
Price of this Champion in 2023
In 2023, you can unlock Jax for 1350 Blue Essence or 585 Riot Points. A solid investment for a champion with such versatility and power.
I’ve spent countless hours mastering Jax, and I can’t stress enough how satisfying it is to play him. He’s one of the best duelists in the game, especially against melee champions like Tryndamere, Camille, and Irelia. His E ability, Counter Strike, allows him to dodge incoming auto-attacks, making him a menace in close-quarters combat.
Jax’s true strength lies in his late-game scaling, but be mindful of his somewhat weak early game. Success with Jax hinges on understanding matchups and knowing when to strike. Timing is everything, and if you can maximize his potential, you’ll carry games like a true Grandmaster at Arms.
Best Guide for Jax in 2023
For those of you eager to master Jax, I’ve got a fantastic guide to recommend. Check out this guide for a wealth of tips, tricks, and strategies to elevate your Jax gameplay to the next level.
Best Skins for this Champion
Now, let’s talk fashion! Jax has a variety of skins to choose from, but some are definitely more appealing than others. Here’s my take:
- Angler Jax: While it offers a character model change, the fishing pole theme falls a bit flat, making it less appealing.
- SKT T1 Jax: This skin is reasonably priced and features a cool outfit. However, it can become a bit monotonous due to the lack of new animations or particles.
- Vandal Jax: With its mismatched weapon and clunky feel during auto-attacks, this skin isn’t the most enjoyable, despite its affordability.
- Warden Jax: It’s a decent skin with a knight armor theme, but it doesn’t offer anything particularly exciting for its price.
- The Mighty Jax: With its hockey theme, simple character model, and unique color scheme, it’s a fun and affordable option.
- Conqueror Jax: While the base skin lacks coherence, the Prestige edition enhances its overall appeal.
- PAX Jax: This rare and sought-after skin may lack new particles or animations, but its rarity adds to its charm.
- Jaximus: Loved for its new voice line, “Here’s to you kid,” it’s a sentimental favorite with a relatively standard appearance.
- Nemesis Jax: Enhancing the base skin with purple aesthetics and particle effects, it offers an improved experience.
- God Staff Jax: This skin makes you feel divine with impactful yellow-themed auto attacks and a voice filter, providing a satisfying experience.
- Temple Jax: Despite being a simple character model redesign, it’s beloved for its thematic fit and iconic straw hat, making it a top choice for Jax enthusiasts.
- Mecha Kingdoms Jax: Stand out from the crowd with numerous features, including a jetpack for the Q ability, new emotes, a voice-over, and appealing chromas.
Champion’s Tricks and Interesting Facts
Lastly, let’s wrap things up with some cool tidbits about Jax:
- Jax’s eyes are blue.
- Jax may have been inspired by Garet Jax, “The Weapons Master” of the Sword of Shannara Trilogy.
- In an April Fools’ Day patch, Wriggle’s Lantern had a joke passive that taunted nearby Jaxes, a nod to Jax’s unique weapon choice.
- Stack your Passive on minions before trading for bonus damage.
- Use Counter Strike wisely; it has a long cooldown.
- Auto-attack before using Empower for extra damage in trades.
And there you have it, folks! Jax, the Grandmaster at Arms, is a versatile and formidable champion in League of Legends. Whether you’re dominating the top lane, jungling like a pro, or exploring his many skins, Jax offers a thrilling gaming experience. So, pick up your lamp post and charge into battle – victory awaits!
Who is Jax in League of Legends?
Jax is a champion in League of Legends known as the Grandmaster at Arms. He is a survivor of Icathia, seeking to vanquish the Void, and excels in one-on-one combat.
What are Jax’s key abilities?
Jax’s abilities include “Relentless Assault” (Passive), “Leap Strike” (Q), “Empower” (W), “Counter Strike” (E), and “Grandmaster-at-Arms” (R). These abilities make him a formidable duelist and team fighter.
What are Jax’s strengths and weaknesses?
Jax is an excellent duelist, scales well into the late game, and excels at split-pushing. However, he can struggle when behind, is vulnerable to crowd control, and requires matchup knowledge to succeed.
What are the best items for Jax?
Recommended items for Jax include Divine Sunderer, Trinity Force, Blade of the Ruined King, Spear of Shojin, Plated Steelcaps, and Mercury’s Treads, depending on the situation.
Where does Jax excel in terms of lanes and roles?
Jax is most effective in the top lane and can also perform well in the jungle. He thrives in one-on-one combat and can apply pressure on the enemy team through split-pushing.